SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

ive just checked my car and i just have that little white pipe hanging out with no rubber hose on. my aircon works fine and dont get any water leaking into the cabin?

You had that split dump/screamer installed didn't you? They probably took it off then, though it wouldn't have been anywhere near fouling...

Yea i was thinking that, they must have taken the hose off for whatever reason.. Well maybe thats cleared things up a bit, the hose isnt really necessary.. for some? I dont know why people are getting water on their feet and im not.

Edited by LANDSCRIBBLE

Another SS2 owner. Keen to see how your unit performs! I SHOULD TECHNICALLY have everything up to scratch to now be making 280rwkw+. Just need the tune part.

At moment there are 3x SS2 evaluation units ever made. One's with you, the other went to an auto and another one went to kwickr33. I'm looking to make changes to it as for a fun turbo its not as fun a ss1pu, use as a serious tracking turbo then it don't have that much of G force as the G3 up top.

During Xmas period I will spend more time re-design it, still for 300rwkws while having G3 alike uptop torque with current response.

Also I've made couple of simple mechanical actuator setups that can bolton to the current wastegate arm, the goal is to hold ss1pu at 20psi flat, that will push more power in up upper band. Any ss1pu users in Melbourne are welcome to pm for a trailing sample.

At moment there are 3x SS2 evaluation units ever made. One's with you, the other went to an auto and another one went to kwickr33. I'm looking to make changes to it as for a fun turbo its not as fun a ss1pu, use as a serious tracking turbo then it don't have that much of G force as the G3 up top.

During Xmas period I will spend more time re-design it, still for 300rwkws while having G3 alike uptop torque with current response.

im hoping to go ss2 in feb once the headwork on my engine is done. also keen to see what mods you come up with this. of course if its better i will be all over it

i can vouch for the G3 being a fun turbo haha.. my torque curve is pretty much a flat line from 4500 too 7300 cuttoff, it doesnt let up at all.. im thinking of upping the rev limiter, the thing just wants more revs!

Very happy with the turbo, sounds great and when it comes onto boost.. wow! lol and still so drivable when not trying to go fast.. dont know what all the fuss about lag is about tbh..

i can vouch for the G3 being a fun turbo haha.. my torque curve is pretty much a flat line from 4500 too 7300 cuttoff, it doesnt let up at all.. im thinking of upping the rev limiter, the thing just wants more revs!

Very happy with the turbo, sounds great and when it comes onto boost.. wow! lol and still so drivable when not trying to go fast.. dont know what all the fuss about lag is about tbh..

Well I don't get full boost until 5000rpm. So I have about 1000rpm of 'usable' power on the street. It is good fun, and I do track my car so I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs out there, but I wouldn't recommend this turbo to anyone for the street.

Can you post your dyno sheet, or point me in the direction to where it is already posted? The way you have described your torque curve sounds impossible to me...

yeah i get full boost 17psi according to my guage at about 4300rpm?

How come only 1000rpm of usale power if it comes on at 5k? does it drop off in the top end? Whats your limiter set at? Hmm man i dont know, my turbo seems fine for the street, easy to drive around normally and in say 3rd gear at 3krpm at WOT while its not hitting full boost, its still faster that the stock turbo that ive come from.

Nah i dont have it on me its at home, but hits 400nm at 4500 and from memory is at about 380nm at cutoff.. My tuner was really impressed. As i said it feels like it needs more revs.. 8Krpm on a stock RB25?

I have the G3 as well and has been pretty damn laggy but most of that is to do with the 7psi actuator on it until the tune gets done.

Even with the lag running only 7psi and my quick road tune it it still manages to pass my friends tune r33 still with the stock turbo.

I mainly went the G3 as I am building a 3L in my spare time.

Oh and the way I see it the extra lag over the smaller turbo's just makes me less likely to thrash it all the time.

yeah i get full boost 17psi according to my guage at about 4300rpm?

How come only 1000rpm of usale power if it comes on at 5k? does it drop off in the top end? Whats your limiter set at? Hmm man i dont know, my turbo seems fine for the street, easy to drive around normally and in say 3rd gear at 3krpm at WOT while its not hitting full boost, its still faster that the stock turbo that ive come from.

Nah i dont have it on me its at home, but hits 400nm at 4500 and from memory is at about 380nm at cutoff.. My tuner was really impressed. As i said it feels like it needs more revs.. 8Krpm on a stock RB25?

Because I don't take my car all the way to redline every time I drive. Take it to 6000rpm in second and I'm pretty much breaking all my local speed limits. I don't even get onto full boost in 3rd before I'm breaking every speed limit in Australia. Hence that powerband up top is not really usable. But it should be fun on the track, will have to see how quickly I can get it on song coming out of corners.

And ok that's reasonable, I took your flat line statement a bit more literally haha. I'm making 450nm at 5000rpm, falling to about 400-390 by redline.

Well I don't get full boost until 5000rpm. So I have about 1000rpm of 'usable' power on the street. It is good fun, and I do track my car so I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs out there, but I wouldn't recommend this turbo to anyone for the street.

Can you post your dyno sheet, or point me in the direction to where it is already posted? The way you have described your torque curve sounds impossible to me...

I had a look through into your dyno reading which appears its missing a big chunk of power band down low, the black line represent the missing figures. You've mentioned the tuner experienced some ECU faults, not sure if that is why he made it retarded. Would be a good idea to find out the cause. I've posted the ecu file for it, he can use for reference. It would be totally different to drive once every thing runs properly, also was the VCT enabled in your car?

halando.jpg

Slowskyline would you have a reading from your current tune? or have a look at the tune on my test car. I'm pretty sure its about the same.

18/02/12:

Above run was found to have VCT disabled.

I had the G3 and I also thought it was too laggy on a RB25 for the street. Mine made full boost in 4th gear around 4500rpm. So that means full boost is even later in earlier gears. I think my setup was about 200rpm less responsive than Tao's car with the same turbo.

I am confused by your lack of enthusiasm in the SS2 Tao, one of them made over 300rwkw on 98 fuel with full boost by 3800rpm!!! That is a fantastic result!!

Then the SS3 made 326rwkw with full boost at 4000pm.

To me I dont know why people still choose the G series of turbos, especially not for a street car.

You only had an retired version of PU high flow. the current FNT version has different drivability and power delivery on a Rb25det. When have time come pass again with your bicycle (I can't believe this guy raid from Williamstown all the way to Campbellfield on a bicycle lol), Take my car for a quick spin and have a feel in the difference.

But even compare to your old result, Halando's car is still off 30kws mid rang and Trent only dynoed your car on 9 secs. Some thing is not quite right with it.

The only thing I'm not too happy with the current SS2 is abit lack of top end torque. it cannot catch up to a G3 once in 3rd gear. I will do bit more research into it and make the torque expand more into the high rev range.

You only had an retired version of PU high flow. the current FNT version has different drivability and power delivery on a Rb25det. When have time come pass again with your bicycle (I can't believe this guy raid from Williamstown all the way to Campbellfield on a bicycle lol), Take my car for a quick spin and have a feel in the difference.

Hahaha its a funny site an R34 2 door with tow bar and bicycle rack :)

(sideways as it overtakes you hehe)

I am confused by your lack of enthusiasm in the SS2 Tao, one of them made over 300rwkw on 98 fuel with full boost by 3800rpm!!! That is a fantastic result!!

my thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

mine also has also ported head and mani, and poncams on the way. plus was going to run SimonR32's "Jew Juice" E42.5 so should be heaps of fun once its broken in :cheers:

Thanks heaps Trev! I have a lot better understanding now with those pics.

Is the material around the white hose soft sponge? Would it stop water?

i didnt really check it. but hose is still off so can look tonight. i guess it could stay off and just seal it up around the white hose with something

my thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

mine also has also ported head and mani, and poncams on the way. plus was going to run SimonR32's "Jew Juice" E42.5 so should be heaps of fun once its broken in :cheers:

Aftermarket cams and E85 would make a big difference on torque and power up top. If that is then plan then you will be super happy with the current SS2. :D