SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Harden up sunshine. How do you get offended by ppl explaining things properly the first time so you don't ask the question again.

I just quoted myself but this guy got offended and STILL asked the question again after it was written there in front of him!

Edited by Bond

Hyper flow answered it.

The smart ass rolls just annoys me he doesn't answer the questions just tells me I need the money.

Thanks for the help

Do you mind telling me the cost for this std turbo able to make 240kw?

Std high flow on a R33 turbo can do around 240rwkws I'm not too confident on 250rwkws how ever there's a customer's got 260rwkws.

You need injectors, ecu, cooler and free flow exhaust.

Get injectors from cleaninjection on ebay from USA for $400

Adaptronic ecu for $1100

Cooler kit $400 ebay special will do

Exhaust $800 3inch turbo back

Std high flow inc oil line: $960

All up: $3260 Assume DIY.

There's 6 or 7, I'll have to look them up.

Do, because it might be possible to rectify it, email pete or matt at nistune with the issues, they will get onto it quick smart and help you out, those guys are fantastic.

How does it feel to drive on the street?

It feels like 400rwhp :P

Nah it feels good. It doesn't actually throw me back in my seat as much as the ATR43G2 did, but it's definitely faster. Not as laggy as I thought it would be either, though I couldn't tell you exactly what time I hit full boost as I haven't had the game to take my eyes off the road yet :P

Do, because it might be possible to rectify it, email pete or matt at nistune with the issues, they will get onto it quick smart and help you out, those guys are fantastic.

Yeh that's what I meant when I said I have to look more into it, I'll speak with Matt about it. And yeh, I'd be a bit disappointed if it turns out I do have to change ECU; Matt's support is fantastic and there's so much info and help on the forums.

Yeh that's what I meant when I said I have to look more into it, I'll speak with Matt about it. And yeh, I'd be a bit disappointed if it turns out I do have to change ECU; Matt's support is fantastic and there's so much info and help on the forums.

If it is going into the knock map sounds like dodgy wiring for a sensor or a failed sensor. When it goes into the knock map certain features are turned off I think, things like closed loop etc. Post over on the nistune forums, you should get an answer within a day or so.

I don't have closed loop anyway, no o2 sensor. But yeh, the issue is my car was originally non-turbo and I've put the engine in it, so not all the sensors were installed and things like the traction control have been deleted. Apparently this motor or at least the ecu were originally automatic, so that's causing some issues. Small things like that.

Side note, car only made 318rwhp on the roller dyno. Mates car was also down 100hp from when it was tuned 2 weeks ago. Pinch of salt :P

Got my car finally finished, final very conservative tune ended up with 260rwkw at 15psi. My tuner didnt want to push it any further, that was with a ramp rate of 15secs. He said in shootout mode it would net about 275-280rwkw.

i only got to drive it for 100kms yesterday cause now my clutch pivot ball is broken again in my gearbox and i cant drive it!! But its SOOOO much fun, when it comes onto full boost at 4.5k in second and 3rd it throws you back till redline. Very fast :) but driving it slowly around you wouldnt know it has a big turbo, its only when u want to go and put the foot down that you notice the lag and need to throw it down 1 or two gears to get it in the sweet spot.

May need another muffler now, its very loud.

We did throw some more boost in it to see what would happen 18psi netted only a extra 3rwkw, but more midrange but he had to bring timing out of it. its 16psi and bleeds off to 15 in the top end.

Which turbo was it sorry? Dont know why people r not boosting it UP- when u have evos and stis running 20psi+ in many cases across the board, whats wrong with our RBs not handling generally more tan 18psi?? 15-16psi is just too low imo, when u can safely push the stock one to to 12 normally

Which turbo was it sorry? Dont know why people r not boosting it UP- when u have evos and stis running 20psi+ in many cases across the board, whats wrong with our RBs not handling generally more tan 18psi?? 15-16psi is just too low imo, when u can safely push the stock one to to 12 normally

It isn't about psi, it is the torque levels that break things. You stop turning the boost up when it stops making power or starts detonating, he said he went to 18psi with a 3kw increase up top, imo his tuner made the right decision.

I'm pretty sure who ever modified the actuator bracket didn't pre-load it (because its too hard lol). Load another 3mms into the extend that will hold 20psi flate. Once more boost is held up top it will bring the top end power even further. Have a play with it, you should be able to get around the 300rwkws mark on shoot out mod.

it is a ATR43G3.. The engines are old mate, pumping more than nearly triple the PSI what it came out with is dangerous. My tuner isnt in the game to tune a engine to blow up in a year, i have full confidence in the tune, i was there for most of the tuning, he spent 5hrs doing it. Turbo can no doubt take 24PSI but my standard engine cant.

It didnt not ping once on the dyno and he said it was really healthy, and could make it make 300rwkw if i wanted to, but he wasnt comfortable putting his rep on the line on such an old engine. Im happy with 270 odd on low psi, the way he has made it come onto boost dosent fry the tyres in second either so far, but i havent really pushed it yet.. The power curve is verrrrrry smooth keeps making power till 7300 cutoff.

hmm ill give my tuner a call on Monday about the actuator but i dont know if i can cbb for the moment, as he said he doesnt tune RB25's with standard engines past 280 anyway cause of to much risk.

Its VERY impressive atm, ill get a dyno sheet up.. i did notice it does come onto boost pretty late, like 4300 at 16psi thats with slow ramp too.

but i cant drive it anyway for the moment, gotta be towed away to get the clutch pivot ball replaced

Evo's are poop. They run such massive boost to create power our cars will make with half that boost. Remember my old tune? 11psi for 244rwkw. Can an evo do that? Don't let this turn into another hijack like last time lol. My brothers car runs 35psi, its a rotor, its built for it.