SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I'll post the sheet when I get on a computer.

Yeh it was creeping up to 30psi and was maxing at about 320rwhp. Its not the size of the screamer Stao, it's the sharp 90 degree bend. Thats the difference between my tuners and yours; my tuners is a gradual curve so there's no restriction to the flow.

And yes, tune is finished. I've apparently found the limits of NIStune, it's not happy.

rofl.gif

stupid.gif

i was with my tuner when he did a quick 30mins tune tonight.. 240rwkw at 5.5k rpm, pushed it to 7k but i forget the figure, was somewhere around 260.. only on 16-15psi hes hesitant to push anymore on a standard motor.

:/ finishing it tomorrow morning.

rofl.gif

stupid.gif

Haha, don't get too excited James, I have to look more into it. Still beats Power FC in any case :nyaanyaa:

Sean said at this stage it is the NIStune holding me back as it's just popping error codes all over the place from my having deleted traction control and the engine transplant and a few other things. Seems to think the shape of the power curve and slight lack of power is due to the NIStune not being happy, apparently it was quite difficult to tune. It will make more sense when I post the dyno sheet.

Really? Was he having issue's with adjusting for different afm or injectors or just in general?

Post dyno sheet :)

Is it possible to do it from an iPhone? Otherwise I'll upload tomorrow when I'm on a computer haha.

I don't think he would have had an issue with the afm or the injectors, it was tuned with them before. The only change was the turbo and wastegate, so isn't it just a case of rescaling and then adjust fuel/timing? Or am I mistaken? There is a reason I didn't tune myself :P

I don't think there is an limit on nistune, Maybe a faulty ecu or data corruption in the chip?

was it a hard drop in power then picks backup up again after certain rev range like a 2nd lunch when its gone wired?

Hey guys,

Running a stock r33 turbo right now

Just wondering the cost and what I would need for a responsive street high flow turbo?

My aim is 250rwkw

What would you recommend and can we use the stock highflowed to get this?

Thanks kask

Std high flow on a R33 turbo can do around 240rwkws I'm not too confident on 250rwkws how ever there's a customer's got 260rwkws.

You need injectors, ecu, cooler and free flow exhaust.

Get injectors from cleaninjection on ebay from USA for $400

Adaptronic ecu for $1100

Cooler kit $400 ebay special will do

Exhaust $800 3inch turbo back

Std high flow inc oil line: $960

All up: $3260 Assume DIY.

It's not a fault of NIStune itself as I understood it, it's a fault of the factory ecu. The factory ecu is unhappy because of all the changes I've done, it keeps popping codes. Basically Sean had to tune the car in the knock maps because it wouldn't stay in the primary maps. He would reset it, try to run it and it would just jump to the knock maps straight away and give all the codes again. So yes, there is no limit on NIStune. But the ecu itself is not happy.

And no, the first couple of runs it just wouldn't make the power, it would peak at a very laggy 320rwhp. When we changed the screamer it was all good.

lol thats like tunning my S2 R33 on nistune. It switches it self between normal map and Knock map, well you can make knock map exactly the same as the normal map.

Well if that is case I can refund you for that bit of screamer pipe we've made.

Let me know if you do decide on a new ecu, I can supply you an adaptronic plugin cheap and no need for AFM.

And once fixed try abit more boost into it, should be able to push out around 420rwhp on stock manifold.

Just a quick post because I'm on my phone; car made 390rwhp@18psi. Biggest restriction was actually your screamer pipe Stao, may want to rethink that design as it caused a few issues. Luckily my tuner had a spare one lying around that fit.

glad to hear its made a decent result in the end, do you have the car or is it still at the tuner's? ie, still going to the dyno day tomorrow? :D

I'll be there mate ;)

To be honest I was going to be happy with 380+. I know there's still a few things with my setup that could be better like the 3" intake should be 4" etc. But I'm happy for now.

Stao, I'd definitely appreciate it if you could refund me for the screamer but I didn't expect it. As for the ecu, that's another thing I'll have to think about. I've always been a believer of picking an ecu to suit the tuner, so I'll be speaking with him about that.

So you guys presume I either don't have the mods already or don't have the cash to get them?

Only asked the cost of the turbo

Already got the ecu sorted

Injectors and afm will be later

The exhaust is already done

So is the cooler

Also already know the costs and what I need for this 250kw

Just need to know the cost of making it possible for 230-240kw

I'll be there mate ;)

To be honest I was going to be happy with 380+. I know there's still a few things with my setup that could be better like the 3" intake should be 4" etc. But I'm happy for now.

Stao, I'd definitely appreciate it if you could refund me for the screamer but I didn't expect it. As for the ecu, that's another thing I'll have to think about. I've always been a believer of picking an ecu to suit the tuner, so I'll be speaking with him about that.

"Hi is that Sean? Yes, good. Listen, you don't know me but I know you, please tell Martin with the white R34 that he needs a Power FC. There's a 6-pack in it for you. Cheers mate cya."

So you guys presume I either don't have the mods already or don't have the cash to get them?

Harden up sunshine. How do you get offended by ppl explaining things properly the first time so you don't ask the question again.

Also already know the costs and what I need for this 250kw

Just need to know the cost of making it possible for 230-240kw

Turn the boost down a few psi......free!

Edited by Bond

It's not a fault of NIStune itself as I understood it, it's a fault of the factory ecu. The factory ecu is unhappy because of all the changes I've done, it keeps popping codes.

What error codes?

Hyper flow answered it.

The smart ass rolls just annoys me he doesn't answer the questions just tells me I need the money.

That is because it is listed about 8000x times in this thread, in the first post as well and also on his website.