SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

To Get about 260~270rwkws we can machine your stock comp and OP6 turbine housing then use ATR28G3 CHRA with a ATR28G3 with a cropped turbine and 14psi actuator. That should be ok for up to 270rwkws assume your Auto can hold it.

To do that it will cost $800 + $150 Turbine wheel modifications and actuator + $80 braided oil ine + GST = $1133

we will need roughly 5 days on it.

With ATR43 .63 turbine you can get similar power without having to crop the turbine wheel which get you lot better response. To high flow with the cost of turbine housing is $1230 + GST = $1353 including oil feeding line

Here's one with RPM in it (transferred the scale from Dr.drift's dynosheet):

atr43272rwkwrpm.JPG

Unfortunately the Boost analyzer at Phase auto got run over by a customer's car and currently broken. I have a sheet from Trent last week.:

atr43g3boost15psi.jpg

cool thanks stao,

So the first option would require me sending you me entire turbo?

2nd option is that made completely of your housings? or do i need to send you a turbo of some sort?

ideally i'd like to not have to take my turbo off as i need the car to get to work. and then i can sell it later to offset the costs.

Can easily get my hands on a stuffed 33 turbo if that makes things easier?

you have so many different options im getting confused which one uses which housings etc haha

if there is not an option i'll just have to do it i guess. just sussing out my options.

seems to be turning over top end a bit early for a rb25?!?

With the top end. I'm suspecting that is due to the exhaust housing maxing out, or might be some thing to do with the actual engine. floor 4th gear the RPM fluctuated its way from 5500 RPM to 7000RPM. But it does not fluctuate on neutral. I’m not sure if all my boost were turned into blow by.

stao, any chance of getting the car to have a power run on another dyno eg. dr drifts or status???

would be good to see a full rpm pull up to 7000-7500 and also the torque/boost figures... the graph you posted seems a little wierd and says it makes 809nm which seems to be way too high

Hi Stao

would like to thank you for your excellent product and customer service mate. Little bit of background info: I bought a Hypergear ATR28G3 off Stao as an upgrade on my R33 RB25DET S1. Only looking to achieve approximately 250-270rwkw. The turbo is on the car now and on 14psi with power fc, 740cc Nismo injectors, splitfire coilpacks, greddy fmic, AM Performance exhaust, Bosch 040 fuel pump its making 246.6rwkw with a leaking exhaust. Ran out of time as i needed the car hence why the car was tuned with a leaking exhaust.

According to the tuner there is potential to get around 260-270rwkw with this turbo once the leak in the exhaust is fixed and the boost is raised. The turbo was a straight bolt on.

Highly recommended!

Thanks

Krishy

Thanks for the support.

I Probably go to status with the new R33 S2 in few weeks. I won't be taking my current R33's result very seriously, this engine's knocking with poor compression. Also this Fluctuating RPM probably indicated huge amount of blow by.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with my turbo installation. I have included a picture of my old one and the new one so you can see the difference. It appears the compressor outlet on the high flowed one is rotated around too far and is hitting the exhaust manifold when I try to install it. In the picture I have a ruler across the face of the exhaust inlet on both turbos. On my old one there is a large gap above the compressor outlet, but on the high flowed one, the compressor outlet is holding the straight edge off the exhaust inlet. Can i simply loosen the bolts on the compressor housing and rotate it round to the correct position or will this screw something up internally?

post-66529-1257999198_thumb.jpg

post-66529-1257999209_thumb.jpg

Hey there guys, Nice nice, ive got basic mods like

full exhaust 3inch all the way with bashed out car

740cc highflowed injectors

power fc

z32 afm

pod filter

splitfire coil packs

walbro gss fuel pump

and a hypergear highflow with stock r33 housing atr28g2

greddy profec spec b II

and i got a tune from Trent @ status tunning doing 233.3 kws on 17.5 psi.

i wana reach 240-245 atleast... is this possible?

Hey there guys, Nice nice, ive got basic mods like

full exhaust 3inch all the way with bashed out car

740cc highflowed injectors

power fc

z32 afm

pod filter

splitfire coil packs

walbro gss fuel pump

and a hypergear highflow with stock r33 housing atr28g2

greddy profec spec b II

and i got a tune from Trent @ status tunning doing 233.3 kws on 17.5 psi.

i wana reach 240-245 atleast... is this possible?

from memory we cut tuning short on yours as it had boost issues (leaks or something) im sure there is more in it but have you fixed the boost issues?

Flargh:

You only need to lose up the 6 bolts under the comp housing. Then rotate it by very slight. then it should be fine.

Geraus to get 250rwkws you will need to run it on a OP6, or .63 rear housing. Or I can crop abit of the turbine wheel for better flow.

We also have .82 rear housings with the same bolt up pattern which I'm putting one on as we speak.

Hi mate. I'm chasing around 300rwhp or 200rwkw. Slightly not or less it don't matter. Don't want a lag monster and I don't think this power level really requires one. Looking at modified r33/34 turbos. Do you have anything off the shelf ?

Wish I could get a hks 2530. But funds won't permit

We can build you an identical spec sleeve bearing version of 2530 for about $1450 with oil line. Its ok for up to 230rwkws with super fast response. or we can sale you a high flowed R33 turbo for $1180 with oil line. should do similar sort of HP with slight less response.

g'day stao i'm looking at upgrading my stock turbo.

supporting mods are nismo 740cc's, fmic, fuel pump & ems stinger.

i'd like to take the rb25 to its safe limit, so around 330rwhp from what i read is reliable.

my question, is what would be the best for the street, i'm guessing a tr43 g2 with a .63 housing?

or would it be worthwhile going to a .82 housing ?

and aside from the oil line, thats completely bolt on yeh?

sorry about all the q's, i've been reading nonstop for a few hours and i'm a bit confused.