SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

For the drain You can modify the stock drain pipe with a bit of high quality heater hose from Repco (cost $14/M):

oildrain2.JPG

Installation guide with the G3 is at page 39:

http://www.skylinesa...d/page__st__760

I just had a piece of 90 degrees 2.5 inches pipe from turbo to cooler piping then just poded the front at that time. Or just a 4inches 45 degrees hose with a straight pipe and pod.

With the rubber pipe generally if it doesn't touch it won't burn. If it does looks like going to touch then we normally put a small whole on the the end of of and pull it back against the bracket with a small zip tie.

also can you send me a photo of your engine bay? must be a very neat setup :P I'm installing another SS3 prototype I will post some photos of how that looks like on my car and whats required.

I'll take a photo in the morning, it's finally all back together and running like a dream :D No air-locks or anything which I was very surprised about, I did bleed the system but usually it takes a couple of tries to get all the air out. Now I just need to get the screamer pipe made up and it's ready for the tune on Friday.

My setup is quite neat now, apart from my hot cooler pipe which is hideous confused.gif Will be getting that remade and then it should look the goods :) Then rocker cover respray, then custom catch can, then then then... It never ends huh.gif

Could you explain a little more about the air con drain? The dump pipe is touching it, by quite a bit actually. What do you mean you put a hole on the end of it???

My dump pipe is also close to the air con drain as in it has burnt it. Does this explain why I am getting some water dripping on the feet of the front passenger when the aircon is on?

Bah. My pipe is already melted :( May have to just delete the air-con down.gif

I think thats an overreaction! Its only the release of the condensation isnt it?? It just drops water on the ground. So if there is a hole burnt in it, then either the water will drop out the hole that was burnt or in my case the water is dripping back inside the passenger feet area.

Yehh Jeff, comment was more in reaction to the amount of fking around I had to do in order to keep my aircon. It just seems to be in the way of everything, including my screamer pipe. And I would rather not have water coming into the cabin every time I use the aircon glare.gif Anyway, for those who are interested, here's a few pictures of my setup:

New turbo. Size comparison. For science ;)

IMG_0008-2.jpg

Old vs New:

IMG_0020.jpg

How it sits without any of the plumbing. At this stage I thought it was going to be easy unsure.gif

IMG_0012.jpg

In this image you can see the issues I have with the dump touching the drain pipe as well as the screamer pipe fitment. It's gonna be a hell of a custom job for that screamer.

IMG_0017.jpg

And in this image you can see how far over it moved my intake pipe. I used to be able to fit my radiator overflow in there as well, but that's had to be relocated.

IMG_0018.jpg

And finally this is how my bay looks in general. It actually looks much neater than my previous setup did, I spared no expense with this setup.

IMG_0019.jpg

I'm playing with the idea of doing a full write-up for the install, but unfortunately I didn't take any pictures along the way... If there's any interest in me doing it then I guess I can give it a go anyway. Or if anyone wants pictures of anything in specific then I can go and take some for you.

Edited by Hanaldo

I don't believe you.

Check here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/page__pid__6051685__st__2700

The E85 run has forward facing plenum that runs 1/3 of piping compare to mine which also run over the engine bay. Appears most people with forward facing plenums do run shorter cooler piping pickups better response then others whom run cross over piping.

Check here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/page__pid__6051685__st__2700

The E85 run has forward facing plenum that runs 1/3 of piping compare to mine which also run over the engine bay. Appears most people with forward facing plenums do run shorter cooler piping pickups better response then others whom run cross over piping.

Different cars right with different setups? Would need to do a direct before/after comparison on the same car.

I dare say the forward facer would not help response.

My reasoning is that longer runners give better torque and flow distribution. Larger volume in the intake tracts also gives better volume ability. IE a fatter cooler pipe after the IC than before (more volume for the denser charge).

Be it myself I would run a pipe atleast the hose ID of the throttle body from the TB to the cooler. I would run it 90 degrees from the TB then out by the manifold like the HKS cooler pipes do, eliminating the big crossover pipe.

I would do this not to shorten the length but to eliminate that crappy crossover pipe which varies the ID.

He’s running a Plazaman plenum. In theory shorter cooler piping reduces lag as the length in air travel is shorter, with less volume to fill, same as bigger or smaller coolers. Mine and Abe's car are identical in setup except shorter cooler piping and plenum, E85 should also have some effects as well. I’m also in the process of designing a shorter piping on the plenum side, should make a difference.