SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Haha good cause ur post hurt my head. :P

I learnt something last night. I was always under the impression the duty cycle refered to the duty during the pulse width and the injector was PWMd during this time. Turns out it is just simply pulsed on and the duty cycle refers to the % on out of any given time window.

I feel stupid, assumed it was more complex than it really is.

no but if its tuned really close the the injectors max and something happens that needs some more fuel (hit r&r maybe) then you won't have enough headroom left

then you run lean and boom

Whats with teh new "Kai" labelling on some of the turbo's on the website? you can get an op6 Kai highflow or a normal one, whats special with the kai?

I understand that the injector is providing its maximum flow at 100% and that it will run lean if you continue to introduce more air. I'm asking more about the timing of fuel delivery the closer you get to 100% and it's effects

Over 80% the fuel injector is basically static anyway so you don't continue to get a linear increase in fuel delivery over 80-90%. You ultimately don't want to be running much higher than 60-70% duty cycle.

Rolls no offence but based on your comment this afternoon you don't know what you are on about when it comes to injectors. no.gif After the pulsing comment I thought you would have left it alone yes.gif But all good anyway... tongue.gif

My car has 910cc injectors and have hit 68 percent at a 11.5:1 afr. From blokes that know, I have learnt that 85 percent is the max for injector life as well as fuelling reliability. Clearly they can be run higher but don't last as long.

On topic... Hypergear thumbsup.gif

We've engineered a new turbocharger for a RB20det aimed at responsive 200~230rwkws. how ever I don't have a Rb20det powered vehicle for testing. Let me know if any one's interested of trailing.

Evaluation units are $1100 inc gst and oil line, based on the condition that a dynosheet must be provided with the vehicle running its peak efficiency after installation.

The car needs to have the following mods installed or to be installed pre-dyno tunning.

Programmable ecu

FMIC, Free flow exhaust.

injectors would be perferred.

Local members are perferred.

there are 3 units made. Will refund at purchase price if they under perform.

We've engineered a new turbocharger for a RB20det aimed at responsive 200~230rwkws. how ever I don't have a Rb20det powered vehicle for testing. Let me know if any one's interested of trailing.

Evaluation units are $1100 inc gst and oil line, based on the condition that a dynosheet must be provided with the vehicle running its peak efficiency after installation.

The car needs to have the following mods installed or to be installed pre-dyno tunning.

Programmable ecu

FMIC, Free flow exhaust.

injectors would be perferred.

Local members are perferred.

there are 3 units made. Will refund at purchase price if they under perform.

does Kai mean PU?

Rolls no offence but based on your comment this afternoon you don't know what you are on about when it comes to injectors. no.gif After the pulsing comment I thought you would have left it alone yes.gif But all good anyway... tongue.gif

It is true though. I just confused the time period duty cycle was talking to, the behaviour of the injector is the same. After 85% ish it doesn't get time to close properly and is essentially completely open.

does Kai mean PU?

No. Kai runs a much larger turbine wheel they makes very close power as the PU high flows how ever it feels pretty laggy on road. Unless customers really want to use factory turbine housing then we would recommend PU high flow option better.

Pu runs our own .82 turbine housing with factory compressor housing. Its like a small trimed (56T) ATR43G3 with factory comp housing. Standard ATR43G3 runs 58T comp wheel with a .70 comp housing.

i think this info should be on your website

maybe a turbo selection guide would be useful too

i've been trying to help out another stagea owner down here with what to get (he has already emailed you)

i'm probably going to go down the same path as him too

Tao is it normal to hear like the front compressor wheel spinning? I never noticed it but now I can hear it, sounds exactly like my old high flow. Very feint but if you listen for it you can hear it...

Should make a tinny sound which is from air travelling through the pipe and inlet of the turbo. pretty normal. How ever, your compressor wheel had some stone chips from object sucked in I probabaly want to check it out and make sure its still within balance range.