SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I didnt touch anything. It's just not making as much boost now

I think either exhaust leak or intake leak. I know you pressure tested the intake, but I'm not convinced. These are the only two things that could really cause a big boost drop.

I personally had an issue where the wrong gasket was used in the two halves of the intake manifold, meant cylinder 3 and 4 were leaking badly but the rest sealed fine. Meant a boost drop in the high revs and was extremely hard to diagnose, went 2 years before finding the issue.

Could be something like this.

I think its best to send it back and swap for a FNT G3, I can give you my 330rwkws nistune map, load it in and see if that changes boost and power behavior, That turbo should also suit your driving style better.

Stao, the G3 comes with the big 3082/3540 .70 comp cover does it not?, have you tried fitting these comp covers to a stagea yet? If they do they must just about sit on the chassis rail. After beeing at my mates last night while he was fitting a 3076 with a 10mm spacer to a stagea, , theres only 10mm clearance to the rail with that setup and the spacer i have is 3-4mm larger spacer and the comp cover is much larger again .

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

I can use. 60 comp housings thats not an issue. .70 fits fine on skylines with a 15mm spacer, including the actuator bracket it sits pretty close to the chassis. We supply the spacer as a part of the turbo.

I can use. 60 comp housings thats not an issue. .70 fits fine on skylines with a 15mm spacer, including the actuator bracket it sits pretty close to the chassis. We supply the spacer as a part of the turbo.

Am I likely to have any fitment issues going from my current ATR43G2 (.63 housing) to the new turbo, Stao? Or is the 4" intake the only thing I should need to change?

Larger comp housing has better power to boost ratio, and keeps discharging temp lower. It has similar effects as having an larger turbine housing but not as significant. So unless special request all turbos above 500HP will be built with .70 comp housing as default. I've engineered the actuator bracket and spacer to fit stock exhaust manifold and dump. It will require a 4inch intake pipe with a pod and a 2.5 inches 90 degrees silicon pipe for the outlet.

The re-worked SS3 is fitted today and due for dyno test Tuesday. At this stage it feels similar to the G3 with noticeably better response. I'm hopping for around the 350rwkws assume injectors don’t run out.

Any way, my current SS-2 made super responsive 307rwkws on 20psi my dynosheet is at the rb25det dyno section.

I think we have brushed over this result. What a fantastic result from the SS2 307rwkw on 98 fuel with excellent response and full boost by 3600rpm!

Post #763 in the RB25 dyno results thread on page 39.

I think its worth also posting the dynosheets in this thread as well kwickr33.

I compared it to my SS1 result, SS1 makes 10-20kw more power below 3600rpm, same power at 3600rpm and then the SS2 kills it from then on by up to 50-60kw at some points!

Imagine E85!!!

There are my SS-2 results that I've posted in the dynosection earlier:

post-31034-0-87076600-1319554530_thumb.jpg post-31034-0-68326900-1319554610_thumb.jpg

The turbo is very responsive, with linear power delivery and super wide power band. It doesn't have much power spike. Super smooth on road.

I've also had an massive ATR45 for 2 years prior this turbo, that had a huge power spike after 5000rpms with short power band. How ever I recon that turbo pulled harder then the SS2 in high 3rd and 4th WOT, but drivability is no way near as good. The SS2 is definitely an excellent road performer.

Edited by kwickr33

post-31034-0-87076600-1319554530_thumb.jpg post-31034-0-68326900-1319554610_thumb.jpg

The turbo is very responsive, with linear power delivery and super wide power band. It doesn't have much power spike. Super smooth on road.

I've also had an massive ATR45 for 2 years prior this turbo, that had a huge power spike after 5000rpms with short power band. How ever I recon that turbo pulled harder then the SS2 in high 3rd and 4th WOT, but drivability is no way near as good. The SS2 is definitely an excellent road performer.

I did want to ask, is that dyno graph yours?

The top of the graph says 'R33 Tao Hypergear'.....

Is that just a mistake or are you uploading the graph for that turbo off Stao's car?

Thats pretty good result. I've been testing the new G3 and SS3 lately, Any way, didn't go very successful last night the SS3 prototype with larger housing only made 316rwkws on 22psi.

power.jpg

boosti.jpg

compare to earlier run with 304rwkws it appears the smaller turbine housing actually worked better.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Going larger in turbine housing made no difference in top end power apart from gain lag. Not too sure if the exhaust manifold is causing restrictions or some thing else is stopping flow.

There has been few updates with std R33 and R34 high flows plus one new turbine housing that I want to trail for the G3. After those I will be going for a proper high mount setup with external gate trailing bigger turbos.

As far as stock bolton series, there isn't much point going beyond a G3 which is out flowing the stock manifold.

Stao do u mind posting a close up clear view of your engine bay - I would like to see a close up view of your 4 inch metal intake pipe, Z32 mounting and turbo/ actuator/ dump if possible.. Trying to set my car up like yours, it is off the road now and I'm thinking of getting one of your turbos as my final mod...currently I need the injectors, Z32, dump and 4inch intake.. cheers :cheers:

Terry thats a very impressive result, does this turbo suck you back HARD into your seat?? Thats what I'm after, a very responsive 280-300rwkw hypergear turbo that throws u brutally on your seat..:thumbsup: - quick and hard response -- dunno which one I need SS2 or SS1.5 or SS pu --- very confused..

Agree that hitting 4k on traffic to get boost makes u look like a wanker, so out of those three turbos above, Im still confused which is the smaller one - am looking for min or at least 280rwkw and very possible 300rwkw..