SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I chose it as I was after 250kw.

Before the stages I had a 1974 celica powered by a 3tgte. This is actually why I expected more from a 2.5turbo when I first got the stagea.

Yup but your A20/35 would have only weighed 900kg whereas your stagea would weigh 1700kg.

I have an excedy heavy duty clutch so I can't launch hard and lag let's them get away. I think I might make a new intercooler at work and see what happens. I deffinately need a retune anyway.

More tracking footages:

This is from:

R33 GTST @ 210rwkw

hypergear High flowed turbo @ 14PSI

Greddy type-s

Cusco front camber and castor

Ksport 330mm brakes

Nismo Diff

Stock FPR

Stock Injectors

Stock AFM

Enkei RPF1 17x9+22

YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 255/40 R17

Maserati Club of Victoria

Sandown Raceway

16th October 2011

Dumping the clutch at any rpm causes massive clutch slip as it's only a heavy duty.

Chocco I think you are making assumptions, loosing boost is loosing boost. It was tuned loosing boost and still drives like shit off boost.

I'm going to make a new intercooler at work and see if it helps. Im not convinced it's the problem but it's worth a try.

Clearly your not happy so has it ever crossed your mind to maybe ring Sean and explain to him wats goin on and exactly how you feel rather then jumping online and having a whinge. Fair enough the car isnt doin awt you want it to but again...ring him and explain your doubts. There are a few guyso n here that use EFI and continue to head back for more services like myself. I honnestly cant fault them and the fact that I drove from Central Qld for a tune and then back home makes it a tad more evident.

I dont trust them to fix what they did wrong, won't get money back so why bother?? This is the 3rd tuner I've been recommend to go to and have ripped me off.

Buzz engines sumner park - set profec to 100% intercooler pipes came off 12 times on the way home before I noticed what they had done, they also kept my tps. Called them a few days later, shop closed and moved to America. $600

APC at underwood - haltech dealer - had my car 3 days, sorry we can't tune your haltech, $500 to replace a radiator hose and inform me that my stock engine uses the factory radiator hose. Lol ya think.

EFI Performane at yatala - $750 you know the story.

Ta22 1100kg - 132hp - flog everything I raced

Stagea 1620kg - 306hp - beats 4cyl, even with 6s and gets flogged by 8s

pretty sure its actually 1650kgs :(

for comparison, mine rs4s is a little quicker than a 350z with just a full turbo back exhaust

Geeze mate you have had a rough run there! There is bugger all lag with a stock turbo or an SS1! If you think thats laggy try a bigger turbo. Seems a waste to have awd but a clutch that cant handle any sort of torque.

I wonder if your clutch is slipping even under full throttle acceleration in any gear??

I would be replacing the clutch before anyone else tries to tune it.

Sheeze that sounds expensive. I pay under 1/2 of that here in Vic. Do you have a breakdown of costs with the $750 you paid?????

Instead of dumping the clutch you should be able to slip it a bit and get a good take off. I have a button clutch that doesn't really allow that which gets annoying.

Edited by Bond

for comparison, mine rs4s is a little quicker than a 350z with just a full turbo back exhaust

I thought 350Z's had an N/A V6?

No offence to the stagea crowd, there are some quick ones around but I am not sure about its selection if you want to beat everything on the road. I see them as a very practical road cars with some decent acceleration and handling.

That's what it weighed at work on the weighbridge. So not 100% accurate so yeah your probably right.

$100 for labour trying to remove front shaft.

$650 for dyno time.

It is possible its slipping but I don't think so. Doesn't have that feel to it.

I've experienced lag with the celica, the stag does feel like it tries to move but just dies in the ass at higher rpm.

I thought 350Z's had an N/A V6?

No offence to the stagea crowd, there are some quick ones around but I am not sure about its selection if you want to beat everything on the road. I see them as a very practical road cars with some decent acceleration and handling.

vq35de - redbook says 206kw with a curb weight of 1548kgs (2004 model) (1450kgs if you go a 2002 track model)

also a bit newer so you'd expect a few more ponies to be left in the paddock

think of it as a sports-wagon, bit of power bit of practicality all fun

Upload your docket for the breakdowns

Itll have everything on it for wat they have charged.

The way this is panning out your throwing it in the to hard basket cause your on the raw end. Its just so much easier to blame some1

else instead of taking the blame regardless if its for a blown gasket, a boost leak or wateva it may be. At the end of the day you cant

polish a f**kin nugget so theres no point in bagging out a workshop for something they did which you instructed them to do.

Heres my car tune it. Ok they will tune it on the basis that you give them a car thats ready to be tuned...or you could of gone in and said

heres my car, go over it first and call me to inform me of any dramas it may or may not have then go ahead.

vq35de - redbook says 206kw with a curb weight of 1548kgs (2004 model) (1450kgs if you go a 2002 track model)

also a bit newer so you'd expect a few more ponies to be left in the paddock

think of it as a sports-wagon, bit of power bit of practicality all fun

Yup point was though its not a "turbo" back exhaust :)

Exactly, its a sport wagon not a street dragging weapon (in most cases).