SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

How ever G3 build 2011 with FNT turbine setups has totally different driving ability and power delivery behavior compare to the earlier versions.

Also the new ATR43G3s maxed 330rwkws in comparison to 305rwkws to older models with lot better boost control ability as well as the ability to hold torque.

Compare to smaller turbos, The G3 has the ability to maintain G-force all the way through limiter on WOT in both low and high gears. It is a pretty good turbo to people whom's chasing strong mid range and high top end.

also noticed the Stegea is a full time 4 wheel drive (I've been told by lillcrash it is or isn't it?). If that is the case it means the engine would have greater load compare to rear wheel drive skylines, which a bigger rear housings would work better just like the turbos on S13 SR20dets and 4WD GTiR Pulsers.

Yer I posted a dyno graph earlier in the thread.

What page is it? Or can you post it again, I went back 4 or so pages and gave up.

The response is phenomenal though yeah? 0-100 street driving is fantastic. Boost is always there even if you in a gear too high. You can also have boost with partial throttle which is fantastic for roads with poor traction and accelerating through corners.

Its such a hard thing with a smallish 2.5L engine, once you go any bigger then you have now you will loose response. Do you have anyone in your area that can let you take their car for a quick drive? You will be able to gain more top end but you will loose low down, it all depends on your preference. If you drive it balls out all the time then yeah go a bigger turbo and keep it on the boil but if its a street car driven at sub 50% most of the time then I reckon stay as is.

Wow that boost is dropping straight away, something is restricting it. 230rwkw is a bit low for this turbo. Take a look at mine, we did a test before the intercooler as well, as you can see the intercooler was restricting mine. The difference gets towards 5psi as the revs increase. Even with those things sorted I couldnt break 250rwkw so your not that far off either. Its a small super responsive turbo.

post-29432-0-19914100-1318912443_thumb.jpg

And this is after the exhaust mods and the new intercooler, as you can see now I can hold over 17psi to redline (no boost controller). It doesnt make a tonne more power but def feels better. Also my boost is fairly flat up till about 5,500rpm where it drops quite a bit and then flattens out again. Yours is a linear drop straight from where it hits full boost! You can change the turbo to whatever you want but you will still have issues until you sort the issue/s out.

post-29432-0-29882700-1318912740_thumb.jpg

At 4,000rpm (~110km/h) yours is making 205rwhp and mine 214rwhp. 9rwhp difference

At 5,000rpm (~135km/h) yours is making 280rwhp and mine 295rwhp. 15rwhp

At 6,000rpm (~160km/h) yours is making 300rwhp and mine 320rwhp. 20rwhp

So you can see as the revs rise the restriction has more of an impact. But its not a massive difference either.

Mayb I should just find a decent tuner, if it wasn't jerking and surging all the time I would be happy with 300hp. Like the way I see it now if I was to get it to peak at 16psi and not drop it would make the same power without the extra fuel when it peaks at 20psi.

The power actually feels the same as it did stock, it just uses more fuel now. And it's really rough to drive.

sounds like something is wrong, should be making bucket loads more torque, fuel economy shouldn't be any diff either, sounds like someone really butchered your tune, who did it?

I can only really compare the before and after to cars I have previously raced as I didn't get a dyno before turbo blew apart. But yer it's deffinately not faster then before. I was running 13/14psi on the stock turbo.

Efi performance at yatala. On a side note I should have learnt my lesson when they charged me $100 when they couldn't get my front shaft out and I did it in 10 minutes without a jack.