SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Ok I've now fixed my air leak (loose hose clamp), changed exhaust and removed the boost control. Still getting 22psi dropping to 14psi by redline. Stao can you send me a stronger actuator to try.

Ok I've now fixed my air leak (loose hose clamp), changed exhaust and removed the boost control. Still getting 22psi dropping to 14psi by redline. Stao can you send me a stronger actuator to try.

Was that with the air box lid and filter off?

I couldn't suggest running without a filter. I had a 1mm gap between the gasket in my apexi filter and z32 and enough shit got in to damage the turbo fins. Silly idea. At least put a stocking over the box snuggly so at least you know some shit wont go in.

One run down the street should be fine surely? Just don't drive through gravel or anything like that. I'd be more worried about the sock getting eaten.

Edited by Rolls

So has anyone got their SS1PU fully tuned with dyno results yet?

I got mine in the mail yesterday, should be fitting it this week.

Yeah, 260rwkw on 19psi, stock internals. Dyno vid is on youtube :)

xxswitchfloxx

Mods are on there also. I might have a dyno pic lying around too ill post up in a sec

dynograph.th.jpg

Yeah, 260rwkw on 19psi, stock internals. Dyno vid is on youtube :)

xxswitchfloxx

Mods are on there also. I might have a dyno pic lying around too ill post up in a sec

Thanks mate - dyno would be awesome, esp with the boost. Does it hold 19psi all the way or run more/less in the midrange/top end?

Whats it like to drive?

19psi at like 3500-3700+ rpm, then dies down to 17psi by redline.

Stao mentioned i use the screws that came with it to stop the boost dropping, some sort of airflow changing method. Not sure how it works, but seeing as its a pain in the arse to get the turbo off theres no way i have the time to take it off continuously to see how far each screw needs to be turned for the boost to stay level. Not to mention the time it takes for the turbo to cool down enough to touch..

Very fun to drive, not the best top end acceleration but that's not what i wanted. This is my daily driver, so i wanted low end power and that's what i got.

Spinning wheels in first and second and get sucked in the seat :)

Keep in mind, those results were after a lot of runs, so heat-soak set in. I reckon on a cold day + first try it would make over 260.

It's just a possible solution to the boost drop, stao has suggested the upgrade or a bigger actuator. But I'm deffinately not happy with the power but i don't think that it is the turbo. My tune is all over the place.

Edited by lilcrash

Has anyone been in a car with a atr43 g3 and atr43 ss1. I'm considering upgrading from the ss1 to the g3 and just wanted to know what people think of the difference.

I have had both on my car with exactly the same mods. They are completely opposite turbos. The ATR43G3 was over 1000rpm less responsive then the SS1, was a HUGE difference. I was able to make 280rwkw with the ATR43G3 and 245rwkw with the SS1. The SS1 is way better for the street, standard turbo like response. I now use E85 fuel and make 280rwkw with the awesome response.

On both turbos my boost would drop to 15.5psi no matter what I did, boost controller, wastegate studs etc. I found replacing my intercooler and fixing up the exhaust helped as now boost only drops to 17.5psi. So for me it was other restrictions in the setup that were holding back the boost up top.

If you wanted to go bigger I would stick with the SS range, either the SS1PU or the SS2. I thought the ATR43G3 was too laggy for a street rb25. The SS2 is around 3-500rpm more responsive then the ATR43G3.