SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Well the SS2 is more responsive, while the G3 pulled a bit harder up top.

I've got few more drawings for the G2 which I will have it made and tested soon. I'm hopping the new G2 can produce around 280rwkws using less boost based on similar or better response of what it currently has.

Some trailing with GenEses prototype was conducted this afternoon. That is the biggest hair dryer I've ever had. It drained my spare battery (my old car battery) in about 3 mints. I shot the last 5 secs before the battery died out. Will do further evaluations soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_k0aYiczFM

I've had the test car tuned current FNT ATR43G3's this evening. Basically straps on, internally gated on 98 fuel. The most it made was 330rwkws on 23psi, and 320rwkws on 20psi. The runs were performed with a high pressure actuator internally gated. The 20psi run is without boost controller.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

The No.s were very consistant. This turbo doesn't get hot at all. Compare to the older G3 there is small difference on paper but huge in driving ability.

Also compare to the E85 Abe result based from the same turbo. It looks like E85 have made it producing more power and better response.

347rwkwe85power.jpg

347rwkwe85boost.jpg

Stao I would love to see what E85 does to your current setup :thumbsup: .

what rpm does the electric charger do?

Will all depend on how much load it is under, eg if you are blowing it into a 10L motor with no restriction, or a 1.5L with conservative cams, one is going to load it up much more than the other.

I am very interested to see how it goes.

Stao if this electric turbo charger works, is it feasible to adapt it to a turbo charger so you can pre spool it? Eg run a belt or gear drive to a custom bearing housing so it can be turned on and off at will? I'm not sure how you would clutch it so it doesn't pose a restriction when on boost and you want to disconnect it though.

Should be good for 5-10 second squirts then let it recharge. How will you bypass the turbine blades when it isn't in use as surely it will act as quite a large restriction, or will they free spin quite easily?

I've been testing it all afternoon, The Optima battery has no issues. Still fires and run after like 50 short runs. Would be similar to a Nos device that activates in short time pulses. This thing has no lag.

roughly 2 weeks if I don't run in to any more troubles. I've got a improved G2 design that I want to test out first. If all goes well we should be able to get close to the SS1PU's power, torque and response while not the extra coins and time making it.

How have you estimated it will make similar airflow as the G2 does?

Have you hooked it up to a flow bench to calculate how much flow it can create? Just not sure how you came to that figure.

Works every time right? :turned:

Flow bench only tells what the compressor can flow, how ever it can't predict how the whole package can perform on a certain engine. I prefer to physically test it, and after testing that many combinations I get a pretty accurate prediction of how things would turn out.

A Skyline amp is ~65amp, correct?

If that thing pulls 100amps, would beefing the generator system up to say 150amps provide enough stink to run it constantly? Or at least for much longer times than say the odd squirt for 10 seconds or so?

My issue with this (even though a good idea in theory)

Is the current draw, whacking a 300amp load on top of running fuel pumps, ECUs dash/head lights etc is going to make the car simply shut down.

In my car I can hear the fuelpump change tone ever so slightly when the brake lights come on and go back to normal 1/2 sec later, that would be 5-6 amps max, If I tried to whack 300amps on in 1 go the whole car would stop.

The other issue (if the car keeps running) is the huge voltage drop will affect the ignition and injectors and throw the tune out.

Still keen to see if it works though.