SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Also remember that while there is even pressure on both sides while the system is under boost. When you throttle off and the throttle body closes, one side has (in this example) 30psi and the other side has vacuum. This is where the BOV's function comes into it, but having a larger pressure differential along with age/condition (As above) is going to strain the diaphram more. I know they will handle 20psi all day every day no problems (if there in alright condition) but if you Jam 50psi through your system it means that there is about a 50psi (minus spring tension) pressure differential at some stage which means there is a little less then 50psi jamming the diaphram into the body, or whatever is holding it in position

I'm not saying it WILL fail, I'm just saying the more boost you run through it the more your playing with fire.

Also some winton drifting footage from Abe's car. It made 290rwkws using the old ATR43G3 none FNT version.

Capture34.JPG

Its currently making 347rwkws with the FNT update on E85. Should be seeing him hitting the track soon.

Is abe running a 0.82 rear? Does he have cams? Great result! Car looks tops in the photos too

Given some variable speed control I rekon you could easily make something NUTS out of that.

Goodluck Stao, it will be interesting to watch you pioneer the concept in public to say the least!

I've had the test car tuned current FNT ATR43G3's this evening. Basically straps on, internally gated on 98 fuel. The most it made was 330rwkws on 23psi, and 320rwkws on 20psi. The runs were performed with a high pressure actuator internally gated. The 20psi run is without boost controller.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

The No.s were very consistant. This turbo doesn't get hot at all. Compare to the older G3 there is small difference on paper but huge in driving ability.

That looks like it could be my new turbo :D

You have a PM Stao.

The ss2 made the same power at the same boost but 400rpm earlier... But maybe that turbo, being larger maybe not so much affected by heat, but even after long drives and runs through stanwell tops, I wasn't detonating or losing power

The ss2 made the same power at the same boost but 400rpm earlier... But maybe that turbo, being larger maybe not so much affected by heat, but even after long drives and runs through stanwell tops, I wasn't detonating or losing power

Yes, but I'm not just looking at the peak power. Compare the torque between the two. This turbo makes 530nm at 4500rpm, compared to the SS2 which only made 493 at 5300rpm. Then there is the area beneath the curve. This turbo is making slightly (not very much admittedly, but it's still there) more power at each rpm increment than the SS2. The SS2 only caught up just before redline. So they may make similar peak power, but this turbo looks like it would be better on the street. I am also concerned about the heat, as my motor is stock. It does get tracked occasionally, so I really need to be able to keep temperatures down.

Also not sure what is going on with the boost plot of the SS2, it really only makes it's peak boost at 5500rpm, so it's obviously getting a lot of boost creep. Not reading too much into that, it's just something that I noticed.