SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

This is the new SS2 prototype trail using the external gate turbine housing. It actually made about 300rpms better in response. how ever didn't help when the car caught in fire. lol. One of the rubber hose expanded under pressure and torched on the exhaust manifold. Well, made 293rwkws when fire broke out. lol. Will do a bit more trailing in later stages.

power.jpg

booost.jpg

looks very nice @ only 20psi too

Impressive, how is the heat with this one, could you drive it for 10 minutes in the hills flogging it non stop at ~4k on full boost without it starting to detonate or lose power?

Also what is with the torque dip when it hits full boost, lots of your dyno graphs seem to have this, is there any reason?

Edited by Rolls

This one is pretty alright. Wasn't getting very hot. Turbo was ok. We didn't get too many runs as the rubber hose caught on fire. Floged it this morning with all the rubber hoses replaced and its so much fun with external gate.

not getting hot...but vacuum lines caught fire?

this thread can bring the lulz at times

If a rubber vacuum line touched a stock dump running stock boost it would probably catch fire.

It's probably not very important to some, but for what it's worth I flogged my car for three days straight at Powercruise this weekend and it loved it. Not a single issue at all, and the performance of the G2 was great. Didn't get too hot, just kept going all weekend.

Stao, I'll be watching this thread closely. Keen on an externally gated turbo capable of 300rwkw that doesn't lose too much response without having to change too much of the stock setup. Going to look into water/meth injection to keep things cool. The turbo you're working on at the moment sounds like it could be the perfect fit.

awesome! what turbo is he running?

That was a old TR44 turbo. They are the ancestors for the current ATR43G3. I still have few housings and wheels for those used as door stoppers at moment. Can put them together for $450 with 12 month warranty for any one whom wants one. Externally gated only.

Also some winton drifting footage from Abe's car. It made 290rwkws using the old ATR43G3 none FNT version.

Capture34.JPG

Capture36.JPG

Its currently making 347rwkws with the FNT update on E85. Should be seeing him hitting the track soon.

Edit / add:

The youtube quality sucks, you can down low the raw footages from links below:

Door mounted camera

http://www.digi-hardware.com/photos/abphotos/sidecam.wmv

Roof mounted camera

http://www.digi-hardware.com/photos/abphotos/topcam.wmv

That is enough evidence for me.

Agreed on the too many turbos thing zebra.

Something like this would be fantastic

turbo name, specs @ x psi, peak kw, peak nm, peak torque -25% from x-y rpm (eg 3500-6500rpm), cost, internal/external gate/housing type

Edited by Rolls

Stao - Can we get a run down of all the products you currently offer....Ive tried looking back through this thread but info is all over the place

Pretty much what ever you see on our website. Here is a mixed of older, current and under development products. Once a better product is developed, the older version of it is automatically discontinued and replaced. Just like the ATR43G3s built in 2008 is a completely different turbo to what it is today.

The Youtube video quality is so bad compare to my original footage, I’m seeing many familiar cars. Yours might be in the footage. I will post an http link once they are uploaded.

Is it possible to compile something like what I said stao? I saw that you put quite a bit of effort into overlaying all your graphs in the past, would most likely be less work to do this. :)

Could we get some footage of you flattening the throttle at 2k in 3rd gear until like 6k or something? I'f you could film the tacho that would be fantastic, love to get an idea of the transient response on the road. :)

Could we get some footage of you flattening the throttle at 2k in 3rd gear until like 6k or something? I'f you could film the tacho that would be fantastic, love to get an idea of the transient response on the road. :)

Ill get this footage tomorrow. Ill try to push it as far as I can. Did anyone notice the XR6 lol.Tailgated me a fair way waiting for me to run him.

Edited by SargeRX8