SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

awesome! what turbo is he running?

but still, aint no skylines down the 1/4 yet :O

1/4 mile times are also pretty pointless as you have way too many factors that differ from one run to the next, including car, driver, tune, tyres, track, weather, just because one person does xx.xx does not mean you, your tyres, your suspension or any other factor will do the same, some will be faster and some will be slower.

1/4 mile times are also pretty pointless as you have way too many factors that differ from one run to the next, including car, driver, tune, tyres, track, weather, just because one person does xx.xx does not mean you, your tyres, your suspension or any other factor will do the same, some will be faster and some will be slower.

yes the 1/4 time itself varies a lot with tyres, how good the driver is at getting the car off the line etc etc.

However the mph gives a very good indication of the power/weight of the car. Given most of our cars would be similar weight it will show very well the power of the car.

You can do 10 runs ranging from poor launchs to your best launch and as long as you rev out the gears and change fairly well your mph will only vary by 1-2mph.

Can be much better then comparing dyno sheets from different types of dyno in different states etc. I just cbf getting down to calder haha and its normally on a friday night.

I don't give a flying fungooloo about all the "variables" ,it is still good to see times not just printouts is all I'm saying..

Lots of things vary..you know yourself Harey, your car isnt pulling as much power with the same turbo as Tao, but it is still interesting to see your results none the less..And it would be even more interesting if you had a 1/4 mile time slip to go with each of those turbos you have tried....

Personally i just think it is more interesting to see how it performs on a track than any paper printout..

Trap speeds would certainly back up power figures but once again it'll only really back up the peak figure and not say much about how the car drives.

I like dyno sheets as it gives a good indication of if its got good midrange punch, lots of top end etc etc

If it was auto, with a converter yes, the mph would only show a peak figure, however seeing as most guys are manual, the powerband under the curve

will still be shown in the mph. Especially the difference between 1/8 to 1/4 traps depending on turbos

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Most stock boxes with typical 4.1 -> 4.4 diffs would be able to keep the revs between 5 and 7k though yeah? Even the laggiest turbo would be on full song down the strip then.

depends on a few things, but between 5 to 7 grand happens 4 times, 3 times in a under 124mph trapping gtr generally, and even if they make the same peak power at 7000rpm

one might be down 20rwkw between say 5-6 grand, that car might pull a car length every gear change and run 2-3mph more through the traps

In a auto with a converter, it woudn't really happen, the converter would flare to upper 6000rpm from start to finish and the cars would fairly even, thats basically how it works

Had a mates gtr yrs ago, had same peak power, lillte bit more down low, every gearchange he would pull 1 car then it would stay the same, then change gear, pull one car instantly then stay same was HIGHLY annoying, haha

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

front.jpg.JPG

Got this in the mail today...

I am still waiting for my car to get here so will be a while before i have any results

But are going to run it with some pre turbo water /meth injection and some Tomei 260 9.15poncams and let it eat on at least 22-23psi.

If it make 300rwkw through a auto i will be happy

What would a 300rwkw stagea trap, what do they weigh with double sunroofs? 1650kg, my goal was 115mph

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

7 blade comp :blink:

Its not a 76mm garrett so that means very little lol

As for pre turbo water injection, you may need to look into that as ive heard its no good for the compressor. Post turbo might be better.

Just for informations sake, specs on the corona.

1jz-gte

Hypergear TR44 turbo

Trust exhaust manifold

Trust 50mm wastegate

3" mandrel bent exhaust

500X300X76mm intercooler

3" intercooler piping

GFB Mach 1 BOV

2 front mounted gearbox oil coolers

Microtech LT12s and X6 igniter

X2 Excel radiator

No power steering or Air conditioning pumps

Techedge 2EO wideband o2 sensor

NOS kit (50 hp jets)

Greddy Profec B II

Driveline

Custom tailshaft with tail shaft loop

Hiace diff with 4.11 CIG locker Hilux centre.

New bushes for all diff mountings

A340E auto controlled by MV autos manualised shift box

2500rpm torque converter with lockup

Edited by lilcrash

Its not a 76mm garrett so that means very little lol

As for pre turbo water injection, you may need to look into that as ive heard its no good for the compressor. Post turbo might be better.

Yeh i'm not to worried, i ran it that way on my R31 with no wear and my brother runs it that way on his gemini, with a 3082 just have to see how i go, depends on so many variables.

The turbo is the big hi-flow protoype stao built ages ago, made 320rwkw on around 23psi i think, and didn't get hot even with the .63 exhaust apparently

cheers

darren

This is the new SS2 prototype trail using the external gate turbine housing. It actually made about 300rpms better in response. how ever didn't help when the car caught in fire. lol. One of the rubber hose expanded under pressure and torched on the exhaust manifold. Well, made 293rwkws when fire broke out. lol. Will do a bit more trailing in later stages.

power.jpg

booost.jpg