SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I really don't know why it didn't make power on yours. The CHRA that went into it all OP6 housings are idential. Also most of R33 2IU's people's high flow have made around 235rwkws mark. Status Hub dyno reads within 1 KWs to Mainland roller dynos. it can't be 50KWs off unless the dyno you went on actually read low.

also Are you using BP or Mobile 98 fuel? Was your rubber intake pipe sucked shut on boost? Or clutch slip?

The .63 rear housing that bolton to your stock manifold and dump cost $500 to make. I will need you to send the turbo back for its housing profile.

Hey Stao, meh doesn't matter I'm blaming it on a low reading dyno lol and I'm told that they tend to read quite a bit lower compared to other branded dyno's its really only around 20kw lower ie 300hp =220kw.

yeah BP ultimate 98, nope no sucking shut (i modded it while the turbo was off) clutch is fine.

all said and done I'm happy with the car. cheers

chris

Chris how about I will machine you a ATR43 .63 Rear housing for half price of retail. Just see the amount of power gain with bigger housings as I don't currently have a Skyline to get those data my self.

Also a Stock RB25Neo should've produced around 210rwkws on 14psi but only 175rwkws out of that dyno. So I guess it is possible the dyno did read out low.

my car only made about 190rwkw with stock turbo at around 12psi i think.

Then 252 or 255rwkw at about 17.5psi with the high flow.

Status dyno is VERY accurate - i think stock run vs base line run at Status, i pulled a little more on the RE dyno a few months before taking the car to Trent.

SS8_GOhan , r u running a bigger rear housing? because Tao gave me an identical OP6 Rear housing to put on my r33 and now im having problems putting on my exhaust....? Dump Pipe and so on..did u encounter the same thing?

Stao, do you ever sleep? i mean 1am on a week night. sounds like a plan if you are willing to do it, i just wont be telling the ladie why the car aint running again :(

could you please PM me a confirmed price and i will transfer some cash into your account like last time. i'll also have to confirm with work that i can have a ute for a week.

you will need to give me a list of all the info that you require in exchange. ie dyno printouts, booste graph, setup etc etc that way i know what to get.

regards

Chris

hey Geraus, the dyno prints are on page 13. it looks a little laggy on the sheet but it drives preety dam good. it just didn't appear to make as much power as i thought but my car has always dynoed lower then average. nothing serious tho. So were going to fit the biggest housing and tune it to that to see how it responds. should be interesting to overlay all the dyno prints. ie stock turbo@14psi G3@14psi G3@17psi and the atr43.63 housing @14-17 psi.

Video footage from Jambo race way last weekend.

Chris's TR44 Powered 1JZ crowna. 315rwkws, Ran a PB of [email protected] with 1.67 60ft.

tr441jz315kw.jpg

Click to view footage

Also like to add This is a 3 years old TR44. The current version will be able to pump out 330rwkws without Nos.

Just had a ATR43G3 installed on a test car.

Some installation Notes:

The turbo fits directly onto standard manifold, and dump pipe in exact position. How ever due to the larger diameter of .63 turbine housing, one factory water line that comes behind the engine (towards engine side) touches the turbine housing by very slight. To fix this just loosen up the hollow behind engine and alter the steel line few mms lower.

On intake side. The ATR43's compressor out let is round in 2 inches and intake is round in 3 inches. There are plenty ways to adapt them onto pod filter and cooler pipings. I've just sleeve 2x rubber pipes to get the car back on road. Or you can send in your stock comp housing which requires no intake side fabrications when putting it back.

Photos:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thing looks pretty standard. haven't had other mods put in yet. car felt like taken off on a jet. Will get fuel related mods and ecu. Hopefully seeing 300rwkws with stock cams and 98 fuel.

Or you can send in your stock comp housing which requires no intake side fabrications when putting it back.

Will there be any loss of power using the standard comp cover since the intake is smaller than 3" and the outlet is smaller than 2", also is it possible to have an elbow welded onto the outlet of the bigger comp cover so it meets up with the standard piping.

Thing looks pretty standard. haven't had other mods put in yet. car felt like taken off on a jet. Will get fuel related mods and ecu. Hopefully seeing 300rwkws with stock cams and 98 fuel.

Looking forward to the results, especially what rpm max boost is reached by.

Standard comp housing can be used on G1 and G2 profiles only. with this G3 profile I'm getting 13psi at 4000RPM. You probably get 20psi at 4500RPM. I guess for 300rwkws its not too bad. any one's got some cheap 550cc injectors for sale? PM me. Pickup only

• 2 weeks later...