SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Yes, I'm currently making about 260rwkw. Thing is with sending off my turbo for Stao to modify, I live in Perth... So that's a huge down time for my daily confused.gif

I've got the G2, .64 housing. It's still just as quick, it still scares the pants off any mates that get in my car. It's just that I'm used to it now, 350rwhp got old quicker than I expected :(

No E85 in Perth, not at the pump anyway. I know forging won't give more power haha, I meant that when I can afford it I might forge and go for 500+.

Get a bigger rear, or get water meth injection and give it more boost and more timing!

Yes, I'm currently making about 260rwkw. Thing is with sending off my turbo for Stao to modify, I live in Perth... So that's a huge down time for my daily confused.gif

I've got the G2, .64 housing. It's still just as quick, it still scares the pants off any mates that get in my car. It's just that I'm used to it now, 350rwhp got old quicker than I expected :(

No E85 in Perth, not at the pump anyway. I know forging won't give more power haha, I meant that when I can afford it I might forge and go for 500+.

Get a bigger rear, or get water meth injection and give it more boost and more timing!

If you are bored with the power take the car off the road for 2 months, it will be even faster than than when you first put the turbo on.

My car was off the road for 5 months, when I got it going again f**k me dead it was amazing, the handling was the first thing I really noticed but the power was scary after driving a 1.3L barina for all that time.

So the SS1PU makes 260-280kw depending on boost on the status dyno but I cant find any results on any other dynos or from actual customer cars.

I have ordered an SS1PU and im a little worried that it will not perform as reported. The only result I see in Sydney is from Sarge and thats for an SS2 with some setup related complications.

Can anyone share their SS1PU results on a dyno other than from status?

Dont have a dyno printout yet but 232rwkw on 14-15psi before coils started to breakdown.

(this will give you some idea of potential of the PU)

when new coils & plugs inserted will get retune to fix boost up to 19-20psi and will post up dyno

Regards,

Dazza

Edited by itshimdazza

Dont have a dyno printout yet but 232rwkw on 14-15psi before coils started to breakdown.

when new coils & plugs inserted will get retune to fix boost up to 19-20psi and will post up dyno

Before going for the next tune, Please drive pass and swap for a 20psi actuator once you have the coil packs fixed.

I'm waiting for Stao to finish up on my SSv2, hopefully it should be through to me late next week. Install and tune should be done the following week, I'll post graphs as soon as I have them.

I'm running:

Blitz return flow

Trust PE II

3" dump + front pipes

Walbro 255lph direct wired

HKS pod + z32

4" Hard metal intake pipe

Bosch 1000cc's

MV Automatics Stage 2 kit - valve body + welsh plugs

Will probably end up needing new plugs and coilpack

Thanks mate,

Was this with the latest SS1PU or another model?

Regards,

Dazza

Status/Chequered dyno is about as accurate as you'll get. Conservative ramp rates and up-to-date correction methods means it will be very similar to DD results etc. I know that within melb, there's less than 5rwkw diff between the major DD shops and Trent's dyno.

So the numbers are very accurate.

I FEEL THAT THIS RESPONSE REQUIRES CAPITALS SO HERE GOES.

STAO/HYPERGEAR YOU HAVE SOME F**KING EXPLAINING TO DO

JUST GOT MY CAR DYNO TUNED - 306HP ON 14 PSI :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

MODS - ATR43 SS-1, JJR 3" BELL MOUTH DUMP, SINGLE CELL CAT, HKS HI POWER CAT BACK, JJR TURN FLOW INTERCOOLER, SPLITFIRE COIL PACKS, K&N PANEL FILTER, 3" STEEL INTAKE PIPE, TURBOSMART TYPE 3 PLUMB BACK BLOW OFF VALVE, WALBRO GSS-342, TURBOSMART BOOST T.

NO MATTER WHAT THE TUNER DID WITH THE BOOST CONTROL IT WOULD SPIKE TO 20 PSI THEN HOLD 14 PSI TO RED LINE.

TURBOSMART BOOST T.

Get rid of this piece of shit and it will not spike. They should be called turboSPIKE boost t. I've never seen one work properly, even on the lowest setting with 5cm of hosing they caused spiking on my turbo.

Also lose the attitude you sound like a spoilt kid with that post.

Edited by Rolls

Get rid of this piece of shit and it will not spike. They should be called turboSPIKE boost t. I've never seen one work properly, even on the lowest setting with 5cm of hosing they caused spiking on my turbo.

Also lose the attitude you sound like a spoilt kid with that post.

All of this. Especially the last part.

However I remember what it was like when I didn't make the power, I blamed Hypergear straight away too. Get rid of your craptastic boost controller and see how things go. 306hp @14psi isn't bad, these turbos only really come alive with higher boost. I'm sure you will see the power. don't start going off at Stao though, the man is legendary in going out of his way to help you.

I will blame him. The turbo has a 19psi actuator on it that he recommended and we only put the boost control on to try to keep the boost up. Without a boost control it does exactly the same thing. That power figure was without the boost t. From the day I received the turbo I told him it wouldnt work and he has repeatedly said no it's fine. Obviously it is not fine. If it was a boost control issue do you think I would be ranting about him.

Edited by lilcrash

Either a boost leak or exhaust leak would cause a boost drop that dramatic.

Can you pressure test the intake system and confirm you have no broken exhaust studs etc?

From the day I received the turbo I told him it wouldnt work and he has repeatedly said no it's fine.

The turbo probably is fine and it is a set up related issue.

Edited by Rolls

There was one on my Soarer when I got it, spiked to >20psi at 1/4 throttle, first thing I did before driving back to canberra was rip it off.