SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

whats the optimum bosst level of the ATR43SSPU turbo people are running. i have a 15PSI actuator and will use this as the low setting in my dual stage boost controller but am unsure about the high setting. looking back in this thread I seem to notice between 21-25 PSi.

Does this seem right?

What are you guys that have this turbo running?

Cheers ,

Darren

whats the optimum bosst level of the ATR43SSPU turbo people are running. i have a 15PSI actuator and will use this as the low setting in my dual stage boost controller but am unsure about the high setting. looking back in this thread I seem to notice between 21-25 PSi.

Does this seem right?

Cheers ,

Darren

Ive got the ATR43SS2 I run my actuator boost as low which is about 13 - 15psi(its not consistant lol) and high boost on 17 - 19psi, again not consistant. I don't know, these actuators will boost and hold fine a few times, other times they just won't hit the target. Raising my boost controller will see 20+psi. Tao said this turbo created great power with minimal wheelspin.... At these settings, I have no traction in first or second. I tried to fang it up a bridge, i was ice skating 1st, 2nd and 3rd lol.

Sarge,

ATR32sspu was installed on saturday with 3 inch hard pipe made from Scotty-nm35 (great job of the intake mind you) and the car is presently being tuned today after z32afm & 660 injectors being installed.

So I am itching to take it for a spin and hoping to have a high / low setings with the boost 15PSI actuator for low and somewhere arouns 20-21PSI with high I hope...

Darren

Ive got the ATR43SS2 I run my actuator boost as low which is about 13 - 15psi(its not consistant lol) and high boost on 17 - 19psi, again not consistant. I don't know, these actuators will boost and hold fine a few times, other times they just won't hit the target. Raising my boost controller will see 20+psi. Tao said this turbo created great power with minimal wheelspin.... At these settings, I have no traction in first or second. I tried to fang it up a bridge, i was ice skating 1st, 2nd and 3rd lol.

Learn how to drive with your right foot. or put a brick under the aceleration paddle or some thing. lol

Suspension needs to be looked at.

Does this seem right?

Get it on the dyno and keep turning the boost up until you either make the power you want to, or you stop making power and obviously tune to suit.

New tyres, get some federal 595 rs-r or kumho ku-36 they are usually good value for money.

Edited by Rolls

@ Tao's post #2385 on pg 120.

Not a bad result there. Looks similar to a T67 dyno sheet, full boost around 4000rpm and nice flat torque from there to redline (just under 500Nm). Although wasnt this turbo a bit more responsive on the standard manifold?

Geeze external wastegates have nice boost control, just perfectly flat.

Very interested in the next stage.

Yea true. I have feeling this new ebay manifold is actually a worse performer then factory manifold. I've noticed the colour of the collector below the T3 flange went bright yellowish while the rest is in dall orange. The turbine housing just start to glow till about 22psi.

By colour code if I read it right its about 1000 degrees at that point of the collector. The stock manifold also glows, but lot more evenly.

Dammit I really don't want to change my tires again at the back, Ive got brand new tires there. I need two new front tires though so Ill probably chuck some KU36 tires up there. Ive got bilstein shocks with standard springs on the rear so it does squat and not too hard so should have some traction. I drive like a bitch most of the time so maybe my tires were still cold. If I should be using my right foot to control boost, why did I fit a boost controller and a whole setup to control boost. I can flat foot it one day and hit no more than 16psi. Flat foot it the next and hit 19psi. Just today I was driving down heathcote road and low boost crept to 15.5psi. Felt sweet though.

Maybe the metal around the collector is too thin and thus getting hotter?

What sort of tyres do you have on the back?

Personally I wouldnt run KU36s on the front for a street car. How often are you cornering or braking at the limit of traction? I hope not too often. I just run all round type tyres on the front that will last. Then I just keep changing the rears with nice sticky rubber that only lasts 10-15,000km. I find that a good compromise for the street. Completely different for the track.

Yeah actually after reading it seems the KU36 aren't too flash in the rain, and being a RWD the front does most of the control work in the rain. Right now Ive got continentals up front but they are starting to get old and dry. My rears I'm running forceum or some shit. They have a really deep wells, the rubber isn't too hard and they aren't so grooved and cut up so have alot of surface area to maintain contact with the road... It could be something up with my suspension, when I am taking off in first, I get alot of shudder and it feels like my arse is bouncing. I don't know how much the front suspension affects the rear but my rear is softer than my front(My fronts are teins which feel like driving on bricks). Too much shit to change, not enough money.

I can vouch for sarge driving like a pussy :D

Sorry sarge.

U need some subframe lock spacers to help with the tramping issue's.

So who is next on the hypergear performance tune? Waiting on some more results

Sorry sarge.

I will be soon after Stao is finished making my SS-2 :)

I will be soon after Stao is finished making my SS-2 :)

Nice... Did u call me the other day about this turbo?

Im curious to see how other people go with them.

Im still waiting for dynafit to post his dyno sheet of the ss1.5

Yeah actually after reading it seems the KU36 aren't too flash in the rain, and being a RWD the front does most of the control work in the rain

By 'not too flash in the rain' they certainly arent as good as when hot, but they are still better than most street tyres! Comparitively when cold they are still good performers, it is they are just much better when hot.

I've got federal 595 rs-r on the front of my street car, not amazing when cold but all you need is one corner and they stick great, a few corners in the hills and they are amazing.

if you want something more progressive when cold get federal 595 evo, absolutely f**k all from opion1 garage, in fact ku36s are cheaper from option one than a lot of rubbish tyres youll get from local distributors.

Sorry sarge.

I drop my car off tomorrow, atr43 ss-1

By 'not too flash in the rain' they certainly arent as good as when hot, but they are still better than most street tyres! Comparitively when cold they are still good performers, it is they are just much better when hot.

I've got federal 595 rs-r on the front of my street car, not amazing when cold but all you need is one corner and they stick great, a few corners in the hills and they are amazing.

if you want something more progressive when cold get federal 595 evo, absolutely f**k all from opion1 garage, in fact ku36s are cheaper from option one than a lot of rubbish tyres youll get from local distributors.

My KU36s when a bit worn were quite bad in the wet, certainly worse then a standard decent road tyre. The worst part is that it wasnt progressive and just broke loose on me a couple of times.