SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Below is the commercial version of ATR43. This is now available. The turbo comes in 4x different profiles:

atr43front.jpg

atr43rear.jpg

ATR43G1: 450HP in . 58 / .63 rear

ATR43G2: 480HP in . 58 / .63 rear

ATR43G3: 520HP in .63 Rear

ATR43G4: 600HP in .84 rear

It is designed to bolton to your stock manifold, dump, water, and oil drain. Braided oil feeding line is required and priced at $80 with turbo. All turbos can be built with a Garrett GT Ball bearing CHRA depends on consumer's budget. To fit them to factory intake and intercooler pipes you will also need 2x silicon pipes one in 90 degrees 2inch and the other in 3inch straight.

ATR43's .58 and .63 Turbine housing is interchangeable with All ATR28Gx High flows that we've sold. Will gain instant power increasement specially to the ATR28G2 based R32 / R33 xIU high flows, Should have No issues archive upto 270rwkws with supporting moods.

just a question i got a tr43i off you a few months ago for a r33 that I wanted to run 300kw with is the one I have one of these or are these the new ones or is that why these are calld atr43g because there different?

The ATR43's shaft is liter, It has less fins and bigger gaps between fins. So compare to TR43i it would pickup better response and make more power with better torque. If you compare dynosheets with ATR43G3 and TR43i you probably find some thing looks like this:

atr284501s.jpg

I also engineered one with sized and weight reduced shaft using shorter bearings for even better response. But its obviously a stronger turbo with bigger shaft and bearings. So till that gets tested out we will stick to this recipe.

atr28g4photo.jpg

This is the first ATR43 G3's tuning result based on a forged CA18det with 270 / 11mm cams (Still hunting for a Cheap R33 testing car.)

car made:

299rwkws / 401.3HP Wheels @ 19psi

344rwkws / 461.5HP Wheels @ 25psi

Dynoed and tuned on 3rd gear.

atr28g4344rwkw.jpg

Simple question,

i want 270kw at the wheels (max) S2 R33 GTS-t. What turbo would do this, how much would it be, and would a high flow do this?

Cheers

Chris You need to slot the actuator bracket and pre-load it about 3mms and you should get about 9psi with no boost controller. You will get a different boost response once you done that. We do that to all the actuator attached RB turbos sent in for high flowing. also if you run a bleed valve with higher boost settings it would also affect alittle bit on response.

Feel like making a how too? How does this mod go with a stock turbo?

Yes but that was in stock R33's turbine housing. Now they are running in a .63 T3x rear housing, The spec of it is very similar to a GT3071. So it should make around 260rwkws at 18psi of boost on 98 fuel

Which turbo is that? how would it go on an RB20?

To get 270rwkws we can make it close to it with a R34's OP6 rear housing. The cost for doing that is $880 with oil line.

Or we can supply a .63 turbine housing using ATR43G2 CHRA with your stock comp housing for $1230 including braided oil feeding line and 14psi actuator. This is also suitable for all the RB20det engines.

Also youtube video for the 344rwkws CA18det dyno run today:

Ive just read through the post and im more confused.

I have a R34 Gt-t i want around 250rwkw (a little more if possible 270rwkw?) response is the main thing im after as the car will be used for street and club level sprints etc.

I want it to mount up to the stock everything for reliabilty etc and also for it to look stock, what would be best suited to my needs? And how much?

Thanks,

Ive just read through the post and im more confused.

I have a R34 Gt-t i want around 250rwkw (a little more if possible 270rwkw?) response is the main thing im after as the car will be used for street and club level sprints etc.

I want it to mount up to the stock everything for reliabilty etc and also for it to look stock, what would be best suited to my needs? And how much?

Thanks,

Did you need read the last and 3rd last post before yours, seems to be your answer.

Simple question,

i want 270kw at the wheels (max) S2 R33 GTS-t. What turbo would do this, how much would it be, and would a high flow do this?

Cheers

To get 270rwkws we can make it close to it with a R34's OP6 rear housing. The cost for doing that is $880 with oil line.
Edited by W0rp3D

thats impressive results and thats on a ca18 would be interesting on a rb 25 at 18psi make some serious power, and on the youtube it said its the g4 profile but youve posted here its the g3 which is correct?

hello Peoples, i finally got my R34 retuned with my 660CC injectors and retensioned the wastegate. it made ever so slightly more power. but for the sake of 10HP i would have left the stock injectors in there. we tried ramping up the boost more but made absolutely no difference. ie 14 psi made 290hp and 300 on 16. i would put money on it that you simply cant flow more through a r34 op6 housing. or there is a big bottle neck some were.

the car was tuned with a full 3' ex with no cat and only a cannon muffler. z32 AFM, power FC on a dyno dynamics dyno. all tunes and runs were done on the same dyno.

don't get me wrong i'm not unhappy with the setup, it drives great and sounds sweet. I just thought it would have gone a bit further with out needing to change the ex housing. which i may do once I'm bored with it, aslong as i don't build a Rb30 as a project.

CHRIS_S_R34__DYNO2.pdf

CHRIS_S_R34__DYNO3.pdf

regards

Chris

Hard to say. So far I've seen 256rwkws with OP6 Rear housing. and 235rwkws with R33's 2IU housing. We also have another way to high flow which can increase about 20HP more but trade away fair bit of response.

Also one more thing I would like to address its funny that not all Turbos that came off a R34 had a OP6 rear housing on it, wither its been changed or came out OEM I don't know. You might want to check and make sure there is a OP6 stamp.

This is a reading out of a OP6 housinged R34

atr28g3OP6hiflows.jpg

Any way, we also have .63 Bolton housing available at this stage. If interested to upgrade please let me know.

With .63 will be looking at 20psi at around 4300RPM. But it will be able to flow lot more power. But either way OP6 rear housing is good enough to flow upto 260rwkws with 98 fuel and a decent tune.

Hard to say. So far I've seen 256rwkws with OP6 Rear housing. and 235rwkws with R33's 2IU housing. We also have another way to high flow which can increase about 20HP more but trade away fair bit of response.

Also one more thing I would like to address its funny that not all Turbos that came off a R34 had a OP6 rear housing on it, wither its been changed or came out OEM I don't know. You might want to check and make sure there is a OP6 stamp.

This is a reading out of a OP6 housinged R34

atr28g3OP6hiflows.jpg

Any way, we also have .63 Bolton housing available at this stage. If interested to upgrade please let me know.

Hey Stao,

yeah when i pulled mine off it deffinitly had op6 stamped on it and it still does :D (i just checked out of curiosity). It could be also the difference between dyno dynamics and dyno pack. do you happen to have a dyno sheet for the above car? ie my car pulled 253Hp at the wheels on 14psi (stock) then pulled 290HP on 14psi with the highflow. therefore same pressure but 50hp worth of air. so if the other car started at 210kw and then went onto make 250kw it would all be about the same gains. if that makes sense?

Could you please PM me the price for the bigger housing.

ahhhhh too many variables lol, at the end of the day its still damn good fun tho. sorry about my waffling out loud.

Regards

Chris

Edited by urtwhistle

I really don't know why it didn't make power on yours. The CHRA that went into it all OP6 housings are idential. Also most of R33 2IU's people's high flow have made around 235rwkws mark. Status Hub dyno reads within 1 KWs to Mainland roller dynos. it can't be 50KWs off unless the dyno you went on actually read low.

also Are you using BP or Mobile 98 fuel? Was your rubber intake pipe sucked shut on boost? Or clutch slip?

The .63 rear housing that bolton to your stock manifold and dump cost $500 to make. I will need you to send the turbo back for its housing profile.