SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Are the stock BOV and breathers currently plumbed back into that bit from the factory intake pipe?

Any way, further updates with the SS-3 unit. This turbo is made for 350rwkws with optimum response. To make this work at its full capacity as possible I’ve replaced my factory exhaust manifold with an aftermarket item. The new manifold held the turbo at factory position, so stock dump and exhaust lined up fine.

chra.JPG

manifoldfront.JPG

manifoldrear.JPG

In car:

incar.JPG

With the new manifold it feels awesome at full open throttle, how ever it also feels like it have added lag down low. I will do a back to back comparison with the SS1PU after this run.

Fairly sure the AU onwards has proper double wishbone and IRS suspension so should drive a lot nicer than a EL, especially with some decent bushings/shocks/springs.

IRS was an "option" for most AU's.

But the handling is better than an EF series 2, so most likely nicer than the EL as well :)

Some interest turbo development Stao :)

I will

Be saving up for this ss-3 unit...!! Looks tempting to me!!..Whats the supporting mods for this set up A-Z list please if u could..im really keen..

You haven't even seen the results yet?

I bought that off a guy on ebay for $400. I think its a coated ebay manifold. I've fitted the SS1PU back on it seems to have lost abit of response on partial throttle, how ever does seems to delivery wider torque range on wide open throttle. I might do one comparison run using the SS1PU first, to see the behavior of the power and torque delivery due to this aftermarket exhaust manifold.

I bought that off a guy on ebay for $400. I think its a coated ebay manifold. I've fitted the SS1PU back on it seems to have lost abit of response on partial throttle, how ever does seems to delivery wider torque range on wide open throttle. I might do one comparison run using the SS1PU first, to see the behavior of the power and torque delivery due to this aftermarket exhaust manifold.

yeah that would be very interesting..

it looks the same design as the HPI, the ebay ones are alot different in pipe design..Unless there is a HPI copy I dont know of..

ED..ok found em in UK..cheap too..

Those manifolds seems to work fine. If it can get me a certain percentage of extra power and torque then I won't need to design a huge turbo reaching target goal.

Also every thing fitted and lined up fine.

I will make this SS3 externally gated through turbine housing.

ss3turbine.jpg

Tao would you be able to mod any housing of your turbos to be externally gated from the bottom the housing with a 38mm vband flange to it? I'll be interested to see how this housing performs. I wanted to get a old housing on one of my planned turbos a while back modded to have the wastegate on the housing but I kept thinking there may be some turbulence and flow interference in it so ditched it. I really would love to run a screamer pipe lol and have a my dump customised to suit either a plumb back external gate setup or an atmo external gate setup.

Tao how well do you rate those TFI pod filters? I really need to know if my apexi power intake is a restriction...

Yes can be done, how ever big external gates are more effective when working with big turbo in small turbine housings. The SS2 and SS1PU versions has welly matched wheel size and housings. It might not make much difference in that setup.

I got the TFI filter for $10 inside discounted tray at Autobarn. lol. Its a 4inch filter with 2 set of sleeves. Worked fine, didn't had any restrictions at all.