SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Update on the adaptronic ECUs:

The Retail price on the Plug in R33 ecu is $1500

We can offer $400 discount off the total price if this ecu was purchased with any of our turbochargers, rebuilding or high flow services.

Rough price guide based on the value:

Using Adaptronic plugin ecu with software and cable:

S15ECU_Mini.jpg

Plug in and play, no headaces. $1100 including discounted.

Using Nistune:

products-main.jpg

Donnor Z32 ECU $250, Nistune chip $286, installation $66, Z32 AFM $300, AFM plug $50, software $220. Total: $1172 (not including cable of $95)

Using PFC:

apexipowerfc.jpg

$1600, Z32 afm and plug $350. Total: $1950

We can also pass on this discount to any customers whom have bought our service or turbochargers in the past.

I have already purchased a turbo can I still get a discount of the ecu?

Oops just re read the bottom part :) Might be interested in this ecu then

Edited by Crans

The fact the ECU can be bolted inside the stock casing is a huge advantage.

STATUS what is your take on tuning them, how does the software compare to nistune, better? worse? Nothing much in it? What are your thoughts on MAP vs AFM with them, what would you choose?

Edited by Rolls

Using Nistune:

products-main.jpg

Donnor Z32 ECU $250, Nistune chip $286, installation $66, Z32 AFM $300, AFM plug $50, software $220. Total: $1172 (not including cable of $95)

You don't need to pay for the Nistune software and cable if your tuner has the proper licence.

Also I would have thought you could pick up a Z32 ECU for a lot less than that if you hunted around?

Using Nistune:

products-main.jpg

That's not very representative of the 'real world':

a) There's no requirement to purchase the nistune software unless you're doing your own tuning. (-$200, total: $972)

b) Depending on an owners power goals they may not need the Z32 AFM/plug (-$350, with no software, total: $625)

c) Alternatively, many people (whether right or wrong) pick up these second hand (-$175, with no software, total: $797)

iii) Many people pick up the donor Z32 ECUs much cheaper than $250, but we'll stick with that figure for now.

Either way, I'm not convinced your comparison is accurate. It's attempting to put the Adaptronic in a better light than perhaps it is.

The figures are based on what I've paid for mine allow my test car to arhcieve all those results you are seening today. I'm not bad mouth Nistune, I would run their ECUs in any of their directly supported vehicle models.

The comparison is based on the total "value" delivered in the package, You can obviously use other peoples component in the benifits of on your own car, How ever your self does not own that component unless you "buy" it.

Finally I only recommend this ECU for R33 GTSTs as I've personally trailed it, it is clearly superior, there for I recommend it and I will look after my customers to own those benefits at their least expenses possible.

It's fair to assume you're going to need a z32. Why would you bother buying a hypergear turbo if you have no interest in making more 210kw. You have my vote Tao. If I didn't already have a PFC and was looking for a computer I'd very much consider the adaptronic.

If I had an R33 and was set on the nistune I would do this.

rb20det ECU $100

MSD window switch for VCT $150

OR if you need an EBC get an eboost street as this has a window switch built in ~$350

thats a bargain on the adaptronic....couple that with new SS turbos, throw in some highflow injectors and a cooler and you have a responsive 250kw+ for around 3k in a stock looking car

damn Tao you make me want to change my whole setup again, why didnt you offer this last year :(

3k worth of parts and then a few mods such as custom intake, custom hot pipe, custom oil drain, and we opted for custom water lines. Then fitting and tuning. Adds up pretty quickly.

So far so good with the turbo. Recieved the injectors today. Will fit them, z32 afm,walbro and tune next week hopefully.

SS1xx installation guide with video footage is in page 90. You can use factory water lines, took our mechanic 12 mints to install, so its not that easy to get on but can be done.

If my turbo ever comes off again, no way in bloody hell am I putting it back on with the standard water lines lol. It works, and works fine - just the most fiddly annoying piece of shit job I've ever done. Took me somewhere around an hour to get the block-side banjo bolt to grab thread and screw back in....

Even on a stock turbo it takes me ~30 minutes to get the f**king water line banjo bolts on, just can't seem to ever get the first thread to bite, keeps wanting to pop off, get the feeling someone bent the line by accident when it was off.

Those water lines are the most time consuming and hardest part of the job imo. Maybe it would be easier to put them on the turbo first and then try and do them up to the block afterwards, thoughts?

Edited by Rolls

I dont know why you bother ..i just run a hose all the way around to the manifold. You can even have a joiner half way for easy removal later on..

Almost certainly what I will do next time, what kind of hose will withstand dump pipe temps?

I had mine off last week. The block side was a bit of a pain but I got it on in about 2 min. I just bent mine a little with a spanner on the inside of the water line hole to get it to line up good. The dump was off so I could reach around the back with one hand and screw the bolt with the other. I can see how it could take a long time and be frustrating as all hell tho. I was swearing after trying for a minute to get the block side in.

I punched my self in the face when I tightened up the block size banjo bolt only to realise the washer I used was too thin and the bolt was touching the inside of the turbo thus causing water to leak out. I had cuts and coolant f**king everywhere. I will be more than happy to change timing belts day in day out then have to install a f**king turbo again lol. Give me ramps and ill do your clutch too.

Also for those saying the adaptronic is awesome because you can stash it into the stock ECU box... You do realize that the power FC can be modded the same way into the stock housing? If you get EPA'd, you're f**ked anyway, regardless of what housing your ECU is in. They can sniff that shit coming out of your exhaust.

If you get EPA'd, you're f**ked anyway, regardless of what housing your ECU is in. They can sniff that shit coming out of your exhaust.

It is cheaper than a power FC, only slightly more so than nistune and some people seem to think it is better. I know here in Adelaide they don't emissions test your exhaust, I did an engine swap and they asked for an emissions test slip at idle which I got from another company but they don't test it again once there, if defected it is not a requirement.

Even with a different ECU and all sorts of mods you will almost always pass the idle test providing you have a cat and stock cams, they never make you do a full spectrum emissions test unless you have different injectors/turbo etc, even then it is up to you if you want to do it, they just won't let you register the car until it is done.