SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

It was a joke :) He is a good mate and knows me well enough to know that if we popped the motor from silly boost I wouldn't blame him. I don't think he would be like that with his normal customers :pirate:

If it is tuned safely and correctly what chances are there of you popping a stock 25 making 260-70kw anyway? Keep it rich and nice and cool, safe on timing so it doesn't ever det, surely the pistons aren't going to melt if you keep the AFRs down?

What are peoples thoughts on making this power on the street? I realise on the track where you are WOT for 75% of the time it could be an issue due to excessive temps, but on the street?

The G2 is only a small turbo. Also Its more of the factory exhaust manifold restricting flow so the power figure is well kept around / under 300rwkws mark. Probably not worth investing a turbo that pushes beyond that unless its going to on a high mount ext gated setup, and I'm pretty sure all the current ATR43G3s has no issues making 340rwkws+ on it.

I'm considering of going for a high mount manifold with ext gate once there are nothing left to improve using factory setup. How ever that will not reflect the power figure of those without the same setup.

I'm considering of going for a high mount manifold with ext gate once there are nothing left to improve using factory setup. How ever that will not reflect the power figure of those without the same setup.

Once you finish developement on your stock lowmount stuff you should definitely look into a turbo suitable to an off the shelf 6boost manifold and use a Tial MVR gate.

This is the staple setup for those T67 setups, if you want to get into non stock position that is the item to beat. You will need to work hard because the price is insane :nyaanyaa:

Its actually cheaper making the T67 alike setup as there is not need spending timing in making all those bolton adaptors as well as internal gate setup. Like we only charge $1000 for the internal gated ATR43G3 units.

The G2 is only a small turbo. Also Its more of the factory exhaust manifold restricting flow so the power figure is well kept around / under 300rwkws mark. Probably not worth investing a turbo that pushes beyond that unless its going to on a high mount ext gated setup, and I'm pretty sure all the current ATR43G3s has no issues making 340rwkws+ on it.

6boost do a low mount setup, i tuned one with a t67 and came up great... 340 @ 19psi

post-34927-0-10157600-1313743608_thumb.jpg

post-34927-0-68878800-1313743630_thumb.jpg

Its actually cheaper making the T67 alike setup as there is not need spending timing in making all those bolton adaptors as well as internal gate setup. Like we only charge $1000 for the internal gated ATR43G3 units.

I know man but if your going to optimise the G3 for a high mount you no longer need all that bolt on crap. Either a simple generic 5 bolt rear or a v band external gate, should bring production cost down.

Fitting the pu 1.5 in the morning. Just going to be road tuned till the injectors arrive. Let ya'll know how it goes :D

Looking forward to it and really curious to see you opinion on this turbo in terms of driveability and power compared to other turbos you've tested :)

Thats one busy looking exhaust side, how do they compair flow wise to the high mount?

identical, high mount is only to package things easy, turbo placement has no bearing on results.

By the way this turbo on the test car is for sale with a discount. PM me if you are interested.

This is a hill climb competition footage sent in from one of our customer's S14 using ATR28G3 (268rwkws from memory) in Switzerland. enjoy

:nyaanyaa: No its not a S14 SR20det. Still a G3 turbo, but on another mighty CA18det 180sx with 310rwkws. He's on NS now.

numrisation0001xn.jpg

Ok pu 1.5 has been installed. Not going to go into detail about the install just yet but a few things had to be modified.

Havent touched the tune yet as customer had to head to sydney. Went for a quick road test not exceeding half throttle and so far very impressed with the near stock response.

This turbo has a very unique and nice sounding spool up.

Will be doing a quic road tune today just to set AFR's then hopefully get on dyno next saturday or possibly during the week.

Im excited for the results

Little update:

This is a from a scrapped blown Ford XR6 turbo that we've rebuilt from scratch with a ATR45 core. Its fitted back on to a Auto XR6 (edit: NA+T) 4L with 3500 convert. Car made 295.5rwkws on 11psi with Caltex E65.

xr6turbo.jpg

Looking back from where we first started, my dynosheet pile is about the same height as a Nissan skyline engine manual :w00t: and it will keep on getting thicker.

2.JPG

1.JPG

Any way, ATR43G3 is back on the drawing board for the 4th time, I'm hopping of gain better response while not losing the consistency, top end power or peek torque.