SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I'm not even going to bother responding because this kid clearly doesn't listen, I'm sure Stao doesn't want his thread cluttered up with anymore of this bullshit either.

All I said was that if there is an underlying issue with the Z32 ECU here (which appears to be the case) then my expectation is that it's Nistunes responsilbility to resolve it.... which they appear to be doing. Clearly I am not happy with this situation and other people telling me to just buy another ECU is not the answer I'm looking for here.

Is there something you are missing?

8bit are supported... 16bit are not... Its advertised as such and Nistune even offer a service to identify the ECU for you.

If you have an 8bit, then I dont see what the problem is? If you have a 16bit then I dont see how your lack of care when purchasing the product is a liability of the vendor. You have not read what was available from the vendor and the vendor has no responsibility to coming up with a solution to it.

Simple as that really.

Is there something you are missing?

8bit are supported... 16bit are not... Its advertised as such and Nistune even offer a service to identify the ECU for you.

If you have an 8bit, then I dont see what the problem is? If you have a 16bit then I dont see how your lack of care when purchasing the product is a liability of the vendor. You have not read what was available from the vendor and the vendor has no responsibility to coming up with a solution to it.

Simple as that really.

I have the same problem with another company. I purchased a Blu-ray and have now been told my stupid DVD player wont play it... I can't believe the company has screwed me out of all this money for a DVD player when it won't play Blu-rays

Edited by SimonR32

Actually Stao it was precisely because of Trent talking up this Nistune Z32 ECU solution for the R33 that I purchased one in the first place! (through him)

I will wait to see what Darkhalf comes back with...

Contrary to what Trent says this is a 100% a Nistune problem - except of course when you are using an unapproved 16bit ECU!

Nistune sell this solution for the R33 so they are obliged to sort these issues out and get it working.

My Z32 ECU is on the Nistune approved list and was modded by them in SA - I damn well expect them to get it working! :mad:

P.S. I just spent a bazillion dollars on turbo, injectors, clutch etc and didn't leave myself budget to buy a $1000 ECU

@Rolls - Thanks for the advice mate but I got this Z32 ECU because Trent and everyone else were adamant that it is a better solution than the R32 ECU.

im sorry but its NOTHING TO DO WITH NISTUNE... FFS. It is neither my fault or NISTUNE'S that you decided to take the cheapest route, buy a PFC or any other myriad of R33 designated products and you will be sweet....

You have an ecu designed for another car with only 3/4 of the correct inputs going into the ecu the others are being turned off in the Nistune software ..... if it wasnt for the nistune it would not work AT ALL it just happens that in some cases it works real well and other's are a pain.

If it was an issue with an R34 nistune in a R34 vehicle or similar then yes it would be their fault but in this case all onus is on the converter or the owner as it is a custom install....

PS dont put works in my mouth i fkn hate it... i am never adamant about anything other than doing things properly... i may have suggest it as an option but never adamant.

Regardless of your reservations i hope your car ends up being fine and whoever tunes it finds it to be one of the good ones.

im sorry but its NOTHING TO DO WITH NISTUNE... FFS. It is neither my fault or NISTUNE'S that you decided to take the cheapest route, buy a PFC or any other myriad of R33 designated products and you will be sweet....

You have an ecu designed for another car with only 3/4 of the correct inputs going into the ecu the others are being turned off in the Nistune software ..... if it wasnt for the nistune it would not work AT ALL it just happens that in some cases it works real well and other's are a pain.

If it was an issue with an R34 nistune in a R34 vehicle or similar then yes it would be their fault but in this case all onus is on the converter or the owner as it is a custom install....

PS dont put works in my mouth i fkn hate it... i am never adamant about anything other than doing things properly... i may have suggest it as an option but never adamant.

Regardless of your reservations i hope your car ends up being fine and whoever tunes it finds it to be one of the good ones.

:yes::worship:

Mate, I for one can vouch for you. I remember asking you the question once before re Z32 Nistune or patchwire R34 Nistune to a 33.

Its publicly available on this forum, I remember you confirmed the R34 was the better option and to proceed with caution against the Z32.

No doubt you have done the same here, normally people will give their desired answer when asking a question so I cannot blame you for saying 'you can' and its just fools who hear 'you should'.

Back on topic, lets see some SS-1 PU updates!

Sorry guys I seem to have pissed people off royally here which was not my intention at all.

I don't think I put words in anyones mouth and clearly I have my wires crossed somewhere along the line... :blush:

Appologies Trent I meant no disrespect

Stao please have your thread back

In other news...

I'm anxiously awaiting my SS1-PU-Prototype and other bits to arrive from Stao.

Chasing 280rwkw hi boost.

Might even choose e85 for fuel and kick it up to 300+rwkw. Maybe. WTB more availability?

In other news...

Might even choose e85 for fuel and kick it up to 300+rwkw. Maybe. WTB more availability?

Well the the SS1.5PU just rolled off the dyno... fun times :) will let stao post his results.

In other news...

Sorry I've decided to build you a brand new turbine housing using bigger wastegate assembly and gate controller. You should have the pack tomorrow or Monday.

Also I've purchased adaptronic plug in and piggy pack ecus for testing, I will give a discount on the ECU for all of our customers whom is or have purchased our turbocharger or high flow services, if they works well on my test cars. So R33 GTST owners now can have a good and reliable ECU option for under $1000.

Any way this is the ATR43SS-1.5 model. I didn't install a wastegate controller on the testing unit so I ended up with a boost drop, that also lead to drop in power and torque. The controller will be integrated for one more run.

9 sec ramp

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Here's the fun part. This turbo is made to have similar top end as the original SS-1 but with more torque. The SS-1's torque feels quite smooth and linear, while this one gives this explosion of torque as soon as the paddle is stepped in. It sky rockets 510Mn of torque by 3900RPMs, put that on road it skits in 3rd gear acceleration. Seriously need to control the car with my right foot, but this is very fun to drive.

Above behavior is also found in the SS1PU, except the PU version is 2x times magnified (that turbo is crazy to drive on road).

too much chat about ecu's

any news on highflow developments?

what would you suggest so that i could run the max that stock afm and injectors could handle on an rb25neo?

They are coming along fine. I'm still making up the final decisions of the wheel parameters. I want to machine a tinny 60mm comp wheel that can blow out the equivalent of a 71mm cast wheel. That would be crazy to drive with the SS-1's turbine combination. Should get very noticeable difference even on factory setup.

Unmarked sketches of the new wheel design.

wheel.JPG

The SS1.5 and SS1PU is now commercially available. We will need 1 extra working days to machine any of the billet wheeled turbos. Price of the SS2 and SS1PU listed is based on a building of a single unit from a block of steel, Their prices fluctuates depending on the No. of orders we get, so PM for their prices if interested as you might be able to get a 10~15% discount.

Sorry I've decided to build you a brand new turbine housing using bigger wastegate assembly and gate controller. You should have the pack tomorrow or Monday.

<3

Can't wait. I'll be sure to post my dyno results!

too much chat about ecu's

any news on highflow developments?

what would you suggest so that i could run the max that stock afm and injectors could handle on an rb25neo?

Read through the last few pages, Tao has just finished a turbo exactly for this purpose! The other option is the SS1, a tad larger so you would only need ~15psi and it will be nicer on temps. But the other 2530 comparitive turbo will have better response but the boost drops off quite a bit. It depends on your preference.

Have some very positive E85 results with the SS1!! Very happy, super responsive and 279rwkw up top!!

Cant wait to see some SS2 + E85 results too.

Thanks Trent from Status Tuning and Tao from Hypergear turbos!

post-29432-0-89432700-1313121673_thumb.jpg

post-29432-0-22798900-1313121681_thumb.jpg