SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I always get data corruption issues on the test car, and with the new illustration car it does all sort of random strange things and knock map is not responding to the tune. The test car goes onto the dyno every week so the data in it gets changed quite so often, I'm not sure if that causes the issue. I believe the boards or what ever the ecu its originally made for is ok. The Z32 ECU and nistune chip on R33GTST just didn't work probably on my cars. Which it's also the reason trent stopped doing those.

So are you saying that Trent won't tune my car now that I have Nistune & an r33 on a z32 ecu?

Nooooooo.....

Darren

He did say he will never do another one. Do makes sense after all those stuffing around and no results. Talk to him nicely and see what he says. :rolleyes:

Sorry, whats this prototyoe pu highflow?? The 230kw one, or?

The 230kw one is referred to as the ATR43G1.

The other one is the SS1 PU prototype, which has also been referred to as the SS1.5. I prefer the SS1.5 as its easier to say and type :)

Correct me if I am wrong Tao

I always get data corruption issues on the test car

How do you know for sure its data corruption? Did you read back the maps and they were all spiky or did the ECU stop running? These are the indicators that something is corrupt, otherwise there is a different issue. I have to have a chat to Trent about this one

data in it gets changed quite so often, I'm not sure if that causes the issue.

Shouldnt cause the issue. If unsure read back the maps which were originally in it and compare what was saved on your laptop after burning the tune

The Z32 ECU and nistune chip on R33GTST just didn't work probably on my cars. Which it's also the reason trent stopped doing those.

The main problem with using a Z32 ECU on an RB25DET is the knock sensors. Z32 ECUs use the doughnut SR20 style knock sensors and RB25DET use the hose type knock sensors. I suspect there is more sensitivity and your ECU is jumping to knock maps

We normally recommend disabling knock feedback during tuning for this reason. Also Nistune software will now indicate which maps it is running from at any time. Boards dont lose their tune once a burn is performed as its stored to EEPROM.

Just a follow up. Found out that Pete did the install and was supplied with a 16 bit Z32 ECU

We officially only support (and have tested base maps) for the 8 bit models for RB25. Part numbers listed in our documents for 8 bit models should assist with finding correct units

We have not used 16 bit models so haven't got experience with these but from what Trent indicated there are issues with these ones as well as a glitch found with VE map RPM tracing (fixed in 0.10.9 software release)

spiky or did the ECU stop running.

^^^^^

Yes

Well I'm not a computer gig, I've emailed you all the issues I've experienced as a user, I guess trent will be happy to go into details when he's free.

I'm in the process of getting a LinkG4 will post up some feedbacks once they are installed and tuned.

Interesting. Best thing to do then is read back the tune before pressing the 'burn' button. I'm in the process of putting checksumming over the ECU code to prevent 'burning' with bad checksums. However is taking some time to implement since the ECU doesnt like being paused for too long (ie calculating the checksum takes time)

Well, looking forward to see you guys making some thing work Properly with R33 GTSTs in the near future.

Update:

This is for a set of GTR turbos that we've asked to match port their housings and manifolds then do a high flow. We will be using ATR43G1 profiles in those with FNT turbine modifications, They are expected to make some where close to 350awkws at full capacity as a twin on 98 fuel.

Photos in comparison:

Those are photo of stock GTR manifolds:

gtrextmanifolds.jpg

Photo of the pair that we've ported:

manifolds.JPG

Photo of factory turbine housings:

stockturbinehousing2.jpg

Turbine housings we've match ported:

turbinehousing1.JPG

Profiled turbine housing to suit larger turbine wheel:

turbinehousing2.JPG

Machined and enlarged wastegate port:

wastegate.JPG

Hello there,

I use Nistune with the Z32 ECU and it as never failed me.

The 16-Bit-Z32-ECU is not recommended by Nistune (that's why I bought the 8-Bit back then)

(Though I know people using the 16-Bit-Version, and there were never any problems with data corruption)

Also I change my settings (tune) quite frequently, and this has never been an issue either.

The only problem I ever experienced was due to a bad Consult-To-USB-Cable which caused connection issues and rom-images

not being read correctly. I then ordered a Nistune-Cable, and it works very well.

Maybe your ECU is 'damaged', (lose socket, cold solder, or ...)

?

Well, looking forward to see you guys making some thing work Properly with R33 GTSTs in the near future.

Edited by Torques

They didn't work properly on my cars, the ECUs on them are fine. I don't want to discuss those issues publically, and I believe Nistune is working towards solving those glitches in their systems.

They didn't work properly on my cars, the ECUs on them are fine. I don't want to discuss those issues publically, and I believe Nistune is working towards solving those glitches in their systems.

But don't you have the 16 bit version, not the 8 bit one?

Hello there,

I use Nistune with the Z32 ECU and it as never failed me.

The 16-Bit-Z32-ECU is not recommended by Nistune (that's why I bought the 8-Bit back then)

(Though I know people using the 16-Bit-Version, and there were never any problems with data corruption)

Also I change my settings (tune) quite frequently, and this has never been an issue either.

The only problem I ever experienced was due to a bad Consult-To-USB-Cable which caused connection issues and rom-images

not being read correctly. I then ordered a Nistune-Cable, and it works very well.

Maybe your ECU is 'damaged', (lose socket, cold solder, or ...)

?

Lets get this straight it is not a nistune issue as much as an incompatibility between some Z32 ecu's and the R33 car itself, we have done about 20 or so (upto 400rwkw) and of those 20 about 6 give major headaches (r32 nistuned ecu worked so its not the cars), since i cannot differentiate the exact problems between ecu serials and r33 model series1, 2 or 2.5 i have stopped doing them, Stao's latest issues were the 16bit ecu.

Nistune is a great system and is generally our Number 1 recommendation for S13, S15 and R32 / R34's.... just not R33 with ecu conversions :P