SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Nothing wrong with the GTR, it belongs to a member on this forum.

32 GTR had hks hard pipe kit, 100mil jap cooler, dump back HKS system, fuel pump, mines ecu, and from memory 268atw.

My E4 had an axle back exhaust and pushed 188atw with a failing fuel pump. As stated in this state it was 0-100 in under 5s and 0-200 in 13s. The evo would match the GTR at 70kph in 1st gear, then top out 2nd just over 90 when the GTR would catch it as the GTR would hang onto 2nd until close to 120. By that time I was running out of torque in high end 3rd gear and the GTR would walk away from 140+.

GTR stock weight is like 1550? My E4 hit the weighbridge at 1300.

Evo 9s are 1450, having driven one with an Evo green at a failing 240kw, I can say it is significantly faster than the said GTR even in its current spec of over 300atw using HKS 2510s. Owner has driven the E9 and confirmed the same. That E9 also had no spool problems and would easily overpower what I had prior (all with the capability of 300atw on E85 from the green turbo - td06sl2 20g).

To me that is a lot different to the way I read your first statement. This makes a lot more sense.

So you are saying the Evo4 was EVEN with the GTR in 1st gear, then the Evo4 got ahead for a short time when the GTR caught back up and passed it from then on.

Even a small difference in weight can make a big difference in acceleration there is no denying that. I used to have a turbocharged commodore weighing in at only 1300kg and even with a moderate power figure of 225rwkw it was even with many 300rwkw cammed LS1's that would have weighed an extra 200kgs or more.

Nothing wrong with the GTR, it belongs to a member on this forum.

32 GTR had hks hard pipe kit, 100mil jap cooler, dump back HKS system, fuel pump, mines ecu, and from memory 268atw.

My E4 had an axle back exhaust and pushed 188atw with a failing fuel pump. As stated in this state it was 0-100 in under 5s and 0-200 in 13s. The evo would match the GTR at 70kph in 1st gear, then top out 2nd just over 90 when the GTR would catch it as the GTR would hang onto 2nd until close to 120. By that time I was running out of torque in high end 3rd gear and the GTR would walk away from 140+.

GTR stock weight is like 1550? My E4 hit the weighbridge at 1300.

Evo 9s are 1450, having driven one with an Evo green at a failing 240kw, I can say it is significantly faster than the said GTR even in its current spec of over 300atw using HKS 2510s. Owner has driven the E9 and confirmed the same. That E9 also had no spool problems and would easily overpower what I had prior (all with the capability of 300atw on E85 from the green turbo - td06sl2 20g).

Evo X does 0-200km/hr in 23sec, a Evo VI does it in 21sec, but a Evo IV with a cat back can do it in 13sec?!?

LOL

EVOS are not that light either, I know that the Evo 7 and up are more than 1400kg, which is equal to or more than a R33/34 GTS-t or GT-T

My searching says Evo 7 curb weight is 1,320–1,400 kg.

The difference in 0-100 between an Evo and a GTST or GTT would be traction on launch.

The above example is a GTR versus an Evo, there is a decent weight difference between those.

Evo X does 0-200km/hr in 23sec, a Evo VI does it in 21sec, but a Evo IV with a cat back can do it in 13sec?!?

LOL

Everything didn't line up. If his car did that 200 speed, the gtr he spoke of is clearly faster if it walks away after 140km/h. If that is the case that gtr has a 0 to 200 almost as fast as veyron... But yeah back on topic.

Tao has there been any progress on the electric spoiling system? I've been thinking about it and this thing is going to affect the air flow meter setup. Maybe you will need two afm's. Or run a map sensor or create a ugly pipe with a u pipe coming out which holds the fan system in place.

Any one's got a dyno sheet of a evo including torque curve? If there's a turbo that has similar or better downlow torque then a evo then there might be a chance of beating it.

Any way, ATR43G1 is in the test car now. Super responsive. Should give it a new name: DDT. Standing for Dose dynamic turbochargers (that came from Trent :laugh: ). instant boost, makes lots of sucking, splatering and dosing sound, kept the BOV very busy. expecting 230rwkws with stock or better response. will post result soon.

atr43g1front.JPG

Any one's got a dyno sheet of a evo including torque curve? If there's a turbo that has similar or better downlow torque then a evo then there might be a chance of beating it.

Any way, ATR43G1 is in the test car now. Super responsive. Should give it a new name: DDT. Standing for Dose dynamic turbochargers (that came from Trent :laugh: ). instant boost, makes lots of sucking, splatering and dosing sound, kept the BOV very busy. expecting 230rwkws with stock or better response. will post result soon.

video footage or it didn't happen!!!

video footage or is didn't happen!!!

I have a gcg turbo that basically does this, highflowed BB rb20 turbo, it is very believable. 230kw isn't a huge torque increase over the stock turbo, they will make 200rwkw if you really lean on them.

Evo's Australia forums now.

EAU

Evo's are lighter. If we are gonna talk shit on skylines we should be saying silvia's are faster.... Which they are :rofl:

covering my ears now, lalalalalallaalal dont hear anything, mm skyline lalalalla

• Haha 1

I have a gcg turbo that basically does this, highflowed BB rb20 turbo, it is very believable. 230kw isn't a huge torque increase over the stock turbo, they will make 200rwkw if you really lean on them.

lol, wasn't saying it isn't believable. Just wanta hear it.