SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I think i own the wrong car man, definitely need a scarily fast evo7 like gts scot's evo4.; i like everything about the R34 over any evo but i like the killer performance of evos over any skyline- GT-R or not... aaargh if only the skylines could match evo-like takeoff, cornering and braking, i wudnt look at another evo.. We all want what is across the fence dont we??

Sure the evo is quick off the line but my old skyline was quicker than a modded evo running about 24 - 26psi(about 230awkw). Take off he had me, but rolling I could pull away in third gear.

Ive experienced a very responsive turbo. My old car had a 2835 or a 3071, can't remember, fitted into the core. Stamped with the garret tag. Made about 225rwkw on 12psi on about 2800rpm. It would be my current car off the line but as soon as both cars dropped second, this SS2 will get infront.

Lets see how we go about getting this retune done!

I think i own the wrong car man, definitely need a scarily fast evo7 like gts scot's evo4.; i like everything about the R34 over any evo but i like the killer performance of evos over any skyline- GT-R or not... aaargh if only the skylines could match evo-like takeoff, cornering and braking, i wudnt look at another evo.. We all want what is across the fence dont we??

Your local, maybe we should hang out and I'll tell you more about my experiences with all platforms (have experienced them all).

Will help your fence sitters syndrome :P

I wont get into a pissing contest about evos either, as I no longer own one. However a 270kw R32 GTR would only pull on me in 3rd when my E4 was stock. Thems the breaks.

Your local, maybe we should hang out and I'll tell you more about my experiences with all platforms (have experienced them all).

Will help your fence sitters syndrome :P

I wont get into a pissing contest about evos either, as I no longer own one. However a 270kw R32 GTR would only pull on me in 3rd when my E4 was stock. Thems the breaks.

I call bullshit, 270rwkw R32 GTR looses to a stock 140rwkw Evo4?? What the hell was wrong with the gtr?????

Oh no, don't go there. Just agree to disagree.

Both launching hard? Was the GTR getting wheelspin? Dont want to start a big discussion but just a quick bit of info on why this is the case. Is it the close gearing of the evo?

Too much evo love on this forum for my liking haha

True man, I dont like the EVOs having superior performance in areas like take-off, cornering, braking, 0-100 or 0-120km/h to our beloved Skylines, all these areas that matter on the street...thats why I have an EVO on my list as my next ride.

Who cares about EVO's and "beating them".

Just learn to love the relative lack of grip of a GTS-t/GT-t, they give you so much more enjoyment at lower speeds.

We still need an EVO-curious thread somewhere in wasteland.

Both launching hard? Was the GTR getting wheelspin? Dont want to start a big discussion but just a quick bit of info on why this is the case. Is it the close gearing of the evo?

I actually have disagreed with a few of GTScoTs views on the world with all his experience, I too have an interest and experience in all kinds of cars and have been involved with, owned, or directly experienced all sorts of things and a certain amount of it contradicts his view points on things - while I occasionally like to have fun with debates when it comes down to it I keep quite an open and unbias view on the world. I see where he is coming from with some things like that, and agree with much of what he says - but I think to some degree he's exagerrated the truth.

This is one of those cases, imho.

I actually have disagreed with a few of GTScoTs views on the world with all his experience, I too have an interest and experience in all kinds of cars and have been involved with, owned, or directly experienced all sorts of things and a certain amount of it contradicts his view points on things - while I occasionally like to have fun with debates when it comes down to it I keep quite an open and unbias view on the world. I see where he is coming from with some things like that, and agree with much of what he says - but I think to some degree he's exagerrated the truth.

This is one of those cases, imho.

Oh I understand now! You were disagreeing with GTScott, gotcha. I thought you were disagreeing with me.

I call bullshit, 270rwkw R32 GTR looses to a stock 140rwkw Evo4?? What the hell was wrong with the gtr?????

Too much evo love on this forum for my liking haha

Nothing wrong with the GTR, it belongs to a member on this forum.

32 GTR had hks hard pipe kit, 100mil jap cooler, dump back HKS system, fuel pump, mines ecu, and from memory 268atw.

My E4 had an axle back exhaust and pushed 188atw with a failing fuel pump. As stated in this state it was 0-100 in under 5s and 0-200 in 13s. The evo would match the GTR at 70kph in 1st gear, then top out 2nd just over 90 when the GTR would catch it as the GTR would hang onto 2nd until close to 120. By that time I was running out of torque in high end 3rd gear and the GTR would walk away from 140+.

GTR stock weight is like 1550? My E4 hit the weighbridge at 1300.

Evo 9s are 1450, having driven one with an Evo green at a failing 240kw, I can say it is significantly faster than the said GTR even in its current spec of over 300atw using HKS 2510s. Owner has driven the E9 and confirmed the same. That E9 also had no spool problems and would easily overpower what I had prior (all with the capability of 300atw on E85 from the green turbo - td06sl2 20g).