SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Would it possible to plot the hypergear turbos all on the one graph?

I.e. standard v highflow v ss-1 v ss-2 v the one his working on atm?

Would give us potential customers an easier time to compare them :D

Would it possible to plot the hypergear turbos all on the one graph?

I.e. standard v highflow v ss-1 v ss-2 v the one his working on atm?

Would give us potential customers an easier time to compare them :D

Would be great, even better make an interactive excel document with all of them overlayed so you can select which ones you want and compare. Would just need all the data and wouldn't be too hard to do, would certainly make deciding which turbo much easier, currently there are too many and deciding is very difficult, mainly as it is hard to compare what is the best, eg peak power, response, power band width etc.

Edited by Rolls

I've done a Radar graph (or what ever its called) to show the trade offs between power, torque, response and drivability. I believe this is more meaningful.

Overlaid results are from:

Standard turbo (some parts are estimated ie. Boost VS RPM on 20psi)

ATR43G3 None FNT (I had a blocked cat on that run so it’s bit under powered)

ATR43SS-1

ATR43SS-1 prototype.

ATR43SS-2

Which demonstrates areas had to be sacrificed to gain in other areas. The goal would be minimum sacrifice for maximum gain.

We can see some combinations are more extreme in certain areas then others. So depending on the most importance to driver’s preferences.

Its also interesting to see the SS-2 is more of a perfectly balanced turbo in every way.

powergraphstdss1g3pro.JPG

Note. Testing platform, Dyno brand, software and ramp speed must be identical or it won't make any sense. Any one knows how to do this in excel?

This graph is very very helpful, is it distorted Stao? Or is it drawn proportionately, ie equal graphical increments eg. 20kw, 40kw, 60kw or 30Nm, 60Nm, 90Nm etc.. The SS prototype is losing torque to the SS1 and making the same power as SS1? Just more responsive and driveable. I thought it should make more than SS1 but less than SS2. That would be the perfect turbo for me. :cheers: How much rwkw is the SS1 prototype and SS1 likely to make on a R34GTT with usual supporting mods?

This graph is very very helpful, is it distorted Stao? Or is it drawn proportionately, ie equal graphical increments eg. 20kw, 40kw, 60kw or 30Nm, 60Nm, 90Nm etc.. The SS prototype is losing torque to the SS1 and making the same power as SS1? Just more responsive and driveable. I thought it should make more than SS1 but less than SS2. That would be the perfect turbo for me. :cheers: How much rwkw is the SS1 prototype and SS1 likely to make on a R34GTT with usual supporting mods?

Its actually drawn very accurately measured by dots in percentage of the actual reading from graphs earlier, you can work it backwards to get the actual reading from the dynosheet. This prototype is losing torque for better response and drivability, that still needs more work done at this stage, the final version should handle around 280rwkws mark. SS1 should be good for about 250rwkws comfortably on the R34 with supporting mods.

If the final version of the SS1 prototype makes at least 280rwkws with better than factory response and driveability as you say, then it will be KING, no doubts about that.. Go on Stao, put your magic to work, that turbo should sell..

Its actually drawn very accurately measured by dots in percentage of the actual reading from graphs earlier, you can work it backwards to get the actual reading from the dynosheet. This prototype is losing torque for better response and drivability, that still needs more work done at this stage, the final version should handle around 280rwkws mark. SS1 should be good for about 250rwkws comfortably on the R34 with supporting mods.

280rwkw seems a touch high with the SS1 Prototype. You are already running 22-23psi above 4500rpm.

The fact that the boost increases as rpm rises would be the reason why the torque does as well.

At least my atr43g3 isn't too outdated! For now...

Haven't even taken it for a drive/tune to see it at its full potential!

Is it on the RB30DET in your ride section? If so, keen to see the response and power it made!

All you need is that red one to create as much torque and power as the SS2 and you will have a golden RB turbo.... but its near impossible to gain such power and maintain response. All turbos are great. The SS2 feels great to drive, for anyone considering it, don't let the graph frighten you. Sure its not the most instant thing off the lights but it is pretty awesome the way it is.

I need moar booooost.

Just wondering if a very responsive 250rwkw rear wheel drive skyline will be able to match a 220awkw evo off the lights..?? And further down the road...:glare:

Just wondering if a very responsive 250rwkw rear wheel drive skyline will be able to match a 220awkw evo off the lights..?? And further down the road...:glare:

Unfortuntely not....

Have owned and driven both, I can say its not happening haha.

My Evo 4 when stock was 0-100 in under 5s and 0-200 in 13s. It had 188awkw.

When at 230ish it was scarily fast... I think one of the fastest cars I've driven in an all round sort of way.