SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Yeah the 2 WYTSKY dynos are very different. Noticed in the first one once it hits 6,200rpm power dives over quite heavily, down to almost 200rwkw by 7000rpm redline.

The high comp engine will obviously help with response.

The fact that the tuner said that the result was similar to other results makes me think the 2nd dyno is closer to accurate then the 1st one.

The First one looks like it’s under heaps more ramp load then the 2nd one. That 100KWs drop appears heat caused as engine has more drag, I'm pretty sure that run was done making sure the engine does not pin under heavy load. But compare his 2nd run with Stao's ATR43G3 on std engine, it appears the G3 had same response while making more power every where through out the whole rev rang. Assume his new turbo has the same response as the SS1, then that would makes it almost 1000rpms more responsive then the G3 making it superb. Looking forward to see some results.

Unfortunately I don't have any answers to what you guys are saying.

I know my tuner does not fudge figures and change ramp rates to make the dyno look more powerful to me happy.

What I can say is that I know it hits full boost and 3k on the road as I can hear the external gate open up and watch the rpms.

This was mearly to show that I believe it is possible and I hope Stao does it achieve it - heck if he gets the same response as I am getting now but with extra top end i'd consider it.

George, the only thing I will say in regards to Stao's dyno compared to mine is that he is running abit more boost... my tuner believes mine with an extra 2psi (currently at 18.x psi) should hit 300

Adam

Unfortunately I don't have any answers to what you guys are saying.

I know my tuner does not fudge figures and change ramp rates to make the dyno look more powerful to me happy.

What I can say is that I know it hits full boost and 3k on the road as I can hear the external gate open up and watch the rpms.

This was mearly to show that I believe it is possible and I hope Stao does it achieve it - heck if he gets the same response as I am getting now but with extra top end i'd consider it.

George, the only thing I will say in regards to Stao's dyno compared to mine is that he is running abit more boost... my tuner believes mine with an extra 2psi (currently at 18.x psi) should hit 300

Adam

Gate's open and vent before you hit full boost, so that isn't a very good indication. Get a boost gauge and look at that vs a digital rpm signal :)

oh i have a boost gauge and rpms on my pillar 1 above the other plus my ebc also says current boost psi, and I also know the difference in sound from when the diaphragm is just opening to full boost. I am happy to prove it and take someone for a spin if they dont believe me :P

Adam the dynosheet from your car is based on a high comp + cam gear, it still produced better response to any one else whom used it when my old (retaired) TR43 was on it. So I believe by using the ATR43G3 from my dynorun on your high comp setup will result same or better.

How ever no one with a standard RB25det using factory cam gear internally gated can archive it. If I can get the prototype making 280rwkws while boosting 24psi by 3300rpms on a det then that turbo will be making 24psi on at 2800rpms or earlier on a NA + cam gears.

So why don’t we all "upgrade" to NA+T motors. The down side is high comp engines pins with equivalent timing and boost to turbo engines. Likely result variances in top end power, torque, consistency as well as reliability. There will always be gains from areas that other one loses.

Does anyone on here own a white R32 GTST with RB25 conversion, its sitting at Hyperdrive Malaga, Perth? Was curious to know what type of Hypergear turbo you were running is all. Or could you please PM me if you get a chance.:thumbsup:

And let me know how it goes because Andy was very skeptical of my turbo and still thinks it is the turbo holding me back :(

Edited by Hanaldo

So why don’t we all "upgrade" to NA+T motors. The down side is high comp engines pins with equivalent timing and boost to turbo engines. Likely result variances in top end power, torque, consistency as well as reliability. There will always be gains from areas that other one loses.

I cant say I agree here.. I think there is a lot to be learnt in tuning and I have personally seen amazing results from NA+T conversions.

My favorite was an SR20DE+T in an S13, boosting an OEM S14 T28 at 11psi the car pushed over 180rwkw with balistic torque readings. At the time I and most of my friends ran varieties of SR powered cars and none were capable of matching this one (me and my mate were the only ones with the balls to try at that time).

I must say though it was a very hard tune. 7 years on I am about to swap to a 300kw setup on the same motor, we shall see how the 200+k SR likes that!

And let me know how it goes because Andy was very skeptical of my turbo and still thinks it is the turbo holding me back :(

I think weve all seen the arse end of that theory by now. Stao needs to change his name to STOUT to reflect his product.

HOO HAA!

I think weve all seen the arse end of that theory by now. Stao needs to change his name to STOUT to reflect his product.

HOO HAA!

Yeh but for people not on the forum, hypergear is still an unheard of brand. I've shown him the dyno graphs from here but he doesn't trust any results from over east lol. Skeptical bugger :P

I've made 267rwkws out of that turbo pulled it out, mailed it to you then that guy's struggling to make any thing over 200rwkws, and he turned skeptical about the turbo, and any one else whom made more using the same turbo. lol

I've made 267rwkws out of that turbo pulled it out, mailed it to you then that guy's struggling to make any thing over 200rwkws, and he turned skeptical about the turbo, and any one else whom made 200rwkws+ using the same turbo. lol

Yep.

Yes Got some interesting result today. It archeived some of the design goals but all of them.

It did make 20psi by 2900RPMs and maxing out 264rwkws on a 9 sec Ramp which is super responsive. (Note: Thats not a high comp engine running cam gears.)

The torque also came in very early and held ok through out the rev rang, which made the car felt very and good at taking off.

So I'm still 16KWs short from my goal of 280rwkws and its lost some mid range from 4000 to 5000RPMs compare to the SS-1 which is likely from heat.

I think the rear housing is abit small for the new CHRA, I will be up sizing the turbine housing hopping to gain some more mid and top range. So more evaluation and testing to come.

Dyno run is based on 9 Sec ramp

atr43ss1billet.jpg

atr43ss1billetboost.jpg

It makes boost early but it is making good but not outstanding power down there so I think Stao has more work to do on this one.

A little bit better breathing from a bigger turbine housing might be the answer.

I'm with Jez, a good first up result.

Yeh but for people not on the forum, hypergear is still an unheard of brand. I've shown him the dyno graphs from here but he doesn't trust any results from over east lol. Skeptical bugger :P

Just to note, my car with the Hypergear turbo was put on Andy's dyno when it was running BP98 and 350hp on Allstar hub dyno... First run it made 260rwhp, then they strapped it down a bit more 280rwhp and then got told to stop mucking around and it went 320rwhp.

The dyno before the move was totally rooted (retarders seemed to be shagged), I don't know if it has been re calibrated since but might be a issue.

Food for thought...