SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

If it truly has full boost at 3k I really doubt it'll make over 250kw

garret who have far more engineering experience can't even make a turbo that does that, sorry to be negative but I just can't see it being true.

If it truly has full boost at 3k I really doubt it'll make over 250kw

garret who have far more engineering experience can't even make a turbo that does that, sorry to be negative but I just can't see it being true.

See turbochargers engineered in this project are solely for RB25det engines, Garrett would make a turbo to suit a variety of engines. There are room for improvement when designs becomes specialized.

At moment it feels like some where around the 280rwkws mark with very steady torque. Its drives very differently to any other turbos I've engineered or experienced so far. I'm expecting an out standing result.

If this turbo makes 280kw with full boost at 3k I will buy one in the near future, providing it holds the power to at least 6k on less than or equal to 20psi.

This will be a garret killer if it makes those results!

my current highflow makes full boost at ~3k but only makes 240kw on 18psi, so if I can get 40kw over that with the same response, holy shit!

What are the main engineering differences with this turbo over previous designs ?

Edited by Rolls

Always watching Stao's progress, keep up the good work mate.

full boost at 3k and 280rwkw+ may be possible as thats exactly what I have now... just with a Garrett stamp and a slightly higher price tag.

full boost at 3k and 280rwkw+ may be possible as thats exactly what I have now... just with a Garrett stamp and a slightly higher price tag.

Dyno sheet please

NA + turbo does not count.

Nope - nothing special, no E85.

tuner said not much difference between what he has seen with normal turbo motor and the slightly higher compression NA with my turbo.

post-36975-0-79536600-1311255089_thumb.jpg this was with an electronic boost controller

post-36975-0-72596700-1311255208_thumb.jpg this was with a bleed valve

Decent power for the street, very useable... as soon as I touch the accelerator I get boost..

What turbo?

edit: just saw your post, how on earth do you get a GT3076 on boost by 3k? Most people are seeing 3.5 to 4k ? Was that with some ridiculous ramp rate?

Edited by Rolls

What turbo?

edit: just saw your post, how on earth do you get a GT3076 on boost by 3k? Most people are seeing 3.5 to 4k ? Was that with some ridiculous ramp rate?

The two runs are not equal... There must be some decent load and hold time on the EBC run as it starts at 9psi at about 2500rpm. A normal dyno run should start at around atmospheric pressure.

Second graph looks much more genuine with 18psi at 3500rpm which is pretty much what is expected from a GT3076R with a 0.63 :)

Edited by SimonR32

Its a good result :thumbsup: , high comp engine with adjustable cam gears would make a turbo spool earlier. Plus different dynos with different sittings would read differently. Compare to one of my earlier runs using the same dyno:

RB25DE high comp, adj cam gear, 3076 .63 ext gate, with a bleed valve

post-36975-0-72596700-1311255208_thumb.jpg

Standard RB25DET motor, stock head, ATR43G3 int gate, with Bleed valve. My run ended early due to misfire while still making 294rwkws.

post-27032-0-82969500-1311261862_thumb.jpg

They looks similar in terms of Power VS Response VS KM/H. But I know the SS-1 PU is more responsive. :yes: