SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

sargerx8, fk thats a good result so far!!!

keen to hit you up on the offer of taking me for a spin and you can come in mine after to see the difference.

I will miss the induction of my twins tho lol

Ive replied to your PM.

Cheers

keen to hit you up on the offer of taking me for a spin and you can come in mine after to see the difference.

Ive replied to your PM.

Cheers

Report all found!

Why only 11psi ?

The actuator we got is too soft, even with my EBC set to 100% the most we could get out of it was peaking 11.5 - 12psi... The fuel pump was failing giving some iffy a/f ratios so the whole tune is alot richer than it should be just to keep things safe, Ive got the fuel pump sorted out, just need a 12 - 14psi actuator and Ill go back in for a tune touch up.

It appears he's got fuel pump issues from previous reply.

Yeah, the pump was on its way out, it failed on the second day after I got the car home lean popping all over the place. Its got a GTR pump in there and Ive got a brand new 040 as backup incase. Also the actuator we're using atm is only a 7psi actuator and the most we could get from it was 11.5 with ebc @100%

Ive replied to your PM.

Cheers

We shall see how it fairs up :) Keep in mind what Ive said about the tune and what not, in a month or so I should be running it at full potential.

I have some Dyno updates on my ATR43 G2 with FNT upgrade.

My car for those who don't know

R34 GTT with unopened RB25DET NEO

Turbo as above

All supporting mods

running Caltex E-Flex

This is NOT professionaly tuned, The timing is slightly retarded from before the FNT run. I just touched up the AFR's

post-62296-0-36980300-1310424190_thumb.jpg

It feels amazing on the street! f**king LOVE the powerband!!!

I have also added this to my running upgrade plot.

post-62296-0-84194200-1310426591_thumb.jpg

NOTE: The FNT run was done on a different Dyno with slightly retarded timing. So a true comparison cannot be made.

The FNT feels like it looks here on the plot. Heaps better down low and through the mid range.

I'm starting to think that my Blitz CS return flow intercooler could be posing a restriction. But f**k it... It's so good to drive as is :)

piss off Pat, making me contemplate ripping the turbo off again for some FNT goodness....lol

bloody nice results man, very impressed.

Apparently Stao has an even better housing for the G3 turbo, but based on results shown you would be mad not to.

Such good value, as always.

Thanks for the feedback. Comparing the ATR43SS pagethe FNT affects on above dynosheet is identical.

Its more then just the few hundred rpms better in response. It changes the car's driving ability making it lot quicker in acceleration from standing and gear change.

To Add FNT nozzle into G3 housings cost $200 including return shipping.

All ATR43xx and PU high flowed units produced from 1/1/11 has FNT nozzle permanently casted into the turbine housing delivering better driving ability while not affecting top end power.

I have some Dyno updates on my ATR43 G2 with FNT upgrade.

My car for those who don't know

R34 GTT with unopened RB25DET NEO

Turbo as above

All supporting mods

running Caltex E-Flex

This is NOT professionaly tuned, The timing is slightly retarded from before the FNT run. I just touched up the AFR's

post-62296-0-36980300-1310424190_thumb.jpg

It feels amazing on the street! f**king LOVE the powerband!!!

I have also added this to my running upgrade plot.

post-62296-0-84194200-1310426591_thumb.jpg

NOTE: The FNT run was done on a different Dyno with slightly retarded timing. So a true comparison cannot be made.

The FNT feels like it looks here on the plot. Heaps better down low and through the mid range.

I'm starting to think that my Blitz CS return flow intercooler could be posing a restriction. But f**k it... It's so good to drive as is :)

That graph looks f**king sexy man, I love the straight line 280+rwkw all the way. I just wish I didn't listen to my tuner about 17psi being too high. Feels like I wasted so much money on a tune that I wont be staying on for very long :( I see almost 23 - 24psi going through your turbo. Are you controlling boost at all? I'm sure with a nicer tune and controlled boost you could make a little more power out of a little less boost too.

That would be from boost controller, I found this boost creep and drop behavior happens to customers with return flow coolers. check hary's result pre and after cooler tests:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/page__st__1640__p__5772487#entry5772487

Finally got my ATR43SS1 installed. After a short consideration I believe its totally worth paying $250 for one of stao's mechanics to install it onsite and buy what ever stao recommends from him self.

So I end up getting:

5x 2mm thick cooper washers: $20

1x hard 3 inch intake pipe made from 2x 45 degrees silicon hoses and 1x 45 degrees steel pipe: $80

1x hypergear's Blow off valve (Its massive, not a toy). modified and fitted onto my cooler piping. : $150

1x milled out brass plate blocking off my old BOV. $20

I've also bought an additional low pressure actuator for $100 installed for time been till the car is at a tuning stage.

His Mechanic showed up at 2pm yesterday and the whole thing was finished around 6pm. We went for a quick drive, felt good and no leaks. Paid the mechanic and called that a day.

Not really sure if the new turbo needed of running in, so I went for a 100KM trip today. This turbo is very responsive, on road response is about identical to my factory turbo, and it also a light "Singggggggg" sound on light throttle.

Performance wise, the ATR43 has a very strong take off. For example at take off at traffic light in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear full throttle. The car would just launch, the power delivery is very linear from the first moment, and pulled harder and harder as it emerges red line. Like a smooth momentum with very strong and solid build up of power as engine revs out.

Drivability wise it's still very factory, with more power through out the whole rev range. My standard turbo in comparison just felt really flat after 4000RPMs.

The car's running about 9.5psi at moment on stock tune. Still waiting for few bits and pieces and I will post up my result once its fully tuned.

Money wise I spent on the turbo and installation plus hard intake pipe and custom bov fully installed so far is: $1970

The amount of time taken to install was bit over 4 hours including removing my factory turbo.

This is a brilliant turbo for a daily driver. Big thanks to Stao on the turbo plus the technical and mechanical support. Very happy . :cheers:

Edited by petero'nell