SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

It's not really because I have never ever heard of a defect station removing your entire intake piping to check the comp wheel size, plus I'm fairly sure nissan don't put the specs in a workshop manual so they would have no reference and hence no reason to fail you.

You don't live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, do you? Our TMU come to you with a basic toolkit.

The ATR43G3 will make that power fine, the updated Turbine geometry will also give better power down low.

Or for the best street result I recommend the ATR43SS-2.

ok so the updated geometry version what are they worth and the atr43ss-2 what are they worth

The SS-2 is the billet comp wheeled model with FNT turbine. Cost $1900 to build, inc GST and oil line.

the G3 .82 is $1450 inc GST and oil line. There are no additional charge on current turbine geometry.

The SS-2 is the billet comp wheeled model with FNT turbine. Cost $1900 to build, inc GST and oil line.

the G3 .82 is $1450 inc GST and oil line. There are no additional charge on current turbine geometry.

As a comparison what is one of the high flow turbos worth (with the customer providing a std turbo)?

Stao can you provide photos of the new turbine housing at the rear side?

I want to see the dump flange area.

And is there a non skyline specific version that is not v-band?

You don't live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, do you? Our TMU come to you with a basic toolkit.

I guess in some ways the beauty of the highflow or similar framed turbo is unless they physically pull the turbo out and measure the wheels it's pretty much impossible to know.

I'de like to watch them pull the standard intake system off a 26 ! haha.

You can be rolling around with 900HP worth of turbo and no one is any the wiser.

I honestly feel sorry for you guys in Vic though, I thought we had it bad up here :unsure: But it seems QLD is one of the laid back states.

Stao can you provide photos of the new turbine housing at the rear side?

I want to see the dump flange area.

And is there a non skyline specific version that is not v-band?

turbine2.JPG

Here's the rear of it. Its can be in a 5 bolt externally gated pattern, Nissan 6 bolt or V band internally gated pattern. Or you can give us a drawing we can make it into what ever pattern you need.

Also went with a mate in a Ford XR6 none turbo for a cruise. At lights, I've managed to keep up with him head to head 1st gear and over take him on the start of 2nd gear with very little wheel spin.

Using traditional .82 PU rear, he over takes me by a 2/3 of a car length on 1st, I normally catch up head to head on end of 2nd with lots of wheel spin and over takes on start of 3rd.

The new turbine geometry is the best could happen to a PU or G3, Its got so much torque with very strong and solid acceleration, totally changed the way of how it behaved on road without the expense of setting up FNT nozzles. I'm very happy with it.

Stao are you going to adapt FNT technology to this new housing?

As I have changed from RB to JZ engine the dump flange area is honestly the only thing stopping me from buying one of your turbos.

What would it cost to do a different dump flange pattern/design?

We've rebuilt and high flowed few turbos for XR6, They make power easily with massive amount of torque. That would be the next turbo motor I would like to look at. The new NA model are not bad picking up speed from standing which gives me a pretty good idea of where I would be on take off.

The other funny thing is the driver's motive. no one manifest their motive at lights, every one quitely parks next to your at red, the motive gets exposed as soon as trafic lights turns green. I'll be interested to engineer the turbo that can launch my car out on the very front without having my motive exposed while I'm parked.

Stao are you going to adapt FNT technology to this new housing?

As I have changed from RB to JZ engine the dump flange area is honestly the only thing stopping me from buying one of your turbos.

What would it cost to do a different dump flange pattern/design?

Well, if the updated geometry can perform similar to the FNT setup then I won't be using the FNT setup on this housing any more. I can make the adaptor for around $150 depending on how complex it is.

Well, if the updated geometry can perform similar to the FNT setup then I won't be using the FNT setup on this housing any more. I can make the adaptor for around $150 depending on how complex it is.

Sorry but I fail to see the logic there?

The FNT update seemed to yield excellent improvements... Unless the tech could not be adapted to this housing design I cant see why you wouldnt want to add to it also?

In my thoughts your FNT tech might further improve the response again.. ?

The flange plate I would want would just be as simple as possible without any obstruction to the exit of the turbo, making it easy to construct press-fit split dump pipes.

I will have a 6boost manifold soon and may be interested in prooving your theory on the 340rwkw G3 if some more developement on response can be implemented.

It cost more time and effort to setup the FNT which do add up to the final bill, So if I can get similar or getter results with out the nozzles then I would perfer without them.

I can install a 3.5 inchs adaptor out of the turbo with a 4 bolt flange if you want. That would be very free flowing.

He is asking if the combination of FNT and this new rear turbine flow design would FURTHER increase the performance or is it calculated to have no major effect?

Also Stao, how much is a low PSI actuator for the turbo you sold me? I want to put the turbo on the car asap because Ive still got to wear in my clutch but I can't do this now because the actuator Ive got is 17psi rated and my engine will pop. I can put this lower PSI actuator on until I get to the tuner and we can fit the higher pressure actuator on. PM me in our big message thread!

Just don't boot it till u get it tuned sarge. Why spend an extra 150$ or whatever they cost when u can control it with ur foot.

Exactly, I wouldnt be giving it full throttle even with a lower pressure actuator! Use your right foot and keep it off boost.

Just had an ATR43SS-1 tuned last night by Trent at Status Tuning. Goal was a super responsive turbo that made ~250rwkw on 98 fuel, then ~280rwkw on E85. I only have the 98 tune so far, as you can see its very close to my goal with 244rwkw. The turbo is very very responsive, I thought as a comparison I would get a standard turbo comparison. I also had the boost plotted before and after the intercooler, as you can see my intercooler is quite restrictive and the gap in pressure increases with rpm. If I can get it to hold 18-19psi, I am sure I can get well into the 250's and maybe crack 260rwkw as Tao did. It has made street driving an absolute blast and it is 100% a street car.

post-29432-0-74815400-1303343915_thumb.jpg

post-29432-0-90211900-1303343923_thumb.jpg

post-29432-0-71733800-1303343928_thumb.jpg