SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

This is a prototype ATR43 G4 520HP CHRA. It runs on shortened bearings and weigh reduced turbine for maximum response. engineered to produce about 300rwkws at 20psi on .63 ATR43's turbine housing using RB25det engine with supporting mods.

The smaller one on the photo is ATR43 G1 350HP CHRA. Its made for 240rwkws with excellent street response.

3.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Compare to ATR28G4 it has lighter turbine with shorter bearings. So it should have slightly better response. I might update this CHRA into the ATR28G4 once its been evaluated.

Turbine housing is getting made. I'm going to swap this 2x with my existing high flowing customers. probably Geraus and SS8_Gohan for some dyno and evaluation results.

For time been we will still be using proven ATR28 CHRAs. Price wise I don't know at this stage. depends on how much it cost to build the rear housing.

hi,

i skimmed through quickly but didnt find the exact answer i was looking for.

what turbo would you suggest is the most efficient/responsive for a Rb20(r32) wanting to make 240-250rwkw while keeping the stock manifold, but being externally gated.

thanks.

hi,

i skimmed through quickly but didnt find the exact answer i was looking for.

what turbo would you suggest is the most efficient/responsive for a Rb20(r32) wanting to make 240-250rwkw while keeping the stock manifold, but being externally gated.

thanks.

i went with a ATR28G3 with 0.63 internal gate rear for my rb20... i'm looking for a tad more power than you

so maybe look at a ATR28G2

hook us up Stao :P:ninja:

we going to need new dumps? and am i going to have to run stuff in again... done so much friggen running in with this car :P

EDIT: so are you saying these will be laggier or potentially, they might be a little more responsive and make a bit more power?

The Very first ATR43i 520HP G4 in T3 .64 Turbine is complete:

atr43f.jpg

atr43b.jpg

We'll be making few more different A/Red turbine housings in the next few weeks. We will also be engineering a 650HP profile CHRA to suit a .84 Bolton Rear housing.

Well stock turbo won't make 520HP. Bigger turbos will creat more lag. This is a G4 profile, made for 300rwkws.

We also have this in G1 and G2 profiles which are rated 350HP and 450HP. The G1 would have very similar response as the stock turbo to produce max of 240rwkws, G2 is about 300RPM laggier but but its good for upto 270rwkws.

Price wise This turbo is $1300 to complete. With normal Turbine housing which comes out in a Vband rear is $1050 internally gated. or $950 externally gated with a 5 bolt flange.

didn't i have a G2 originally? that was about 230rwkw at 15psi -

gotta remember, "most" people won't be bolting these onto built engines (IMO) - they'll chuck em on, run 15/16/17psi and that's probably about it. I'm only running a bit more boost because of E85, otherwise, 17psi would probably be my max.

will give you a call/email asap about the .63

Yes but that was in stock R33's turbine housing. Now they are running in a .63 T3x rear housing, The spec of it is very similar to a GT3071. So it should make around 260rwkws at 18psi of boost on 98 fuel

Yes but that was in stock R33's turbine housing. Now they are running in a .63 T3x rear housing, The spec of it is very similar to a GT3071. So it should make around 260rwkws at 18psi of boost on 98 fuel

do you also make this turbo with an externally gated rear housing?