SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

This update is for the current ATR43SS with FNT turbine, which we will refer that to ATR43SS-1, and the other one made 320rwkws we will refer that to ATR43SS-2

atr43ss1.JPG

This is first run high pressure actuator only wastegate controller off. I think this actuator is abit too stiff for this turbo, but thats all I had for the day. They will be equipt them with a 14psi or 7psi actuator.

Run below is based on 9 sec ramp timing.

atr43ss1NBC257rwkw.jpg

atr43ss1NBC257rwkwboost.jpg

Now with a manual boost controller set to 24 psi maxing out the turbo.

Run below is based on 9 sec ramp timing.

atr43ss1265rwkw.jpg

atr43ss1265rwkwboost.jpg

If you can get those results with the standard housings you will have a killer turbo.

GCG managed it with a shitty rb20 turbo, less boost (18 tapering to 15) and around ~10kw less. Why is the larger compressor housing needed if its only flowing ~245kw ?

The reason I ask is if you are going to change the compressor housing you might as well just get a garrett gt3076, the only reason imo to use a highflow is so it looks stock.

Edited by Rolls

The stock housing is in .60 identical to the one that I've used. Except factory housing's got a 2.5inch inlet and this one has 3. End result should be very similar.

How ever turbine side is running .64 single nozzled FNT setup. stock or normal housings will be slightly off down low and mid range, but nothing major. I think this turbo should be excellent for RB20det motor or rb25 people whom chasing responsive 250rwkws.

Hey hey,

I bought an ATR43 G3turbo + 1.7KGactuator off you a couple months back for my 1jz build... anyway, things are progressing slowly so I have some free time; Would you be willing and able to upgrade the rear housing of my turbo to the "tri-nozzle" design still capable of ~300rwkw (my power target), with as much response as possible in attaining that.

Cheers,

Matt (same name on NS, if you'd prefer to PM)

Is the ATR43SS-1 a ball bearing turbo? If it is will you be offering a plain bearing version?

Throw a stock compressor cover on, can leave the 3" afm in factory location with a 3" metal intake pipe (instead of relocating afm into cooler piping and 4" intake on 0.7 compressor cover). This should be your number 1 seller, factory appearance, cheap and a responsive 250-270rwkw.

Note: That dyno goes to 7200rpm so reduces the amount that the power falls over up top.

This turbo has double the torque of mine at 3,000rpm and about 80% more from 3500-4000 then similar from there on, with only a 10rwkw difference at redline!

I believe the SS-1 to be an excellent option for customers looking at buying a GTRS without the price tag, and the SS-2 for the same market looking at a Garrett 3071 or similar.

To the one that made the highflow comment, these turbos are not highflows - you do not need to send Stao your stock turbo for him to send back an SS. You can simply buy the item which will utilise the stock dump config and is stock manifold friendly.

Stao I think your current range of products are becoming very hard to surpass for value. Make sure that SS-1 is affordable and im sure you will sell them like hot cakes.

To the one that made the highflow comment, these turbos are not highflows - you do not need to send Stao your stock turbo for him to send back an SS. You can simply buy the item which will utilise the stock dump config and is stock manifold friendly.

You are correct, however if you desire you can send in a standard nissan compressor cover and Stao can use that so that the turbo still appears factory from the front. That is what I did for mine. Will take a cop that really knows his stuff to notice the difference in exhaust housings.

I think the standard compressor cover starts to limit things if your pushing up to 300rwkw but on the SS-1 it would do the job well.

I would say it would only make around 290rwhp or 215rwkw on a RB20

Hmmm really?? I would have thought considering it is a small/medium size turbo on an RB25 then it would be a medium/large size turbo on an RB20 and it would make say 230rwkw but with more lag obviously.

For example, on an RB25 it makes just more than a GTRS. What power does a GTRS make on an RB20?

The SS-1 is expected to make 200~230rwkws mark on a Rb20det with excellent street driving ability with supporting mods depending on engine condition, tune and etc.

The SS is engineered for street driving ability, So smooth and fast rid would be considered prior then a super powerful machine.

Hmmm really?? I would have thought considering it is a small/medium size turbo on an RB25 then it would be a medium/large size turbo on an RB20 and it would make say 230rwkw but with more lag obviously.

For example, on an RB25 it makes just more than a GTRS. What power does a GTRS make on an RB20?

Well that graph has STP correction on so I would imagine it's only really making about 250rwkw without the correction inflating the figures...

RB20's generally make 20-25rwkw less than RB25's and usually take 4-5psi to make that power, so on the same boost I would expect around 35-40rwkw less

Well that graph has STP correction on so I would imagine it's only really making about 250rwkw without the correction inflating the figures...

Interesting, I notice my dyno has SAE correction. I wonder why Trent would change it?

In post #1499 mine is the light blue graph and yet the comparison says STP correction so the green graph must use STP.

I'm not sure the affects of STP corrections, Seems cars dynoed before or after mine on the same day were running the same configurations. Had a Soarer that day whom came in for 2nd opinion which pulled within 1kw from a roller dyno.

Trent would not deliberately alter his dyno for happy results unless current STP configuration produces more accurate reading in real world. I will speak to him about it and possibly do some comparison runs next week.

Of your readings SAE have made more power thou.

I have actually confused STP with the SAE correction which when we put on was giving very happy results...

STP I would assume is standard, temperature and pressue?!?

So it might not actually pump up the figures as much as I suggested!