SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Clutch slipped off which resulted in a sharp drop in torque and a dip in power. I'm hopping to see a more ova led layout with clutch fixed, but never know. I haven't seen any RB25dets can hold torque to 7000RPMs based on a 600HP turbo. Smaller turbos seems to hold better but peak torque reached was lot less and torque held at 7000 was also less.

Would you have a torque curve of your current setup?

I'll be building a bolton externally gated plumb back turbo next year. Hope for better boost control and more power.

Were can I get E85 in North area of Melbourne? looking to try abit of this miracle juice.

30 Mn with slipping clutch, E85 fuel mix and external gate, Its not really much of difference.

I will finish off the tune next year for a better comparison and will do few modifications to the blades for improvement.

563-440 is a drop of 120nm and thats between 5000-6800 so 1800rpm

523-470 is a drop of 53nm and thats between 4600-7800 so 3200rpm

So mine only drops half the torque over twice the rev range...

Plus I'd imagine it's going to be a lot worse when I do a run from 1500rpm and get boost 600rpm earlier than the graph posted

Edited by SimonR32

True I will have a play with wheel's blow direct, blades and turbine housing next year. Its a testing turbo to be improved.

Keep in mind I'm not using E85, not running external gate but with a slipping clutch. Its making more power through out rev ranges till 6000RPMs. So all I need is dumping E85 at 330rwkws, that will get me around 380rwkws with more power and torque every where right?

True I will have a play with wheel's blow direct, blades and turbine housing next year. Its a testing turbo to be improved.

Keep in mind I'm not using E85, not running external gate but with a slipping clutch. Its making more power through out rev ranges till 6000RPMs. So all I need is dumping E85 at 330rwkws, that will get me around 380rwkws with more power and torque every where right?

Yeah technically more power and torque top end but will still get the same torque drop off...

You can see this in my old RB20 graph, drops from just over 500 at 5100 down to 360 at 7250

Edited by SimonR32

RB20det seems to always drop in torque up top.

I'm not too concert if the lowest torque point is above or within the average for its power and mods.

Not sure if external gate or wide opening turbine blades can help holding torque into the high RPMS. I will consult with few tuners for some answers. I will like to hear the method if any one whom have successfully brought up their torque into higher RPMs based on the same turbo. Ie. manifold, ext gate, different housings and etc.

What would be the best hypergear for an RB22, with 268 deg 9mm lift cams, chasing maximum midrange for street use. Engine is built to take 300rwkw, dont care if it doesnt make 250rwkw. Want to retain standard configuration as far as manifold and dump pipes are concerened.

With RB20dets I would build some thing based on a ATR28G2 in a T3x Nissan flange pattern in .64 rear housing and a high pressure actautor. That will max around 250rwkws with excellent street response.

Add:

We will be back on the 3rd of Feb 2011. Any inquires please PM or email to: [email protected]

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'll be back on the 9th.

As Objectives for 2011:

Object 1:

We'll be updating ATR43's internal wastegate system to external gate pump back setup. Which will have an 50mm external gate attached to turbine housing with the screamer pipe run parallel to the dump pipe. every thing will be perfectly engineered, users have to spend $50 to have the end of scream pipe welded into the dump or it can be left it externally bleeded for off road applications. This should improve current boost control stability while keeping EGT slightly lower. I will try and manage to get that update done without having to increase the current price.

Objective 2:

We will be concentrating into further development of our SuperStreet series. Which is a reliable and responsive small turbo for around 250rwkws applications.

Objective 3:

We will be exploring the possibility with cam gears. If there is a clear advantage of having, it will be supplied with all ATR43 turbos at a very low cost with cam angles pre-adjusted.

Objective 4 (bonus objective):

You all know about the VNT housings. We will be using this foot print developing FNT (Fixed Nozzle Turbine housing) which has fixed blow direction nozzles in optimum angle.

Objective 5 (bonus objective):

The "Gen E ses" electrical and exhaust gas powered turbocharger system. Which uses a powerful electrical motor to spin a large CHRA assembly to certain RPMS. If I can get this idea to work we can possibly having 20psi of boost pre-2000RPMs in a 600HP turbo setup.

If any of yous whom has any experiences, advise or suggestions on any of above objectives do feel free to share. We will be posting data and information as we run along.

Any one who needs to get their turbo high flowed do feel free to send them in, I will be straight on to those when I get back. All the best for 2011!

Its going to be few weeks away as I'll need to engineer a good jig to ensure every turbine housing comes out are exactly the same. I will test out the prototype to see what its like on road and dyno before passing it onto any customers.

Also how many percent of yous are running E85? The Servo near by have stocked this type of fuel. But if the majority is still on 98 then data from E85 would be pointless.