SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Thanks for the feedbacks

Trent: Thanks for the job. That customer like to have power but concernt about his transmission. Yesterday he decided to go with the powered up profile so he won't need to upsize the turbo when he's hardware are ready to take further, So probably keep it just under 270rwkws for now.

Turbo's just finished today, it will make some serious power without much boost. Have fun power digging :P

Well, just got my ATR43G2 installed and tuned, got the car back yesterday. Gotta say I'm a little disappointed... Only made 290rwhp @18psi, tuner said there are no issues with fuel delivery or anything else. He expects I could make a little over 300rwhp @20psi, but when he tried to wind in more boost the power curve just started going funny, so he left it at 18psi with a smoother power delivery.

IMG_0145.jpg

So I'm rather disappointed that after spending $3000 on the turbo/injectors/Z32 AFM, Plus $1300 getting it installed and tuned; I'm only making 30rwhp more than I was with the stock setup.

Will probably cut my losses, save up and get a 3071R.

Edited by Hanaldo

That is very strange. what sort of intake and exhaust setup are you running? would you have the boost curve? was this a .63 or a .82 rear? a photo of it would be great. Also what sort of fuel are you running?

Well, just got my ATR43G2 installed and tuned, got the car back yesterday. Gotta say I'm a little disappointed... Only made 290rwhp @18psi, tuner said there are no issues with fuel delivery or anything else. He expects I could make a little over 300rwhp @20psi, but when he tried to wind in more boost the power curve just started going funny, so he left it at 18psi with a smoother power delivery.

IMG_0145.jpg

So I'm rather disappointed that after spending $3000 on the turbo/injectors/Z32 AFM, Plus $1300 getting it installed and tuned; I'm only making 30rwhp more than I was with the stock setup.

Not right.

@ 216rwk (290hp) check intake pipe and exhaust. there should be another 15-20 with the 0.63. Dont expect 290 without the 0.82 rear.

Also, that AFR is farken rich man. While that aint the problem (I'm roughly 11.5:1) it's surely not very good tuning from what I've seen....but I'm not an expert.

Also, Trent knows his shit, and does all of Stao's testing. If he says it's not right, then it's not right.

It is more than 500rpm laggier than the same turbo engine combo on other machines, I suspect there is an issue somewhere and going to a GT30 will just replicate the same problem.

I doubt it is the turbo and suspect something else in your system, intake sucking shut, standard intercooler? restrictive exhaust? something along those lines

Also 11.5:1 isn't that rich, nice and safe for high revs and high boost.

Edited by Rolls

Thanks for feedback guys.

Stao, the turbo is the .63 rear, using BP Ultimate.

Intake is a custom 3" stainless steel pipe from the Z32 afm to the turbo.

Exhaust is a 3" bellmouth Tomei dump/front pipe, 5" highflow cat and then custom 3" cat-back (made by Kermit, for those in the know). Absolutely no curves in the exhaust, so only restriction I can see in the exhaust could possibly be the cat.

Coil packs are splitfires.

when he tried to wind in more boost the power curve just started going funny

Just to clarify what my tuner meant by 'funny'; the power curve actually dipped when he wound more boost into it. Does this give any indication as to what the problem could be?

.63 rear?

We've both got the .82

when do ya get onto full boost?

About 4300rpm.

What are the egt's?

How much timing at full noise?

Any signs of pinging?

Have u tried a decat pipe?

Why did he tune it at 10.8 ish?could lean in out heaps???

No idea to most of those, only got the car back last night so haven't really spoken to my tuner about it.

Definitely no pinging, and have not tried a decat pipe. He suspects my cat could be a restriction.

Also another thing that he mentioned, my O2 sensor was causing the car to run like crap so he has left it unplugged. Any ideas why it would run like crap with the O2 sensor plugged in but run fine with it disconnected?

Edited by Hanaldo

i thought they unplug it so it doesn't go into closed loop?

did you say what ecu it was?

Also that seems like a huge amount of lag for the .63 the .82's get on song around then...

either there's no timing in this thing or there's a restriction?

Going to drop my exhaust from the front pipe back on the weekend to see if it makes a difference. Just wanted to find out, if it actually does make a difference and the power sky rockets, is it safe to do without the car being tuned for that power? Not going to do what that other guy did and just do it anyway, so if it's not safe to do then I'll get my tuner to do it on the dyno...