SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The upper blades of the comp wheel is designed to suck air in while the bottom is to throw air out. The slots really feels like it has released all pressure from the upper blades and circulated it on front of the turbo.

I do feel down in power, and the BOV rarely makes any sounds. I think it is off the performance mod list for this specific setup till the normal housing is tested.

Just build ABE spec turbo's, don't change anything, do go looking for extra response or power - just build ABE. You should call the turbo 'ABE'. or 'The ABE' -

get 5-10 cars running very similar results with the same turbo and then push it. From ABE's graph it's easily comparable to the garett's, so just lock down ONE model.

You've done enough R&D for now, you found the best combo in ABE's turbo - now it's time to solidify those results. STOP playing with the specs (for now)

Thanks for the advise. I will keep ABE's profile.

few updates. I've changed the comp housing. In between the standard and anti surge slotted housings the difference is in response. But not so much in terms of what RPMS it comes in but more of from when its merging close to 0PSI to 20psi. Lot faster Shaft speed. The turbo's making a jet engine sound heard few 100 meters away. lol

With normal comp housing its quite. not as responsive but noticeably more power. I guess having the anti-surge holes would be beneficial with a large comp wheels.

<cut>

You've done enough R&D for now, you found the best combo in ABE's turbo - now it's time to solidify those results. STOP playing with the specs (for now)

I disagree, if has the time / money run a few more experiments. If you do something very interesting then just tweak the results and start the manufacturing :D

Great results though, I'm interested, I hope to have my finances sorted in the next 5-6months (monthly pay and not enough of it lol)

between the standard and anti surge slotted housings the difference is in response. But not so much in terms of what RPMS it comes in but more of from when its merging close to 0PSI to 20psi.

With normal comp housing its quite. not as responsive but noticeably more power.

Just trying to understand.

So the anti surge brings the boost rise and torque on faster, but not making as much maximum at higher rpm?

I guess noise is the inevitable by-product of giving the air an escape path, but wonder if the number of slots/holes, and position along the blades makes a difference?

Definitly feels down in power.

The turbo's spinning lot harder and started to spool earlier. It does make sense as the opposing pressure on the comp side is not present. Which means the turbine side would be cooler as exhaust air can flow easier.

How ever how not sure the extend in surge increasement due to higher shaft speed as the engine can only swollow so much air.

I'm actually seeking for expert comments on it as well. It doesn't seems to match all of the theroy. I will do two dyno runs with different housings and see how much of it has changed in power curve.

With the surge cut it must directly above the lower blade. I don't think it would make much differences as lone as its in between both blades.

I never really understood the purpose of surge slots if you werent having surge, surely it would just acuse the turbo to spin harder than required for the same given airflow and hence choke sooner (lower power).

Not to mention if you were having surge that it meant you could change your blade profile to avoid it and with the larger size (required to stop surge) you could make use of the extra flow up top as well.

Stao go the turbo installed today first impression is i have picked up response

My dash tacho is reading about 200 - 300rpm high so where it starts to pick up is atleast 500rpm sooner not to mention the boost controller is turned to its lowest setting on a 10psi actuator so theres more response in her when i get a change to adjut settings

Thats all cool. I've uploaded some footage in relation to actuator adjustments in earlier pages, follow that to have the stronger actuator installed when required.

Also do run a 3inch metal intake pipe and looking forward to see some results.

Good news!

This is a ATR43G2 profile turbo on a stock r34 gtt. rb25detneo.

running the 17psi actuator, no boost controller (well it's there just not doing anything)

and fueled up on caltex E-Flex (e70) according to the manager.

rt975.jpg

XF7xI.jpg

I didn't even bother trying to hold the boost up... The power level was enough for my likings :blink:

Edit : for trozzle

Great result there Random I am!

Does yours have a standard nissan compressor cover or is yours aftermarket?

Same question for you Trozzle?

I understand the 'ABE' spec turbo has a custom compressor housing.

Good news!

This is a ATR43G2 profile turbo on a stock r34 gtt. rb25detneo.

running the 17psi actuator, no boost controller (well it's there just not doing anything)

and fueled up on caltex E-Flex (e70) according to the manager.

http://imgur.com/rt975.jpg[mg]

http://imgur.com/XF7xI.jpg[/g]

I didn't even bother trying to hold the boost up... The power level was enough for my likings :P

Edit : for trozzle

What rpm is the power/boost hitting hard, and to what rpm does it hold the power for?

Edited by Rolls