SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

keep it at two :P

i got mine from otomoto in sydney, im very sure that same person/factory make these units.

i will soon have dyno results with this dump pipe and with a custom 3inch unit, just need to get around to it.

-alex

im at 250rwkw with same dump and no drama's so far.

Nice work Davo Thats the best engine bay I've seen so far. Want to try a .63 rear with above Dump for $250? You probably see another 35KWs with .63 rear.

Thanks for the offer Stao but I'm going to try and find an OP6 or get an AVO rear(.63?) as I have a really nice 1 peice 3.5" custom split dump and I want to keep it on the car if i can.

Do you know if I wiil have to send the AVO rear to you for machining to match the G2 profile?

Thanks for the offer Stao but I'm going to try and find an OP6 or get an AVO rear(.63?) as I have a really nice 1 peice 3.5" custom split dump and I want to keep it on the car if i can.

Do you know if I wiil have to send the AVO rear to you for machining to match the G2 profile?

Yes we can machine it to suit the Turbine if you can send in a housing. it will cost $150 to profile.

Hey Stao.

Could you give me a price for a highflow service that i can reach up to or near 270rwkw? looks like it could be the .63 housing with a G3 profile?

car is r33 GTST

Thanks mate

Hey Stao.

Could you give me a price for a highflow service that i can reach up to or near 270rwkw? looks like it could be the .63 housing with a G3 profile?

car is r33 GTST

Thanks mate

For the R33 its recommended to go for our ATR28G3 in T3 .63 rear internally gated. We can get you a cheap dump pipe to bolt on stock front pipe for $100. The cost for this turbo with oil feeding line and 14psi internal wastegate setup is $1080.

im at 250rwkw with same dump and no drama's so far.

yeah i got 255rwkw with a kkr480 on 15psi, but you can clearly see on the dyno run that it drops boost and the torque curve just plummets down. thats with a external wastegate too.

i should have my new dyno print out soon to compare.

-alex

But any way, Most of people who are likely to use those dump pipes are with stock front pipes. which is not really going to affect much. But any way if you run it into a 3inch front pipe it should be ok.

The boost drop thing can be due to some thing else. Do you have a print of your current boost curve?

Ok This would be the very first dyno sheet from ATR43 in .63 rear internally gated. Its a R33 RB25det with :

Power FC

550cc Nismo injectors

Z32 AFM

FMIC

3inch exhaust with Cat

Pod filter

Metal intake pipe.

Car made 226rwkws on 9psi, Tuner left it at 11.30PM last night. Its coming back to finish off the tune in few days, hopefully seeing 280rwkws with a bit more live on the curve.

Customer came in and took me for a drive this afternoon. It felt great. There is no lagness like the TR43is, super smooth acceleration with plenty of power and torque. This is probably one of the best turbos to suit a RB25det.

For now:

atr28g3rb25232rwkw.JPG

yeah i got 255rwkw with a kkr480 on 15psi, but you can clearly see on the dyno run that it drops boost and the torque curve just plummets down. thats with a external wastegate too.

i should have my new dyno print out soon to compare.

-alex

drops boost? you must have something setup wrong.. mine holds 1.4 bar strong to redline. if i wind it up to 1.5bar it has held that fine aswell 2.

so something must have been wrong in your setup.

Hey Stao can I ask a quick question?

A good friend of mine is building an RB30 at the moment (To put into a 242 Volvo of all things :P ) which is out of a 1988 VL Commodore turbo. He has told me that I can have the turbo from it as he is planning on using a GT35.

I am thinking of sending the exhaust housing down to you for machining to match up with my ATR28 G2 profile.

This is the .63 housing same as OP6 isnt it?

Can I expect much lag with this setup?

What figures should I expect to reach?

Hi Dave, The VG30's turbine housing is .63 so its a bigger housing then a OP6. Which is excellent to use. I think with the .63 rear you can get over 260rwkws. It will be noticeable laggier but definitely worth it.

Geraus. :P That R33 Tuned at Nicks (He's famous on flash tuning V8 and XR6 turbos) was lot more torquer compare to yours. hard to say, and only running 9psi. Tune's not yet finished. I'm pretty sure that car can hit about 270rwkws. If you want I can upgrade your turbine housing with a discount price to see what it does at 18psi.

hi stao just wondering if you provide an installation sheet with the turbos.... for example not sure but is there any washers/ fittings that will need to be purchased or replaced with the trubos for optimum operation

With high flows its just matter of bolt every thing back the way you unbolt every thing off (Stock washers should be ok, But prefer new washers). We don't have fittings instructions prepared at this stage. Most performance workshops would know how to slap every thing together in the right way.

Thanks Stao,

How much lag are we talking? Just a couple of hundred rpm or 1000+

260 kw will be great but not if boost doesn't come on till 4000-5000 rpm

In your opinion with my mods what do you think?

probably around 500~800RPMs of more lag. But heaps more torque, and since turbine housing is bigger its be able to hold high boost. Its only $150 to profile this housing, and if you don't like it you can always put your stock housing back in.

Thanks Stao,

I can put this housing onto the turbo myself? I don't need to rebalance or anything like that?

:thumbsup: you don't need to balance a turbine housing. There are 6 bolts on the buttom and a circlip which you need to remove, then the turbine housing will come off. Put the CHRA in to the new housing, tighten all the bolts, and connect the actuator rod. Or If you like send the turbo in with the new housing, and we can change it here.