SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

No haters here...just realists...no doubt that there are some decent numbers here...the issue is with the claims of how some of these turbos offer better response and so on compared to genuine offerings...

No haters here...just realists...no doubt that there are some decent numbers here...the issue is with the claims of how some of these turbos offer better response and so on compared to genuine offerings...

Comparison of RPM VS Power VS Boost of some of their works with over 600 dynosheets collected for 7 years man. They are realistically outstanding. I mean there's no one ever managed to get 250rwkws with 18psi by 2500RPMS or 290rwkws with 200rwkws by 4000RPM, 320rwkws full boost by 4300RPMs, or a high flowed stockie that does 305rwkws. All with stock setup and pump fuel. If no better results are there with the same setup, then their claim aren't entirely false till some one else did better.

Garrett made their turbos to suit a large range of engines. There are plenty of room for customization suiting a specific engine setup for optimum result. That also doesn't mean what they've made would fit or runs better on other engine setups.

Like I said earlier, that sharp tip off looks like electrical caused, get that fixed, and I'm looking forward to see some results from that new ceramic BB high flow.

Edited by kwickr33

Ignore the pull down in the final 200 rpm, i use a 6900 rpm pull and the final roll off is just exacerbated by the dyno pulling the revs to a standstill @ 6900rpm. These graphs are just a snapshot of a few hours of dyno tuning i do a few runs going to 7250 or 7500 depending on the car and setup and in the case the car was slowly nosing over after 6800 (like most turbos in this size) so there is no point revving the bejeseus out of a car endlessly whilst tuning (and to keep well clear of the limiter)... so i clip it 100 rpm after the roll off. I will make sure the graphs in the future continue to within 50rpm of the limiter.

Im not buying into any arguments here as our dyno is only used to test each of the hypergear turbos (we dont align ourselves with any brands), but if your worried about the sudden drop off dont be its no worse than any other similar sized offering from other companies.. what is true is they prefer higher boost levels 22psi is the sweet spot for peak power, i like to run them around 18-19psi on customers cars which will see about 15+rwkw less than their peak, i find it keeps the intake charge more stable.

From what ive seen they are hard to beat $$ per HP.

what is true is they prefer higher boost levels 22psi is the sweet spot for peak power, i like to run them around 18-19psi on customers cars which will see about 15+rwkw less than their peak, i find it keeps the intake charge more stable.

We also found this same thing when tuning my RB20. Was a bit dull up to around 20psi, came alive at 22psi (like put on 30kw with 2psi) and then hit a bit of a brick wall...

Thanks to Trent to clear up the mass. After all those fuss The sharp drop around 6500 is just rev limiter related.

Also

Its due to the massive wheels inside small housings, same goes with the ct12 highflows that many companies do, all that achieves is a shit load of lag and maybe a 15rwkw gain overall for the soarer guys, because the housings just cannot flow enough air, so you stick a shit load of boost through them and all it does is superheat the intake air.

Not True. Depending on high flow specs. Its not just about stuffing big wheels in to small housings, Its about how to build a balanced charging system, and how to control boost. So far I've done few pairs but no one has yet sent in any dynosheets, Been told its very responsive. My estimate of them after high flowing is about 300rwkws.

Yeah I am still sorting some things out. As Tao said lots more to try. We also just discovered the front injector is causing a boost leak so that will need to get fixed before any more testing. I will have more results next thursday.

We have a few more wastegate settings to try as well as dropping the exhaust as its suspected to be a bit restrictive.

That 279rwkw is actually at only 15.8psi so plenty left in it.

Its a bit different to Tao's demo car cause all these things are sorted and you get a direct comparison.

Ok dropped my car off yesterday and Trent has fixed up the leaking injectors woohoo!! Thanks again Trent!

However, in the meantime I also returned to a stock intake pipe sleeved with a metal pipe. This was still sucking shut but in a different location closer to the turbo where it is still 2.5". The car still hits hard but once it hits 250rwkw the intake pipe sucks shut and it will not make any more power, the dyno is just a flat line after that even slightly reducing.

So off to get a custom intake pipe made up and I will post results after that. Should have listened to you Tao :D

However, in the meantime I also returned to a stock intake pipe sleeved with a metal pipe. This was still sucking shut but in a different location closer to the turbo where it is still 2.5". The car still hits hard but once it hits 250rwkw the intake pipe sucks shut and it will not make any more power, the dyno is just a flat line after that even slightly reducing.

A custom hardpipe is critical to making the power imo. The vacuum required to suck that hose in would be immense, plenty of power to be gained there...

A custom hardpipe is critical to making the power imo. The vacuum required to suck that hose in would be immense, plenty of power to be gained there...

Well it already made 279rwkw with a 3" intake that Tao helped me with. Only problem was it did not have the bov return and breather fitting so I tried the factory intake with some pipe but BAD MOVE!

wow, bit of a shitfight going on in here

mostly posting to subscribe

how long until we can expect to buy the ball bearing version?

i have suspicions that my turbo has seen better days and i was hoping to get it highflowed over summer, what would you recommend for an rb25neo that has to move a stagea about daily?

long term i'd also be happy with 300rwkw too

wow, bit of a shitfight going on in here

mostly posting to subscribe

how long until we can expect to buy the ball bearing version?

i have suspicions that my turbo has seen better days and i was hoping to get it highflowed over summer, what would you recommend for an rb25neo that has to move a stagea about daily?

long term i'd also be happy with 300rwkw too

All the argument around the sharp power drop is just the cause from from a pre-set Rev limiter. The problem was the limiter was set to cut just before the RPM range of 7000RPM on the dyno. Which "the drop" stands for a actual fuel cut or operator throttle back off. The so called "shit fight" dated all the way back to 06 with the exact people. Which I treat it as motivation for innovation of better products.

The ceramic BB turbo is still in the process of getting installed. Its a very first prototype, I will need to run few thousand Ks with some track time before confident enough to sale it.

The highest No. we've got with a OP6 rear housing high flow was 295rwkws at this stage. Its in the updated high flow menu named the "KAI" profile. So if you are after 300rwkws high flow that or the PU profile would be recommended.

All the argument around the sharp power drop is just the cause from from a pre-set Rev limiter. The problem was the limiter was set to cut just before the RPM range of 7000RPM on the dyno. Which "the drop" stands for a actual fuel cut or operator throttle back off. The so called "shit fight" dated all the way back to 06 with the exact people. Which I treat it as motivation for innovation of better products.

The ceramic BB turbo is still in the process of getting installed. Its a very first prototype, I will need to run few thousand Ks with some track time before confident enough to sale it.

The highest No. we've got with a OP6 rear housing high flow was 295rwkws at this stage. Its in the updated high flow menu named the "KAI" profile. So if you are after 300rwkws high flow that or the PU profile would be recommended.

thanks for the prompt reply, i read through the last 5 or so pages but i didn't note the date on the replys

300kw is a long term goal and maybe i might end up going a 25/30 to help lug the stagea around

maybe i'll hold out for the bb core to be completed, if i get a highflow it'll be limited by the stock ecu and injectors till i can afford some aftermarket items

Honestly don't know how much you're gonna hear on a video....I have some LOLiPhone in-car footage from Pat (Randon_I_am) on the skidpan where you can hear it a little bit...his is an R34 GT-T w/ 3" metal intake...

www.facebook.com/trozzle should get you my profile, I honestly don't know if you'll be able to see the video without being my friend. If you can't see my video uploads, add me. I'll accept it and then you can have a snoop.

thanks for the prompt reply, i read through the last 5 or so pages but i didn't note the date on the replys

300kw is a long term goal and maybe i might end up going a 25/30 to help lug the stagea around

maybe i'll hold out for the bb core to be completed, if i get a highflow it'll be limited by the stock ecu and injectors till i can afford some aftermarket items

If your final goal is 300rwkws then its recommended to go for a turbo that can archive that, so you don't have to change turbo again when you are ready for it. And it would definitely encourage to have it happen sooner. :) . I can build with a 7psi actuator, you can exchange the actuator free for a high pressure one when you got injectors and ready to tune.

For the RB30det setup I would recommend the PU high flow or an actual ATR43 G3 or G4 in .82 and .70 comp. The larger housings will definitely help with power consistency.

Little update with the ceramic BB turbo.

front.jpg.JPG

Its started run and was very quite. (I thought its going to make lots bearing noises).

oncar.jpg

I took it for a quick spin. This probably one of the fastest spooling turbo I've ever had. Lot faster then traditional steel ball bearing cores I've used. It goes from 0 to 20psi in like half a second. Was like blink of an eye you are sitting on 20psi. On switch off you can hear it spins for ages before it comes to an stop.

componcar.jpg

Its currently in a .63 OP6 turbine. Should make around 300rwkws, I'll be doing some harsh testings, hopefully it just work the way it is. Will be heading towards Status for some tuning coming week for some results. (yes I will set my rev limiter higher)