SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Stao, what's the main difference between the G1 - 4? If I have the G2 0.82 and am making 285rwkw on 15psi, I would expect similar on 17psi as above. Not that it's a bad thing at all :laugh: just curious as to my results compared to the above.

I guess G1-G4 's all got different wheel profiles and rated differently in HP, Lower HP rated turbo will produce better response. How ever most of our turbos are engineered specifically to what a customer's asking for, so its not really following the guided specs.

The twicked ATR43G3 is running a 58T 76mm which was custom made, it seems to flow lot more air down low in a .70 comp housing. It is interesting because larger comp housings has shown greater lagness in my previous testings but it seems to make the turbo more responsive with RB25s.

The twicked ATR43G3 is running a 58T 76mm which was custom made, it seems to flow lot more air down low in a .70 comp housing. It is interesting because larger comp housings has shown greater lagness in my previous testings but it seems to make the turbo more responsive with RB25s.

I believe mine had a 58T 76mm from memory, but with only a 0.5 front cover... May be interesting if I end up going a RB25NEO to see results with either my 0.63 or upgrade to a 0.84

Need a .82 rear for the RB25det Neo engines. You will find the .63 is restrictive up on the top.

Little more updates. This is the result from Harey. from PU high flow with a R34 GTST. Its got abit of exhust and intake restrictions. Final run of 280rwkws @ 17psi 98 fuel.

Sheet:

puhighflow279rwkw.jpg

puhighflow279rwkwboost.jpg

As some of yous already seen from the public thread, This is our updated 21U R33 GTST factory turbo high flow profile.

I did read many posts in regarding to high flowing with the factory 21U RB25det R33 turbine housings. I did some testing in it with a modified exhaust wheel, I like to share this information publicly and I believe this is the absolute max this thing can flow.

I also managed to hold 20psi flat with that small housing using a wastegate controller and a high pressure actuator on 98 fuel.

The max power it managed was a stunning 297rwkws when its cold, with final run of 273rwkws consistent. The little sucker was burning red hot.

273rwkwhf.jpg

357658boost.jpg

Need a .82 rear for the RB25det Neo engines. You will find the .63 is restrictive up on the top.

Little more updates. This is the result from Harey. from PU high flow with a R34 GTST. Its got abit of exhust and intake restrictions. Final run of 280rwkws @ 17psi 98 fuel.

Sheet:

post-a306975-279rwkw-dyno1.JPG

post-a306976-279rwkw-dyno2.JPG

As some of yous already seen from the public thread, This is our updated 21U R33 GTST factory turbo high flow profile.

I did read many posts in regarding to high flowing with the factory 21U RB25det R33 turbine housings. I did some testing in it with a modified exhaust wheel, I like to share this information publicly and I believe this is the absolute max this thing can flow.

I also managed to hold 20psi flat with that small housing using a wastegate controller and a high pressure actuator on 98 fuel.

The max power it managed was a stunning 297rwkws when its cold, with final run of 273rwkws consistent. The little sucker was burning red hot.

357658.jpg

357658boost.jpg

Video footage for all 3x runs are recorded:

video.JPG

I'm little bit concert with high back pressure. So this profile will not yet be commercially available after further testing and examination for component wear.

Why is the boost dropping off in the PU hiflow its 0.82 isnt it?

That would be from intake and exhaust restrictions and injector seal leakage. Also Trent didn't had too much time adjusting wastegate controller that night. Its getting back on the dyno tomorrow.

Why is the boost dropping off in the PU hiflow its 0.82 isnt it?

Yeah I am still sorting some things out. As Tao said lots more to try. We also just discovered the front injector is causing a boost leak so that will need to get fixed before any more testing. I will have more results next thursday.

We have a few more wastegate settings to try as well as dropping the exhaust as its suspected to be a bit restrictive.

That 279rwkw is actually at only 15.8psi so plenty left in it.

Its a bit different to Tao's demo car cause all these things are sorted and you get a direct comparison.

Yeah I am still sorting some things out. As Tao said lots more to try. We also just discovered the front injector is causing a boost leak so that will need to get fixed before any more testing. I will have more results next thursday.

We have a few more wastegate settings to try as well as dropping the exhaust as its suspected to be a bit restrictive.

That 279rwkw is actually at only 15.8psi so plenty left in it.

Its a bit different to Tao's demo car cause all these things are sorted and you get a direct comparison.

Fair enough look forward to the results.

Further updates:

This is the very first prototype of our Duel Ceramic Ball bearing turbo CHRA. Its running two air craft caged ceramic ball bearing cartridges in a fully CNC machined billet aluminum bearing casing. Its been then inserted into a GT28 bearing housing for water cooling ability. This turbo is oil and water cooled.

PICT0012.JPG

PICT0011.JPG

PICT0014.JPG

Short Video, span by a small compressor.

Above CHRA is made to suit a OP6 Rear housing for 500HP high flowing applications. Since OP6 housings are running short I will be testing it in a .63 ATR43 rear housing with a .70 Comp housing. Hopefully it works according to plan.

If they test to work 100% you'll be looking to spending about $1900 to build in any of the brand new ATR43 units or around $1600 with Kai high flows.

Also The high flow page has been updated. 2x New high flow profiles has been added.

Standard high flow options using standard housings:

21U R33 turbo: 240rwkws

OP6 R34 Turbo: 260rwkws

Kai High flow using standard housings:

21U R33 turbo: 270rwkws

OP6 R34 turbo: 290rwkws

PU high flow using .82 rear housing:

21U / OP6 turbo: 300rwkws

Detailed information is at our website:

http://www.digi-hardware.com/rb25t3hiflow.html

maybe these are becoming a little bit more expensive because they are bolt on items ( i think ) ? but u are correct u can buy garrett items for far less but these are not bolt on i guess :(

looks good stao,but wow the prices r gettin really high 4 a custom built turbo? :)

GCG charge about the same for a bb highflow, I wouldnt say it is high for what you are getting.

Can pay less for a genuine Garrett turbo

I really doubt this.