SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I think to sell to vl owners, you really need to sell it with a standard R33/r34 comp housing so it looks standard nissan , as i can tell you thats

what vl owners want as a hi-flow.....especially in states with the EPA.

Have you checked the actuator clearance to chassis rail yet?

As soon as you use a .70 T04s comp cover you might as well go straight to a 3540/G4 .82 turbo as even they spool from the

basement on a sohc rb30 with a auto and 2800/3000 converter

those two setups there are the standard vl thing.

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

This VLT had a the .60 based GT3076 machined in .63 stock housing with a spacer. The turbo exploded of course, and his rear housing was cracked all over. I ended up building a jig for his rear housing + dump pipe and made every thing new in the exact same position. Be interested to see what it makes after, will update once result sent in.

Trent just tuned a XR6 FG with our ATR45 turbo. Car made 400rwkws+ on 20psi E85, and 384rwkws on P98 fuel. Internally gated bolton.

6806_749033445140589_1883089160005563732

1919633_749033395140594_7335455583209472

I'm not 100% certain but that doesn't look like a 0.70 AR T04S compressor housing to me , the back plate doesn't look big enough in diameter and all the T04S back plates I've seen from Garrett were cast iron not aluminium for bush bearing cores - and the larger BB T4Rs ie P/60-1 and T04Z .

I suspect it is the relatively unknown 0.70 AR version of the T04B family which uses the standard T04B back plate .

The 0.70 AR B housing being a larger ratio would flow a bit more than the 0.60 AR version and not be as bulky as T04E or T04S compressor housings .

A .

Yes most of the the stuff are quite custom. The housing were made in castings, its then been machined to suit a range of wheels, back plates and bearing housings.The cold side doesn't affect performance as much as the hot side would. That G3 is using an an generic .70 casting, performance in between this, .50 and .60 T4 as well as T2x .60 are very similar with this particular wheel.

And Just bought a virgin 98 model GTR of a old guy. I will be doing a bit of RB26 turbo developments in the next few month. It is currently full stock, and very slow. I think my KIA is quicker at this stage :D

And any one is interested to buy my KIA and S14? I need some garage space. Thanks

Its been a good six month in to building and evaluating turbochargers for SR20det motors and I'm coming back to do further work on Rb engines. Except this time it is for Rb26DETT. I have purchased a fully stock 98 model GTR33 with 55,000KM from a 65 years old man as my new test rig. As for this evaluation I would prefer some thing some thing easy bolt on that produces reasonably good power and response, I will also look into possibilities of a single turbo that might fit factory twin exhaust manifolds.

Since the car is fully standard with a cat back exhaust only, I will be posting information on the parts that I might be getting for the modifications that I do, and effects of it in terms of power, response and drive ability. Hopefully my GTR venture will be smooth and successful.

gtrfront900.jpg

Stock standard engine bay:
enginebay900.jpg

Some interesting found. Its funny how the GTR has a twin entry air box, with one end capped off:
airpoxcap900.jpg

From the past few days of driving. Also been call a skyline, the drive ability is totally different to the GTST. It just doesn't feels to be the same car, and definitely fast for OEM spec.

I will be installing an Adaptronic Eselect ECU with larger aftermarket front pipes before initial dyno tune for some base results.

I have spent a reasonable amount of time reading up few member's GTR build ups. But please share experiences and post useful advises if you are experienced in modifying GTRs. Thank you.

• Like 1

Twin atr28ss2 will be easy 400-450kw or more

My brother road tuned his s13 with s15 VCt motor a few weeks ago with the atr28ss2

Dyno day yesterday at Unigroup so decided to see what it made

226kw @20psi by 3600rpm only Reving to 5000rpm as he had pinging issues so they didn't rev past 5000rpm looks promising response is very good but he decided to just switch over to e85 jungle juice as it will need a retune and to sort out the issue

Should be done it 2-3weeks but I'll get the current dyno sheet up tomorrow

Garretts base line is the R34 BB ceramic turbos and their first aftermarket one (GT2859R) uses a smaller 62T version of the usual 76T NS111 turbine . They also had smallish turbine housings similar to OE .

Not for the budget minded but BB centres seem to be the go in GTR turbos and I wouldn't go any other way given the effort to R&R RB26 twin turbos .

Obviously there is scope to improve on the cast compressors GTRs turbos have and any aero smarts with less inertia will help .

I wouldn't expect miracles with these cars given their 2568ccs and around 1500 Kgs to shift . GTRs would have to be the hardest of all Skylines to get good all round performance out of because they are the heaviest and have SFA more capacity and less than the usual valve train smarts to help out .

Probably the most important things standard ones have is small light internals turbos in reasonably small housings .

It's no great secret that a turbo engine relying on smallish turbo/s doesn't take very well to larger ones because the std ones were making a not real high tech low CR engine usable at round town speeds and revs .

Minimum friction and lightest internals is the way ahead in GTR turbos IMO .

A .

bravo sir.

i find my single spins up at 2k and hits full boost by 4. no idea what the timing are on a standard gtr. but i presume its around the same.

i personally dont want more power, but would love better response, and mid range.

but like i said. i dont hava gtr, just a gtr turbo. on a 1275 engine with 4 cylinders. :woot:

Little bit lolz. A ATR43G3 turbocharger I've built while ago ended up on an stock Rb20det. Then made 296rwkws at about 22psi of boost on pump 98 fuel. Never thought they could be making so much power in stock form

rb20deg297rwkw.jpg

car.jpg

Updated result from yesterday: 275 rwkw @ 20psi and 285 without air box lid and filter. R34 with SS2 on 98.

Changes since last run are a better actuator arm (thanks heaps Stao!!) and a Venom 5" 100cpsi cat. Very happy with it now.

Will post the dyno sheet when I'm back on the computer.

Updated result from yesterday: 275 rwkw @ 20psi and 285 without air box lid and filter. R34 with SS2 on 98.

Changes since last run are a better actuator arm (thanks heaps Stao!!) and a Venom 5" 100cpsi cat. Very happy with it now.

Will post the dyno sheet when I'm back on the computer.

How much power did an air filter cost?

Surely you will use a filter?

How much power did an air filter cost?

Surely you will use a filter?

Air box lid and filter cost 10 rwkw when comparing otherwise identical runs back to back.

And yes I'm running the full stock airbox, snorkel and a K&N panel filter on the street.