SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Also is this still correct? As i am going highmount i need to get a new oil feed line made.

so a -4 AN oil feed hose with no restrictor in it will be fine for the SS2?

Yep thats what you need

I can swap your current dump assembly with a Blanking plate for external gating. Just unbolt it and send it in when ready.

The oil line if its for a high mount you will need it to be in a meter long, the length will be a dash 4, no restrictors.

Not sure how everyone has good results with Five O 1200cc sidefeeds. I barely can get the car to idle unless it rich as shit.

(this is on 98RON, hoping on E85 it idles better as it requires more fuel)

On the upside, I've got plenty of fuel now. Gave it a few good hits at 1.4bar, and car pulls pretty hard. Hiring a dyno probably in a fortnight, let's see what she pumps out.

post-22311-14040907464716_thumb.jpg

If in doubt about the flow matching, just run the next size up drill bit through them mate. Sheelberight. :P

gahhh... you bastard LOL...

tempted to convert to top feed (yes yes, I should have listened).. however on a SR20DET they work well, this is probably due to head design.. RB seems to have more material in the middle of each intake ports hence a fire hydrant fuel injector doesn't "dribble" down properly.

Thanks stao

Drove my brothers s13 with the atr28ss2 on actuator pressure 15-16 psi and goes good but he has a s15 motor and VCt still not tuned yet soon

Might get mine tuned before him

Start to strip the head tomorrow

So old tech injectors still suck? ;)

hahahhaa... I bought some replacements (actually bought 2, 1x spare)

Stao upgrade me to a atr28ss2 as part of a evaluation test can wait to put it on

Was perfect timing as I needed to replace the headgasket on my sr20det

attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1404103991.742113.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1404104013.390620.jpg

man.. that looks sexy :)

Thanks stao

Drove my brothers s13 with the atr28ss2 on actuator pressure 15-16 psi and goes good but he has a s15 motor and VCt still not tuned yet soon

Might get mine tuned before him

Start to strip the head tomorrow

No worries. Personal opinion that is one of the best turbochargers I've trailed so far on the S14. Had another customer with a 180sx reported 280rwkws on P98 fuel with full boost by 4300RPMs. Will post result once its emailed through.

Some footages from John Reco. That is the World time attach, fastest lap of 1.05 sec.

Running 700cc injectors, PFC, Our high flowed 21U R33 turbo internally gated, E85 fuel, Tuned by Chequrered tuning, Making 310rwkws @ 20psi.

5F95EDA2-DB9F-4ED3-85D5-F9D250317AC3.jpg

Not sure how everyone has good results with Five O 1200cc sidefeeds. I barely can get the car to idle unless it rich as shit.

(this is on 98RON, hoping on E85 it idles better as it requires more fuel)

On the upside, I've got plenty of fuel now. Gave it a few good hits at 1.4bar, and car pulls pretty hard. Hiring a dyno probably in a fortnight, let's see what she pumps out.

is it only the 1200s that you find idle problems with? cause Ive got the 1000s in mine and even before a tune from just me setting the corrections it idled perfect like stock injectors but Im also on e85 so that might be helping things.

is it only the 1200s that you find idle problems with? cause Ive got the 1000s in mine and even before a tune from just me setting the corrections it idled perfect like stock injectors but Im also on e85 so that might be helping things.

I've installed a similar set, however 1000cc on a SR20DET and it idled and drove well without missing - although on the rich side.

With the same set, but in 1200cc on a RB25DET they're horrible!

I would imagine on E85 it would be better as you require more fuel on idle.

Probably time to man up and go to united next weekend lol

The 1200cc on E85 worked fine on my car, apart from one seized up.

Alternatively check out Deschwerks 1000ccs. I've used three sets of their injectors and sold many with the KIA kits to China, no issues so far.

Like I've been told previously by Unigroup on s14/s15 sr20det engines the highflows have a chance of working as it hits the head ports and sort of atomizes the fuel where as on a s13 sr20det it's aimed right at the intake valves and spray like a garden hose on jet mode

May be similar on a rb25 depending on where the injectors aim

Yea they do work under wot but cruise and light throttle and idle all will be bad aswell as fuel economy

Bad enough it drinks more e85 than pump98

This will make it worse

Edited by hy_rpm

The 1200cc on E85 worked fine on my car, apart from one seized up.

Alternatively check out Deschwerks 1000ccs. I've used three sets of their injectors and sold many with the KIA kits to China, no issues so far.

Have you ever ran them on 98 though?

E85 "should" mask up the garden hose effect as up to 30% more fuel is required to idle, not to mention more timing too.

I had similar AFR issues on my mate's S15. After visiting united and me tweaking his tune the injectors do exactly what I tell them to do (massive thread on nissansilvia.com) however without the misfire and stumbling on idle and light cruise.

On a RB25DET though they're a croc of shit with 98RON - I can lean them out but the car misses like a 2 stroke mower. Had to pump so much latency into the settings the car now just idles about 12.5 but at least it's not stumbling around.

I read up on NASIOC and guys have the same issue with these injectors on their EJs, they just can't seem to have any control with normal pump fuel and however success rate increases with E85.

So time for E85 and bye bye whatever economy I had lol