SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Fill cylinder with fuel - cam tries to open valve - bent valve stem ........ would be the logic, however with enough fuel to do that, you would instead bend a rod first.

on the money!

and yet, I am order 2x new 1200cc grinded down, drilled out JECS injectors from Five O Motorsport (being a shit box R33 GTS-t I cannot justify a new plenum, top feeds, external reg etc..)

Well I fitted a brand new set of 1000cc to my mate's S15 and road tuned them for him.. works well enough, however just can't get them to idle at stoich. The best I could do was 14.2, but with electrical load the AFRs would drop to 12.5.

I understand they have rubbish control at min. pulsewidth however with E85 that problem "should" disappear as you require 30% more fuel to hit stoich.

Lesson learnt, don't buy used & high flowed/milled/shaven/drilled injectors.. new is ok.

Just out of interest could anyone give me a rough idea of the weight of an SS2? I bought one a while back and it's at the post office for pickup but I'm working. My step dad said he'd get it but he has a VERY bad back and I don't want to risk any damage.

He thinks it should be fine but I though I'd get an estimate first

Just out of interest could anyone give me a rough idea of the weight of an SS2? I bought one a while back and it's at the post office for pickup but I'm working. My step dad said he'd get it but he has a VERY bad back and I don't want to risk any damage.

He thinks it should be fine but I though I'd get an estimate first

• 2 weeks later...

Been quite busy lately, posting up some dates.

This is an other result from an ATR28SS2, Customer reported initial run of 279rwkws @ 22psi, out of a factory SR20det motor with Tomei step 1 drop in cams.

Final result is 261rwkws @ 21psi and 273rwkws @ 23psi retarded 3 degrees for the longevity of the motor.

Dynoed on pump 98 fuel, 20psi was reached @ 3900RPMs.

atr28ss2power.jpg

atr28ss2boost.jpg

Hey stao,

My SS2 was internal gate, now going external gate. Am i best to buy a blanking backing plate from you or should i buy an actual external gate rear housing? I remember someone saying the other day the the cut out for the IWG flapper would affect rear housing flow or something similar? As im running it on an RB30DET flow is already going to be an issue so trying to make the best of this situation :)

Cheers mate.

Mainly its out of the same jig as mine and it worked ok on my car. Can be modified with no problems.

Water is in m18x1.5

Oil is in m10x1.25

Do NOT use oil restrictor on the normal versions of the ss turbos.

Merry xmas every one.

Also is this still correct? As i am going highmount i need to get a new oil feed line made.

so a -4 AN oil feed hose with no restrictor in it will be fine for the SS2?