SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

First of all thank every one for their support. I will keep on trying producing even better performing turbochargers while keeping them affordable.

I'm currently working with an engineers on the CNC program for the compressor and bearing housing machining based on a TD06 compressor housing and bearing housing castings. Once the machine operates it will be able to knock close to $100 off the cost and it will be passed onto our customers.

Some updates. This is in relation to the OP6 and 21U ball bearing high flows. For people whom prefer BB centers.

front.jpg

Its been in my car for a while been through a number of high boost dyno runs and I'm pretty confident that this version will last and work fine. How ever I'm unable able to clock alot of KMs on my test cars.

I currently have two of those CHRAs built, I will do them at the same cost as the standard high flow. Please PM or call if any one is interested to evaluate, preferably some one use it in a daily that can clock a lot of KMs. In case of failure I rebuild them to standard bush high flow.

Currently working on a new prototype of T28 very specifically for S14 and S15 VTC SR20det motors, Will update date details once made working.

Best to upgrade induction and exhaust first then play with the EBC as the end result will vary.

I'm posting up an promotion on our new ATR43SS-2 internally gated bolton turbochargers so more people can enjoy our latest development. The Retail price on this item is currently $1450, you can have own them now for $999 including braided oil feeding line. The Special offer is for 20 units only. That is currently the best performing RB25det bolton turbocharger.

comp.JPG

Product details and Dyno results are:

http://www.hypergearturbos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=72&product_id=81

Great pricing Stao, very tempted. I'm currently using one of your 3 years old G3 high flow making 285rwkws on pump, can more power can be made with SS2?

Took my 180sx to wsid with sr20det with the ss1.5 and .86ar currently at 266rwkw

Ran a best of 12.3@122mph with a shit 2.1 60ft

Beat my last pb of 12.4@120mph with the atr28g2

Going to test it again after I put in a 3inch intake and walbro 450lph pump and a touch up tune

Hopefully will get closer to the 11s and I will also try it with the et streets as I only ran street semis

But had the et streets on when I ran the 12.4 with the atr28g2

• Like 1

Hy_rpm: That is some excellent results. :thumbsup:

GeorgesR34: Overall the new SS2 do have a larger turbine and a more efficient compressor. How ever used as a bolton turbo with factory manifold internally gated, I don't think it will make a lot more power then what you currently have. Its a combination of what every thing can flow judging the characteristic of the turbocharger it self.

I'm trying to work out Total air flow for individual turbocharger on complete setups based on HP at moment, im getting some unrealistic figure and its kicking my head in.

I would like to come up graphs that contain specific air flow Vs RPM of the engine used for evaluation based on different HP levels. That way, we can see how much air each engine package is moving at given power level using different combination of turbochargers. Prediction of HP that way would be much more accurate. It would also allow every one to see the affects of each and every aftermarket parts installed in terms of total volume of air shifted. On the end, with all data organized, we can calculate the final outcome based on the turbocharger used in combination with aftermarket parts used.

We can also calculate based on the amount of fuel injected in combination of AFR to figure out how much air was burnt also. That would give an pretty accurate determination on the percentage differences of dyno outputs.

What I have is the details of engine (RB25det or SR20det), HP, AFR, Boost levels, injector sizes, RPMs. From the Adaptronic ECU files, I also have the injector VE used.

If any one had some experiences in working outs, please share some lights.

Airflow measurement could be taken with a mass air sensor placed either before the turbo or after the intercooler .

Inlet and exhaust manifold pressure measurement at least compares what's going on across the engine and should show up gate performance .

Turbo speed sensors tell you exactly where and under what conditions a turbo spins/spools up .

Turbo tacho may be expensive but the rest not too bad .

Cheers A .

Airflow measurement could be taken with a mass air sensor placed either before the turbo or after the intercooler .

Inlet and exhaust manifold pressure measurement at least compares what's going on across the engine and should show up gate performance .

Turbo speed sensors tell you exactly where and under what conditions a turbo spins/spools up .

Turbo tacho may be expensive but the rest not too bad .

Cheers A .

Thanks for the advise. How ever installing sensors can only determine the amount of air flow based on my particular engine package. I'm more interested on formulas calculate air flow from on every one elses engine packages using data that is available on the dyno sheet and ECU files.

I believe the best way of doing it is by calculating based on the amount of fuel burnt at given RPM and give AFR. I'm currently using the fuel injection formula calculating mass of air required to burn given amount of fuel required at certain AFR at given engine cycle. It didn't work out well unless I'm making errors. Have you or any one tried this method?

Plastty: Yes, I can high flow them to any of the ATR28 profiles, bigger they are the laggier they be comes. Alternatively use an high mounted SS2, probably work out at similar cost and way better performance.

Plastty: Yes, I can high flow them to any of the ATR28 profiles, bigger they are the laggier they be comes. Alternatively use an high mounted SS2, probably work out at similar cost and way better performance.

its not for a gtr but custom application.

There you go. High mount ss2 on the micra!

LoL worked extremely well on my steam pipe low mounted KIA SUV with 50mm external.

its not for a gtr but custom application.

in this case yes, I can high flow them for $800 each.

in this case yes, I can high flow them for $800 each.

im only using one.... ill see how the stock one goes with e85 at 13psi and may be in touch....

Few more updates. This might be relevant as it is the current version of ATR43SS1PU model for RB25det. Moved on to SR20det. and the final result was maxing out at 275rwkws. It was using Caltax P98 fuel.

It have resulted identical numbers to what the same turbocharger was performing on my RB25det test, except the same turbocharger maxed out at much lower boost pressure with much better boost response.

Result:
power.jpg

boost.jpg

The AFR curve
afr.jpg

Tuning data:
timingmap.jpg

Fuel table
fuelmap.jpg

Customer's result from JZX100 Chaser. 1JZGTE VVTI Auto. Our standard profile high flow of factory CT15B turbocharger, with fuel and ecu mods.

272rwkws @ 19psi Pump 98 fuel

275rwkwauto.jpg

boost.JPG