SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

What's the deal with people taking blurry cropped photos!?!

Was there only one shot left on the film?

The conspiracy theorist in me says that if the photo was clear it would show 12.8 !

Either way 120mph is a great result especially for that turbo.

Seems his 60ft is 2.5, maybe he didn't stall it up or had bad traction? Definitely a 12.0 in it if the 60ft just comes down to 2.0

• Like 1

Not sure what it might be in this case. Same customer posted up a bluer photo of his quarter result on facebook. I will update an more accurate result once I get a responds.

The new wheel combination seems to be working nicely inside 1JZGTE VVTi CT15B housings as well.

Latest result:

Toyota Soarer

1JZGTE VVTi Manual

Car has 650 cc injectors

PFC ECU

Front mount cooler

3 inches turbo back exhaust

Aftermarket exhaust manifold

3 inches metal induction pipe with pod filter.

Most power made was 312rwkws @ 23psi, Left on 293rwkws @ 20psi. Car makes 200rwkws by 4000RPMs with excellent on road driving ability.

soarerenginebay.jpg

1jzgtehighflow.jpg

Got my new apexi intake today measured 3.5inches

post-79144-13995375576569_thumb.jpg

That and a new walbro 450lph pump to replace my old dw300 will hopefully see my ss1.5 sr20 at 280kw

As we tested fuel pressure and it was dropping 6-10 psi up top on the dyno as I'm running a extra bar of fuel pressure over std and my fuel pump can't keep up

Afr were going from 12 to 12.5 as fuel pressure dropped so may gain 5-10kw if we can keep afr constant and Tao tested the 2.5inch intake vs 3inch was 13kw

Will get it retuned in a few months after I buy a new fuel pump

I'm on nismo 740cc side feed injectors and trying to squeeze the most out of then as I'm on e85

43psi base + 14.7psi ontop of base and 25psi boost that's 83psi fuel pressure so flow from the dw300 will drop drastically

my dw300 and bosch 1000s are also leaning out up top on 22psi and base fuel pressure. maybe a walbro would be a good upgrade for me to fix that problem?

You have to get a fuel pressure gauge to test it under load on the dyno to be sure no use guessing

also you have to make sure it's getting full voltage under load but if it's rewired shouldn't be a problem

Yeah is still slighty down on power to Tao but new intake and pump should put it closer to Tao results

Also most dynos vary abit but a true indication of the power will be down the quarter mile which I'll be testing soon

So far at 250kw trapped 120mph

260kw trapped 122mph

I'm going to test it as is now and after I put on the new intake and pump

Some results sent in from B-Rice:

This is standard 21U high flow on E85 managing 292rwkws on E85 fuel and factory actuator:

Clutch is slipping little up top, and I believe an high pressure actuator should be able to hold boost straight with a gain of another 30kws.

boost.jpg

A result sent in from an SS1PU customer. This is the latest version also that has a different compressor that is engineered to hold boost better and more top end.

It is running on E85 maxing out fuel pump. Peek of 301rwkws @ 17psi. With plenty of mid range.

From customer's feed back letter:

R34 GTT (Stock Motor)

Supporting Mods
Blitz FMIC Return Flow
1000cc Injectors
Standard Airbox (Panel Filter)
3inch Bellmouth Full Exhaust
Z32 AFM
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
SS1PU (latest model)
Scotty's Alloy Intake
CALTEX E-Flex
301.8 Rwkw (18psi peak, drops off to 17psi holds well)

atr43ss1pu.jpg

I did a rough overlay of these results with B-rice's

It looks to me like the highflow r34 turbo is one of the top performers in the 300rwkw E85 range

Unless im a total twat and have farked this up haha

vaNxuKc.jpg

Actually, I think it was a R33 21U high flowed turbo. The updated high flow probably works out to be similar to a SS1PU.

There are two profiles for the OP6, we can still use the old configuration which keeps it responsive and maxing out towards 260rwkws while the later configurations would be maxing towards 300rwkws with more lag.

I'm working on a new version of high flow for Rb20det motors. The expected out come will be very similar to a 2530. Will update photos as its been completed.