SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Received my billet ss3 for Hypergear a few weeks ago

20140411_133557_zps91b9bd62.jpg

Can not wait to finish fitting it up to this 58,000k originally bone stock auto motor

20131115_143511_zpsbadd9b75.jpg

20131120_001117_zps633777e4.jpg

And run it it my daily driven and weekend tracked Silvia

IMG_164430698265958_zps31aa830c.jpg

IMG_164384840966154_zps604e7a0b.jpg

Will update again when the results are in, excited is an understatement I have big hopes for this package

• Like 1

what could i use on a rb20 thatl give me most power with full boost by around 4500? could i get 450rwhp with full boost by 4500?

is there a rule i can use to covert your rb25 spoolage to rb20? extra 1000 rpm maybe?

Generally I see Rb20det engines using the same turbocharger been 1000RPMs laggier then as if its used on a RB25det engine.

So the SS2 Alpha mentioned above should be making full boost around 4500RPMs on a Rb20det, power based on same boost is about 10% less up to certain point that RB20dets no longer makes power while RB25dets keeps on making power.

I email'd Kyle (owner of 6BOOST) and sent him some pictures and measurements of the manifold. His response was that all manifolds come off the same jig and mine isnt any different to a standard item. He also said

"At a guess id say the hypergear turbine housing is bigger or the offset of the scroll closer to the flange centerline making it bulge out the rocker cover side more and hit. Borrow a proper Garrett turbo off someone and try it.

Regards, Kyle"
49LqPls.jpg
gFwIJi8.jpg
To527x5.jpg

Bugger....out of interest is that a new manifold or used?

Bugger....out of interest is that a new manifold or used?

Brand new, completely unused. It should be known that i bought it off another member of this forum unused as well, not direct from 6boost. Just my luck though :(

Anyone have a pic of there 6boost on cause from pics the angle of the manifold definitely doesn't look right.

That's what i was thinking, that's why i asked for pics. I was looking for your engine bay manuel but couldn't find it, i'm sure there is a pic in this thread somewhere.

I did toy with the idea of an angled spacer, or cutting the flange off and remounting at a different angle but the inside is all die grinded smooth at the collector and its all really nice. Would rather not do that but if i have to.......

Actually an angles spacer would suck as the nutss would contact the turbo at the wrong angle.

Cut off re weld, has to be done.

It can be ground again smooth.

Edited by superben

The thickness of the flange to the head and what appears to be some scale on the manifold made me think it may be. An easy option would be bolt the manifold to a dummy plate, grab an oxy and lever it 5-10mm. Heat the right places and science will do much for the work for you. Much easier than cutting and welding

that sux balls dude, but superben is on the money...it can be made pretty again...just cut and reweld the flange at the right angle....then ...make it pretty and make ceramic coat it.

Brand new, completely unused. It should be known that i bought it off another member of this forum unused as well, not direct from 6boost. Just my luck though :(

That's what i was thinking, that's why i asked for pics. I was looking for your engine bay manuel but couldn't find it, i'm sure there is a pic in this thread somewhere.

Yeah my pics is here but my manifold is brae not 6boost but here it is anyway.

post-50426-0-76470800-1399292333_thumb.jpg

Yeah my pics is here but my manifold is brae not 6boost but here it is anyway.

Decided not to paint my cam covers blue today thinking it would be too try hard and wouldn't look too good so I went with black and then I see this picture. Damn you, that's so nice! lol

Had my rb20 tuned yesterday with Unigroup.

OP6 Highflow.

240rwkw, 20 psi, full boost around 4800rpm. 98 fuel.

Ran out of time to adjust cam gears, tuner thinks he can get approx 500rpm better response.

Car still uses stock r32 airbox, return flow cooler, engine bay looks stock.

Comes on hard, is lots of fun to drive.

Car makes some cool spool noises from inside :) Very happy so far.

Will post dyno graph up tonight, left it in the car.

4800rpm from an OP6 highflow on an RB20 is fairly reasonable I believe, also making the right power for a bolt on for an RB20.

If Yavuz thinks he can dial it down another 500rpm and not lose any power that would make for a pretty good bolt on result. Props.

Nice power, that's gotta be fun - though 4800rpm is pretty nasty, even for an RB20.... hopefully that spool can be improved as suggested as it's not that flash at the moment at all, imho.

Hmm, I don't think its that bad man. A stock OP6 is pretty laggy on a 20, so I don't anticipate a highflow to be much better.

Not to say that 4800rpm is great spool but I do think its on par.