SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I test fitted my Kando/Hypergear td06 last night.

The fly cuts on the turbine housing aren't wide enough, so the nuts foul when trying to tighten the turbo to the manifold

I have 3/8 UNF studs in the manifold, so the nuts are 5/8" (15.87mm) across the flats.

Also had to enlarge the holes a little...looks like it was designed around pissy 8mm studs

10mm might have just gone through, but after measuring it, the hole centres aren't square on both the turbo and manifold...by maybe 0.5mm...but enough that it required some massaging...and still needs a little more.

Going to enlarge the holes to 12mm and figure out a way to make the nuts work...cant even fit washers on there

Add in another update. This is our latest TD06SL2 based turbocharger, the SLSS-2 in 10cm turbine.

This particular one has the latest low friction trust setup, with slightly larger compressor inducer and slightly more aggressive compressor blade profile. It should be maxing out around 390rwkws mark working with a RB25det engine on E85.

It is made to produce more power, with better response and much better reliability to some of the T67 copies

Will update results shortly.

front.JPG

rear.JPG

How much for this turbo? It's almost time for me to buy one

• Like 1

Yes it is lol

The cut on the turbine housing is made for 14mm nuts.

Cheers. Will grab some 9/16 od ones and modify some washers.

Will be all good :)

Very happy with it for the price

The oil feed is M10x1.25 and Oil drain measured from center of the bolt holes is 1.5 inches. Water is M14x1.5.

Just a quick correction on this

oil feed is m12x1.25 :)

Yes it is lol

The cut on the turbine housing is made for 14mm nuts.

Awesome! Getting so keen. Now I just have to find someone who will fly to darwin and tune my car for me :(

Add in another update. This is our latest TD06SL2 based turbocharger, the SLSS-2 in 10cm turbine.

This particular one has the latest low friction trust setup, with slightly larger compressor inducer and slightly more aggressive compressor blade profile. It should be maxing out around 390rwkws mark working with a RB25det engine on E85.

It is made to produce more power, with better response and much better reliability to some of the T67 copies

Will update results shortly.

front.JPG

rear.JPG

What is the inducer/exducer size of the compressor? I am about to buy a new manifold so no longer restricted by Trust 3 bolt flanges on my TD based turbos

I'm interested to know how these compare to GT3076Rs and if BB centres are an option . I still think the gap is a bit wide between GTX3067R and GTX3071R and while the HTAs look good local service isn't .

Tao is that comp housing a 0.70 AR T04B or T04S sized one ?

Also how do those TD06SL2 turbines compare to GT30s in your opinion ?

Cheers A .