SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

sr can be very different depending on cams. On this particular car yes. But either way they all made more power and way better response then the td05H 18g copy that was originally on there.

Car was tuned on a roller dyno with proper configurations.

it still runs off stock 2.5inches induction. I have a feeling it might be restrictive.

While we are on Sr results, I can't remember if I shared this in here or not.

Rps13

S14 motor, with VCT active. Gtx3071 0.82, 6boost, 44mm tial, un1cams.

Boosts are 16/18psi Stock motor, incl head gasket, and it's on p98.

post-76224-13982972611519_thumb.jpg

^ Nice, GTScoTT may sex wee! Would be a little meaningful with rpm though, silly rolling road dynos :(

Will see how the atr28ss2 does on my brothers s13 on pump 98
If that goes well I might be intrested in upgrading

I'm curious - I notice the 18G and your current turbo made almost exactly the power, and you mentioned previously you had full boost by 4000rpm with the 18G.... how does the .86 compare with the 18G in terms of response?

^ Nice, GTScoTT may sex wee! Would be a little meaningful with rpm though, silly rolling road dynos :(

I'm curious - I notice the 18G and your current turbo made almost exactly the power, and you mentioned previously you had full boost by 4000rpm with the 18G.... how does the .86 compare with the 18G in terms of response?

Yup, Scott and I have been chatting away about setups... :)

We only revved it to about 7300rpm if that helps.

It's not too laggy, but it does catch me out now and then on the track getting out of corners. It's mainly a track car.

It's feels as with the 18g it was a big surge of power after 4000rpm

And not much before than

Where as with the ss1.5 it just comes in more linear and smoother power delivery from 3000rpm up but there is no big surge of power

The way the power comes on with the ss1.5 it will be easier to put down but the 18g snaps you back in the seat more once on power

That'll probably be partly just the boost curve of the 18G going up higher in the midrange as much as anything, though the big a/r you have now probably also plays into it a bit. Would have been interesting to have seen how the 16G6 would have gone, we're making similar power to you with one but it's also in the TD06 sized housing - have suspected for a long time (as Stao referred to with his turbo too) the T28 bolton housing and associated bits are probably a bit of a restriction at this level.

Another update this is my latest ATR43SS2 turbocharger.Compare to the current one. Compressor inducer has been increased by 2mms, while the turbine inducer and exducer has been increased by 3mms. This particular one is expected to be maxed out at around 390rwkws on E85.

comp.JPG

Hey Stao, Whats the advantages of the new SS2 ball bearing version over the older journal bearing one? I bought mine mid last year and it is going onto my RB2530 so wondering if its worth getting you to upgrade it while its off.

The newer version has a larger 63mm turbine and a larger compressor inducer. It will make more power.

With the ball bearing part, well it does not make a real lot of differences. Just prettier to look at when I flick it with my fingers.

I was talking to lithium

But the the 2.5 inch comp housing can't be too restrictive as the 180sx before me on the dyno had the 2.5inch bolt on comp housing with the hks2540 and the pulled 280 odd kW and backed it off to 274kw on just 22psi cause the injectors were maxxed and same as a s15 with a greddy t518z made 281kw

The atr28ss2 should make Simlar power to the gtx3071r on pump 98 but with less lag

The same lag I got now with the ss1.5 but 280 odd kw on pump 98

Well, i can run a 2.5inches pipe to it and find out i guess.

Either way. Assume if you had enough fuel and has larger size cams, the ss15 should set around the 280rwkws mark on your car.

Building one more prototype working with the .64 rear.

This thread is already hard enough to follow, but now with the sr20 results in thr mix it's super hard.

Perhaps there should be a separate sr20 results thread.

• Like 1

Yeah tuner did say there was proberly 5-10kw in it if I replaced the fuel pump to a walbro 460lph

But I can't justify spending $500 plus for the retune and fuel pump to gain 5-10kw

if I was to get a retune I want to gain atleast 20-30kw

But I need to upgrade injectors and fuel pump and turbo if I was to stay e85

But if I stayed with p100 100octane fuel I might get away with just a larger pump and the turbo upgrade which will proberly be my next stage in a few months

The 2.5 inches skyline induction pipe in comparison to a proper 3 inch metal induction pipe was huge in difference. The S14.5 that I currently have also has a 4 inch metal induction pipe.

I have seen some 2.5 to 3 inch expander pipe. Those might comes handy.