SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Yeah hopefully does it easy

Actually while I'm on the phone for work, on here and playing with the gate

Whats the best way to plumb it up?

It also looks adjustable, yes or no? Would be handy if I could set the boost via the gate instead of either trying to find my Greddy E-01 or buying a new one.

Nice result Jared, Are you sticking with 98?

Will prob stick with 85.

Get a better fuel pump. Jump to ~18-20 psi and see what happens.

I may need to lose the nistune, tuner is saying it a tad hard to work with at this power

Hah, i kinda launched it as that run i was waiting for so long because a Camaro broke down and they lost power to timing lights.
So i just gunned it.

Heres me beating a 585 hp f6 (

I think he backed off, as the next time i went up against him he beat me by half a car length.

Any dyno reading from that tune? The SS2 on Jared's car is the Black edition, with the latest compressor and larger turbine. It should be making power easier then the previous version.

A result sent in from an SS1PU customer. This is the latest version also that has a different compressor that is engineered to hold boost better and more top end.

It is running on E85 maxing out fuel pump. Peek of 301rwkws @ 17psi. With plenty of mid range.

From customer's feed back letter:

R34 GTT (Stock Motor)

Supporting Mods
Blitz FMIC Return Flow
1000cc Injectors
Standard Airbox (Panel Filter)
3inch Bellmouth Full Exhaust
Z32 AFM
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
SS1PU (latest model)
Scotty's Alloy Intake
CALTEX E-Flex
301.8 Rwkw (18psi peak, drops off to 17psi holds well)

atr43ss1pu.jpg

Any dyno reading from that tune? The SS2 on Jared's car is the Black edition, with the latest compressor and larger turbine. It should be making power easier then the previous version.

A result sent in from an SS1PU customer. This is the latest version also that has a different compressor that is engineered to hold boost better and more top end.

It is running on E85 maxing out fuel pump. Peek of 301rwkws @ 17psi. With plenty of mid range.

From customer's feed back letter:

R34 GTT (Stock Motor)

Supporting Mods

Blitz FMIC Return Flow

1000cc Injectors

Standard Airbox (Panel Filter)

3inch Bellmouth Full Exhaust

Z32 AFM

Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

SS1PU (latest model)

Scotty's Alloy Intake

CALTEX E-Flex

301.8 Rwkw (18psi peak, drops off to 17psi holds well)

atr43ss1pu.jpg

Is that wheelspin or is it an auto?

It is a manual. Don't know about wheels spinning, this is a responsive turbo that reached 20psi by 3500rpms while tested on my car.

The older versions has a boost tapper behavior up top maxing towards 260rwkws, I have had that fixed, also resulted in greater top end power. Pulse racing has sent in a feed back mentioning it is the best bolton turbo he ever had on dyno.

Another update this is my latest ATR43SS2 turbocharger.Compare to the current one. Compressor inducer has been increased by 2mms, while the turbine inducer and exducer has been increased by 3mms. This particular one is expected to be maxed out at around 390rwkws on E85.

comp.JPG

Ball bearing version of above SS2 turbocharger. Its now fitted into my KIA.

ss2.JPG

Very tight engine bay.

ss2enginebay.JPG

Hopefully making 220fwkws on unopened NA engine with stock auto. will update result once tuned.

Just re-cap.

Its a 2009 Kia sportage, factory G4GC 10:1 compression engine, Auto.

Return flow cooler

650cc injectors

Adaptronic E420D ecu

HPVA 50mm external gate

Brae Manifold

3inches turbo back exhaust.

Currently pulling 200fwkws on E85 at 14psi.

• Like 1

man that ball bearing version of the SS2 looks awesome, keeps spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning.. can't say the journal one does that haha

Oh yeah, been touching up my tune, here's my map (for those DIYers who are interested).

Can't seem to squeeze anymore out of the stock injectors, boost now at 1.2bar with SS2, externally gated.

Pulls like a freight train in 3rd, and I'm able to get full boost in 5th at 3600rpm :)

post-22311-0-80353000-1397783952_thumb.png