SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Yes definitely can. Its not so much of a turbine wheel, the rear housing doesn't have enough materials in side allowing the correct blade radius. I'm in the process of custom making a T3 .58 turbine in to a SR's T28 pattern. Once proven then we can technically custom any T3x printed turbine housings and use any of the customized wheels made so far.

Further evaluation based on the ATR28SS2 Based on a s14 sr20det with bc stage 2 cams, int gate and 98 fuel

comp.jpg

I've kept the compressor and grinned down the trim of exhaust wheel radius, So now its the biggest exhaust wheel that can be fitted into a .64 turbine housing with the correct blade radius inside turbine housing.

Car made a final of 308rwkws on pump 98 fuel, and 20psi made by 4000RPMs. This is an excellent turbo, managed to take timing and held boost pretty flat as internal gate. Doesn't chock the engine, no power tapering in upper rev, and drives very nicely on road. On paper it was identical in response to a GT3071 in T3 .63 turbine, make 30 extra kws, and direct bolt on.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

20psi by 4250rpm and 292rwkw is a very impressive result

Spewing I already swapped my ss1.5 to .86ar and booked a tune for Tuesday should have waited

I think that turbo is maxxed now as on 25psi it only picked up 14kw from 5psi extra but still the ultimate bolt on lowmount turbo for sr so far as it's making gtx3071r power but more responsive by 250rpm

A gtx3071r is usually at 20psi by 4500rpm

All you need is to machine up a t28 bolt on fr compressor cover and will become a full bolt on turbo and look std but pumps out 300kw

Should sell like hot cakes

Now you should enable VCt and unleash the power with e85

Or is VCt active now ?

The compressor is maxed, and the turbine is just right for this compressor. Its is a perfectly matched turbo flow wise.

I had a closer look, it reached 24psi by 4150, 20psi was at 4050RPMs. It is currently the most responsive turbo for any thing that made this sort of power internally gated on Trent's dyno.

boostmarked.jpg

Car is now with VCT enabled. Can probably reach 340rwkws on E85.

25psi is a MEGA amount of boost on 98. What injectors are in this motor?

My GTX will be finalised soon and I will most likely be making a road trip to Melbourne. I will have to stop in for a comparison run ;)

Tao that's looking similar in size to Garretts GTX3067R comp wheel and housing wise . Does anyone have graphs of the baby GT30 on an SR20 ?

I really want to see someone use a copy of a TR30R turbine , NS111 60mm 76T 9 blade , since the pricks at Garrett won't use it in production turbochargers .

A .

I have original's GT3071's result from this car:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/page-457

Its not running VTC, so with VTC off those two has the same response. Based on same boost level the SS2 have made an extra 35kws.

Here's a Rb25det Auto Skyline tuned by DVSJez yesterday based on a bolton version of an ATR43SS2. made 271rwkws @ 20psi with a very quite and restrictive exhaust. Still excellent result for Auto:

271rwkwsstagea.jpg

just wanted to say thanks to Stao from Hypergear for my hiflowed r33 turbo he did for me 3 or so months ago which still is going great with no troubles thanks heaps, and soon I'll be geting more work done to my 32 and tuned by dr drift.

But it's not, is it. The dyno only calculates RPM from the diff ratio correct? The stally would have it on much earlier than it should be due to slip, unless it was locked...

Probably best get Jez's input about the dyno. Its on his and my facebook page (click on banner below). The owner did mention the car is very drive able. Not sure if this is a GTS-4, because the customer mentions AWKWs instead of RWKWs.

just wanted to say thanks to Stao from Hypergear for my hiflowed r33 turbo he did for me 3 or so months ago which still is going great with no troubles thanks heaps, and soon I'll be geting more work done to my 32 and tuned by dr drift.

Cool, Sam is a good tuner and knows what he's doing, please post result once tune is complete. Cheers.

Got 355 HP atw with a 15 minute tune after having fuel pressure problems for 3 days, replaced fuel pump and started working.

355HP with the SS2 got me just under 240km/h in a 1000m run.

Will be gunning for over 400 next month.

e85

16 PSI

255 walbro

1000cc ev14s

External Gate

For comparison,

My atr43g2.5 made 340 with 22 psi 98 fuel

Edited by jay-rod