SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The ss15 rb20 high flow runs a 63mm turbine which is some thing ive recently made upgrading the ones in the ss2. I didnt think it was wise running a 72mm turbine which is what i usually use in rb25det highflows, as it might be too laggy on the rb20.

Compressor is ss15 67mm, that was tested and perfect for 250rwkws, that is pretty comfortable for this turbine to handle. So should make good power and not too laggy for the road.

The ss2 t28 is due for dyno tomorrow. I will enable vtc also, will post results once complete.

Made 297rwkws on 22psi On pump 98 fuel. Compressor maxed out. Turbine had alot more in it. How ever its gettng too laggy for what i originally wanted and i think i know just why.

Will upload result later on.

Here is the power reading for today.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Peek power of 297rwkws P98 fuel is only at 21psi of boost. How ever 20psi is by 4750 indicate some thing is not right.

After having a closer look, it appears the small T2x turbine housings are not very good taking any thing bigger then a 56mm turbine. As there is no more materials left covering the exducer radius, which just made the inducer gap into the blade height. It worked identically to as if I'm using a huge turbine blade that has a inducer area of some thing of 20mms. That have explains why the GT3071 worked horribly in side a .64 T2x turbine compare to as if it is in a .63 T3x turbine.

Large turbine end have made an very happy engine, taking boost and extra timing no worries.

I'm going to make an customized T3x geometry turbine housing into a T2x print, and re-evaluate using the same chra. Photos will be posted as project progresses.

Thinking of making a turbocharger out of this turbine wheel for my R33:

largeturbine.jpg

:w00t: Actually it was for an 1600HP marine engine.

I'm going to try how the .86ar goes on my ss1.5 then

Hopefully still get fullboost by 4-4300rpm and gain 20kw from more timing and boost

Going to install it on the weekend and tune maybe 2-3 weeks as it easter holidays and I'll get a dyno sheet overlaying the atr28g2/ss1.5 64ar and ss1.5 86ar

Interesting times Tao , it's about time someone delved into turbines and housings to unchain us from Garretts aging GT30 turbine variations .

You seem to be using quite large turbines for your compressors Tao , is there any chance of finding and using something a bit lighter and more open bladed like the GT28 turbine only larger and in similar trim sizes ?

Cheers A .

Hello Stao,

Regarding the RB20 SS1.5 Hiflow, just so I have all the figures correct....

You're saying the compressor exducer is 67mm and the inducer is about 50mm?

While the turbine exducer is 63mm and the inducer is 58mm?

What would be the turbine housings A/R .46?

Regards, Graham.

Edited by E-HCR32

Installed the .86ar to my ss1.5 to my sr20det

Definately feels alil doughy in the lower revs compared to the .64 but hopefully retune will make it abit better but abit surprised in fourth gear full boost 20psi by 3900rpm can see the boost rise fast by 3500rpm and full boost just before it reaches 4000rpm

Will book in a retune next week hopefully can fit me in before easter long weekend going put in a fresh set of performace valve springs next weekend and before tune and run it at 25psi