SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Sharing a couple of results:

This is the recent SLSS2 run based on a Stock Rb25det with injectors, Brae high mount and 50mm gate on E86 final run or 356rwkws @20psi

slss2power.jpg

slss2boost.jpg

ATR43SS2 None VCT E85 Bolton version internally gated on factory exhaust manifold

ss2nonevctpower.jpg

ss2nonevctboost.jpg

21U R33 high flowed turbocharger 265rwkws on P98 fuel, running factory actuator. A high pressure actuator has been installed, looking forward to updated result.

power.jpg

talking about turbos coming loose a few pages back, anyone tried the atomic Anchorlox yet?

cheers

darren

First I'd heard of them but I don't see them being any better than ordinary locking tabs, aside from the fact you can reuse them. If anything they look to take up a lot of space.

• Like 1

That SLSS2 setup looks to deliver far more linear than the ATR43SS2.

Boost plots are way different which would account for the mid range torque whack the ATR43SS2 provides. Maybe the Brae manifold flows much nicer up high because it's like the thing isn't being strangled? Keeps making torque past 6000rpm.

How do they compare for real world driving and response?

Also, will eventually have results for my old SS1PU on a mates car now. He put it on his stock motor S15 with an external gate. Am not sure if he plans to run cams but he should beat my result due to the gate.

Preliminary testing indicates with the VCT he has not noticed any loss in spool (no extra lag to stock), and on 10psi he has already started gaining power vs the maxed out T28 that was on it prior.

I will update for records when available.

The SLSS2 is designed as an externally gated turbo, that particular reading has the advantage of external gate and Brae manifold, they do stretch power and torque figure a lot further. On same platform, they performs very closely as they all have identical compressors.

Unfortunately most of SS2 results shown are running as stock boltons. It also appears that Neo motors, probably due to their cams, they can fetch power and torque further into the high PRM regions compare to standard R33 Rb25det motors.

Notice the behavior of this is a Neo motor with a bolton SS2:

297rwkws.jpg

ss2boost.jpg

Result could be from E85 as the tuner has forgotten.

That SLSS2 setup looks to deliver far more linear than the ATR43SS2.

?

Yeah i would say the dofference is in the manifold and ext gate as i run the atr43ss2 also with brae mani and ext gate and my curve is very similar to that SL curve.

Anchorlox look promising, price is high. GCG offer the same gear for more acceptable coin. The nuts and Belleville washers available from Ralliart for the Evo are top notch but also priced accordingly.

thankyou for that information, the stage 8 stuff from gcg is a a lot cheaper

cheers

darren

As you know I am a major devotee to the thread and product (even though I'm not personally using one anymore), and in my opinion the current highflow is one of the best options available.

I would buy a 2iu highflow over an SS1PU, and I would buy an op6 highflow over an SS2. Internal gate, bolt on.

I would go the SS2 if I was investing in the supporting mods to aim for 350, but not otherwise.

• Like 1